shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your "portfolio" of multiple engagement rings!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it would be fun for those who have multiple engagement rings to post all of them together (or multiple pictures of them) in one post!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@ringo865 Love your rings!! Which one is your favorite and which one do you wear most often?

@mrs-b Would love to see your engagement ring "portfolio"!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mostly wear the first one, which is actually my mom’s engagement ring setting she got from my dad as my original e-ring with a (pre-PS) .63 G VS2 from my DH. I wear it alone or with several different stacking options, and on either hand.

The second ring is an eyeclean si2 H elongated cushion 1.05 ct., so white and sparkly. The ring no longer fits, and I debate between resetting the center into a pendant, a different ring, resizing or rehoming it.

The third one is an 8mm moissy in a stuller solstice that I got from another PSer five(?) years ago. I wear this one with different stacking bands when I want a bigger look. And this stone reinforced my love for old cuts.

The fourth ring is my second most frequently worn - the rose gold set. The e-ring setting I designed from and had made locally with components from Stuller. The uncerted transitional diamond was rescued from pawn and is 1.27 ct, estimated K color, eye clean. The band I wear with this ring I won on an Instagram contest from honey jewelry co.

I alternate the two rings/sets that I wear most often (#1, #4) with the last ring as a RHR, an awesome old platinum and single cut ring with a 6.5mm OEC front and center.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Loving this!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MRBXXXFVVS1 -

This photo is from April this year, but I have since gotten rid of 5 of these rings. I am re-making them larger and/or with higher quality stones, and currently have 4 rings in the works. I'm keeping busy!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b Love love love your engagement rings! They are all gorgeous!! What's the story behind each one and what projects are you working on?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only own one ER now but here are photos of two others I did own plus the one and forever HG I now wear as my ER.
I do not have a photo of my original ER setting. It was a Tiffany style 4 prong in platinum. I reset it within the first year of marriage to the setting below.

Original ER. A 2.93 GIA GVS MRB

originalerandwb.jpg.png

Top ring on ring finger was my second diamond. A 4.56 LVS1 OEC
Bottom diamond is my upgrade (3rd ring) a 4.93 GIA JVS1but took it out of that setting and put it back into the setting I first saw it in a few years before I actually got it.

bubbalahandbea.jpg

Here it is next to the first OEC I had. First OEC on ring finger and current OEC on middle finger.

bubbalahandbea2016.jpg.png

Last pic of my forever OEC. May not be the forever setting but as it often does life got in the way so my search was/is interrupted for now.

bubbalahinivorybox.jpg.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy All of your rings are gorgeous!! I especially love your current OEC and the setting!! What other types of setting were you considering?

Thank you! I’m a solitaire girl at heart. I dream of finding a true antique solitaire setting for Bubbalah. ❤ It’s a very big long shot though. I do enjoy her current setting because it’s so feminine and reminds me of a flower.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Love love love your engagement rings! They are all gorgeous!! What's the story behind each one and what projects are you working on?

Merry Christmas, @MRBXXXFVVS1

The three I still have:

1) 5 stone ruby and diamond ring in rose gold setting from 1910. The originalring - bought on eBay - was a dodgy combo of garnets and sad little rubies. I bought some new rubies from Gemfix and sourced some beautifully cut, very clean, J colored diamonds and had the whole thing set and cleaned up by DKJ. I'd never be able to replace this ring and will never let it go. It's beautiful on the hand, and will always be one of my very favorite rings.

2) My ACA 3 stone. 3.05 F VS2 center with 2 x .61ct F VS1 sides - 4.28ctw of gorgeous diamonds in an 18kt and platinum custom setting by DKJ. I love (and I mean LOVE) this ring, but would like to upgrade the center stone at some point to a VS1 in the 3.5 - 4ct range. I had hoped to do that this year with a 3.21 F VS1 stone WhiteFlash currently has in their inventory, but will probably put it off for a year or two and go somewhat larger. This will be a major outlay - in the 50k minimum range just for the upgrade.

3) My perfect opal. This opal is everything. I saw it, fell in love, and bought it. I'll never part with it as it's just completely perfect. There's also roughly 2/3 of a ct of H&A colorless diamonds in it and the setting was designed by me and made, unsurprisingly, by DKJ.

