shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your resized rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
so i'm pondering over resizing a ring or just attaching sizing beads or a spring inside the ring. would love to see what all options (resized vs beads vs spring vs ???) LOOK like, and maybe if you could include some of your experience or opinion on the resizing method that would be great! comfort levels? costs? temporary resizing? risks/pros/cons? is there a noticeable line where the resized portion was taken out of the shank? does it make the ring weaker?

i have a pave melee ring with a thin band about 2 mm thick, and i worry resizing the actual shank will affect the melee and i don't want that! if i can not touch the original size i'd be happier, but in the long run i just want it to be snug and secure.

thanks!
33.gif

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
I have had many rings resized and you cannot even tell it was done. They add gold or platirum whatever tha case may be with your ring it looks like it was made the way you have it resized. I would not be afraid of having it sized, I would be afraid of not having it done. If it is too big you have the chance of losing it. I had a ring with the siziing beads and after a while it was uncomfortable and when my hands were cold the ring was loose. Don''t worry it won''t damage anything!
1.gif

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
I had the horse shoe sizer (spring) put inside my rings when they were made. The sizer in my weddng band snapped in half after wearing the ring for only a couple of weeks. My ring is 2.mm. Maybe a size that thin for the sizer is too fragile. I tend to take my rings on and off since I don´t wash dishes or cook with them on so maybe horse sizers are only good if you really don´t remove the rings very often.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
sorry my ring is 2.3mm not 2.mm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results