The one that have moved on:

1) Grey spinel with 6 diamonds - 3 on either side - set in platinum by DKJ. GORGEOUS ring, and far nicer in real life than a photo can show. I loved it so much, I wanted a bigger one - simple! I sourced a larger spinel from Finewater Gems - an IF stone just under 4ct and sliiiightly more purple, sold this one, and am setting it in a platinum 3 stone with sides of 5.5mm E VS AVR's (1.3ctw) from Jonathan Weingarten at August Vintage. I already had one stone and he is currently sourcing another, matching diamond. I thought he'd found it for a second, but it fell through. As soon as I get it, all three stones will go off to DKJ to be set.

2) 7.4mm Golden sapphire with 2 x .6ct colorless cushions. Hmmmm. This one just didn't work for me. I dismantled it, sold the diamonds, and still go round and round about setting the sapphire.

3) 1.4ct I SI1 diamond solitaire in platinum. A beautifully cut stone, and one of the whitest I's I've ever seen. But I wanted whiter and cleaner, so I sold this one and am planning to go to something in the colorless VS range. I will then perhaps set it in a cluster.

4) Sapphire and diamond cluster. The sapphire was a shade over 7mm and the diamonds are all 26 or 27pts each - colorless, VS, H&A. This was a platinum setting by Steven Kirsch that I never completely loved. When I get the diamond mentioned above, I'll possibly have it set by Caysie van Bebber into a cluster using the 8 diamonds left over from the dismantled sapphire setting.

5) My Gloria Floria setting (designed by me, made by DKJ). Just not large enough. I removed the diamond and it's one of the ones which will be used as a side stone with the grey spinel. I *would* like to remake this setting - I LOVED it - and will probably do it, using either the golden sapphire or the diamond mentioned above, if I don't put that diamond into the cluster mentioned.

Projects I'm working on:

1) I decided 2 years ago that every piece I own has to be a forever piece. Consequently, I've gotten rid of pieces I liked a lot if I felt they could be done even a little better. Best example of this is the grey spinel - being remade with a larger, cleaner spinel with slightly better color (to my eye - all taste is subjective) and double the diamond ctw in 2 large stones instead of 6 small ones.

2) My Christmas ring, which is in a recent thread. I'm not happy with the way the rounds look next to the tsavorites; I feel they're a tad small. So it's going back to DKJ to be remade, using princess cut diamonds so I get a completely sleek look. Very clean, very uncluttered, which is probably my primary taste above anything else.

3) My new 4.05ct S-T colored VS2 emerald cut diamond, which will go into a high kt yellow gold bezel - very plain, very clean. I'll probably have the setting include a cup so I can pump up the yellow of the diamond. (This will be part of my birthday gift next year.)

4) My charm bracelet. Currently having a couple of charms tweaked and one more made. When those three are done, the bracelet will be complete. Almost every charm will have been custom made and that piece of jewelry will be one of the more expensive ones I own - more expensive, for instance, than the 4ct EC diamond. Apart from all the individual designs, all the enameling, and all the tiny gems in it, there is a TON of gold in it. A classic case of 'beware starting down unknown paths'!!

5) A second diamond bangle. I currently have a 5.2ctw diamond bangle. It's gorgeous. I want a second one to wear with it.

And that's everything!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing the stories of each of your rings!! Do you have pictures (or a link to a thread) for your charm bracelet and bangle? They sound amazing!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing the stories of each of your rings!! Do you have pictures (or a link to a thread) for your charm bracelet and bangle? They sound amazing!

My stuff is all over PS, so if you go to my profile and look up my links, you'll definitely find plenty of photos of anything you'd like to see - as well as the bracelet and bangle.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went through 3. First was my very first colored stone ring, sort of impromptu pre-engagement ring because the real ring wasn't quite ready. This is still one of my favorite rings and holds a very special place in my heart.
newring02.jpg

Then came the real engagement ring, a gorgeous HOF 1ct in Beverly K setting. I loved this ring so much, it was very me. Unfortunately I lost it many years ago on some random night out with friends. For many years I could barely look at other people's erings without a pang of sadness (and let's be honest a little jealous).
myBKweddingset2.jpg

Then it was our 10 year anniversary, I just had our 2nd son, and was turning 40 all at the same time. Literally during the labor which was pretty rough, I half jokingly said to my DH he better get me a replacement ring he's been talking about for years after this is all done. It took awhile to find the right one, but here is my current (and hopefully forever) ring, 2.88ct OEC/Transitional. Huge upgrade from previous and if I can change just 1 thing, I would one day like to reset it into a more vintage looking setting.
DSC_0109.JPG

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your ring Baby Blue!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous rings!!! I love your pre-engagement ring!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few - these are the two I am wearing the most right now. My wedding band is what is sentimental. My husband’s culture doesn’t have a strong e-ring tradition. He bought me an ring after our angagement, and it seemed like a lot of money at the time (students) UT it wasn’t - tiny stone, a bit lifeless, I appreciate it but don’t wear it.

Given that, I have bought all these rings - he hubby has his passions and buys those things; my DH has no skin in my game as to what I wear outside of out 18k yg band. I am my own women, pretty damn independent - I buy and wear my own jewelry.

87E25A2D-7B49-47E8-862C-29B68D90F688.jpeg

I also have a 2.7 carat L vs1 pear ring I bought years ago and reset into yellow gold. It’s been in the box for a while, but I love this stone, so much.

This emerald was a pawn shop, uncert’ed find but it was a winner, it’s a F vs2 per my local GIA certificated appraiser, with master stones. Local custom jeweler and I designed the 2 rings for a vaguely Edwardian, early Art Deco vibe - we heavily modified a semi mount and band they had made as a commission and the buyer had backed out, so got a hella steal!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
The three stone ring (1ct center w/ 1/3 ct sidestones) in platinum with the etoile platinum band is my original set. The halo (1.66ct) set in 18k white gold is my most recent addition to my collection. I wear the princess cut (0.4ct) set in 14k white gold and 5 stone set (1.25ct) in platinum most often. I wear the 2ct champagne diamond set in the Fall.
Engagement rings.JPG Halo engagement ring.JPG

Last edited:

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I do toooooo!

Thanks! I've been married 18 years, and I love having an assortment of wedding sets to choose from, depending on my mood. Adding my Tiffany X ring that I got for my 5-year anniversary. This is my first time sharing on Pricescope. Very excited!

Tiffany X ring.JPG

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Adding a few more pictures of my rings.

Champagne diamond engagement ring.jpg GGZ Diamond Wedding Bands.JPG GGZ Five stone ring trellis setting platinum.JPG

GGZ Three stone diamond ring.JPG GGZ Three stone ring in platinum.JPG GGZ Wedding Style.JPG

All these are lovely, but I'm SMITTEN with your brown diamond ring! Please tell us the specs!!!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
All these are lovely, but I'm SMITTEN with your brown diamond ring! Please tell us the specs!!!

Thank you! It'a a 2.00 CT cushion cut fancy champagne diamond in 18k white gold. I don't have any more details on the stone, but I know it has an inclusion. My jeweler, Terry, at Imperial Jewelry Co. in Chicago makes my rings. I gave him my budget, asked him for a nice champagne diamond, and he found this one for me. Then I picked out the setting to go with it. I am so happy with how it turned out! We thought about a yellow gold halo at first, but I was really on the fence about halos at the time (2017), and I already had a matching band for the white gold mounting, so I decided to go with that instead. A few years later, I really wanted a halo ring, and Terry designed the one I have now (above) with the 1.66ct J/VS2 center stone. Here are a couple pictures of the yellow gold halo mounting that we considered at first.

Yellow gold halo ring 2.jpg Yellow gold halo ring.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Someday I'd like to have one as either a right hand ring or a pendant.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went through 3. First was my very first colored stone ring, sort of impromptu pre-engagement ring because the real ring wasn't quite ready. This is still one of my favorite rings and holds a very special place in my heart.
newring02.jpg

Then came the real engagement ring, a gorgeous HOF 1ct in Beverly K setting. I loved this ring so much, it was very me. Unfortunately I lost it many years ago on some random night out with friends. For many years I could barely look at other people's erings without a pang of sadness (and let's be honest a little jealous).
myBKweddingset2.jpg

Then it was our 10 year anniversary, I just had our 2nd son, and was turning 40 all at the same time. Literally during the labor which was pretty rough, I half jokingly said to my DH he better get me a replacement ring he's been talking about for years after this is all done. It took awhile to find the right one, but here is my current (and hopefully forever) ring, 2.88ct OEC/Transitional. Huge upgrade from previous and if I can change just 1 thing, I would one day like to reset it into a more vintage looking setting.
DSC_0109.JPG

What is the pink/red stone in the first ring, please? It’s gorgeous!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results