shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I don't know where to post this, but I'm SUPER excited to have made an appointment to visit a Mikimoto boutique this coming week. Eeeeeee....I can hardly wait!

Just sharing my giddiness. :)

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
Also not sure where to post this but Andrew from Moline Pearls currently has a good deal if anyone is interested in something nice :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a fun field trip. Make sure to take lots of pics!

Will do! I've never been to one before. @yssie's trip last year (or was it this year?) has inspired me!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know where to post this, but I'm SUPER excited to have made an appointment to visit a Mikimoto boutique this coming week. Eeeeeee....I can hardly wait!

Just sharing my giddiness. :)

Ooooh. Can’t wait for your thoughts!!!! :bigsmile:

Do you have any specific pieces that you want to look at? ::)

YOU are a PSer who will really appreciate the various akoya grades, I’m sure of it!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh. Can’t wait for your thoughts!!!! :bigsmile:

Do you have any specific pieces that you want to look at? ::)

YOU are a PSer who will really appreciate the various akoya grades, I’m sure of it!!

Thanks!

I currently own a smaller pair of Miki Akoya AAA studs, but they just don't wow me, even though their luster is gorgeous. I want to see if larger AAA studs get me more excited. I love pearls, I love the idea of pearl studs, so I would like to find some that really knock my socks off.

This is going to sound odd, but I actually like my Tiffany studs better because they are whiter in color and this subtle color difference makes them show up against my skin better. My skin is pink and very similar in color to the Mikis. The Mikis are better pearls, they have a slightly better luster, but only slightly. The Tiffs give them a run for their money! (And I'm not usually a Tiffany fan.)

I also would like to see several different pairs of Miki studs next to each other to see if there is any color variation. I'm wondering if I just happened to own a pair of pink-er pearl studs and there are whiter ones out there.

Actually I'm more of a black pearl girl. I like the almost racy look to them, and they really pop against my coloring. I'd like to try on different sizes of their black south sea studs to see what the best size works best for my ears.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Encouraging i find all the young (high) school girls who wear pearl studs around here
sorry if i may have mentioned it before but im a pearl watcher :lol:
I wonder if its one of the few styles allowed in their school's unicorn policy

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Encouraging i find all the young (high) school girls who wear pearl studs around here
sorry if i may have mentioned it before but im a pearl watcher :lol:
I wonder if its one of the few styles allowed in their school's unicorn policy

That is encouraging! I feel like with classic jewelry, even if it not in style at the moment, hold on to it long enough and it will be cool again. (Heck, I do that with clothes too.)

(LOL at "unicorn" policy -- I imagine every girl with her own pet unicorn in class!)

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

I currently own a smaller pair of Miki Akoya AAA studs, but they just don't wow me, even though their luster is gorgeous. I want to see if larger AAA studs get me more excited. I love pearls, I love the idea of pearl studs, so I would like to find some that really knock my socks off.

This is going to sound odd, but I actually like my Tiffany studs better because they are whiter in color and this subtle color difference makes them show up against my skin better. My skin is pink and very similar in color to the Mikis. The Mikis are better pearls, they have a slightly better luster, but only slightly. The Tiffs give them a run for their money! (And I'm not usually a Tiffany fan.)

I also would like to see several different pairs of Miki studs next to each other to see if there is any color variation. I'm wondering if I just happened to own a pair of pink-er pearl studs and there are whiter ones out there.

Actually I'm more of a black pearl girl. I like the almost racy look to them, and they really pop against my coloring. I'd like to try on different sizes of their black south sea studs to see what the best size works best for my ears.

You’re light-skinned and fair-haired - I can totally see black pearls looking so striking on you :love:

I know that Miki does have a range of pink-ness... But the Japanese preference is for strongly pinked pearls and I do think that carries over, even across the ocean. If you do find that you have a strong preference for minimally pink pearls perhaps white south seas would be another option?

Tiffany has some really really nice pearls, though. I can’t ever knock Tiffany!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
You’re light-skinned and fair-haired - I can totally see black pearls looking so striking on you :love:

I know that Miki does have a range of pink-ness... But the Japanese preference is for strongly pinked pearls and I do think that carries over, even across the ocean. If you do find that you have a strong preference for minimally pink pearls perhaps white south seas would be another option?

Tiffany has some really really nice pearls, though. I can’t ever knock Tiffany!

Yes, I'd love to look at some of Miki white south sea dangle earrings. I want a pair that has presence but minimal bling/diamonds so they can be worn during the day in less formal settings.

Did you watch the series "Atlantic Crossing?" Its based on a true story about Crown Princess Martha of Norway coming to the US to keep her children safe during WWII. Anyway, its a great series to watch if you love pearl jewelry, and it really stoked up my desire for a day-wear pair of pearl dangles!

Some pearl eye candy from the series:

MV5BNGRmNzQwNWUtZDQ1MS00ZWNmLTgyZmMtNmRmYjZhODllMjI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQVRoaXJkUGFydHlJbmdlc3Rpb25Xb3...jpg

atlantic-crossing-sofia-on-martha-1920x1080-1-640x360.jpg

AtlanticCrossing_EP6_1_t800.jpg

MV5BYzdhNzFlMjctNDAxMy00MGNjLTk2ZDItYzdmYjhlYTc4MWJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._...jpg

606b2e3967a17.image.jpg

atlantic-crossing-sofia-helin-interview-compressed.jpg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve not heard of it but the pearls are lovely!! :love: And yes to a simple, easy-wear pair of dangles!!

Yes, I'd love to look at some of Miki white south sea dangle earrings. I want a pair that has presence but minimal bling/diamonds so they can be worn during the day in less formal settings.

Did you watch the series "Atlantic Crossing?" Its based on a true story about Crown Princess Martha of Norway coming to the US to keep her children safe during WWII. Anyway, its a great series to watch if you love pearl jewelry, and it really stoked up my desire for a day-wear pair of pearl dangles!

Some pearl eye candy from the series:

MV5BNGRmNzQwNWUtZDQ1MS00ZWNmLTgyZmMtNmRmYjZhODllMjI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQVRoaXJkUGFydHlJbmdlc3Rpb25Xb3...jpg

atlantic-crossing-sofia-on-martha-1920x1080-1-640x360.jpg

AtlanticCrossing_EP6_1_t800.jpg

MV5BYzdhNzFlMjctNDAxMy00MGNjLTk2ZDItYzdmYjhlYTc4MWJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._...jpg

606b2e3967a17.image.jpg

atlantic-crossing-sofia-helin-interview-compressed.jpg

I haven’t updated my Miki thread yet, but I actually went to Mikimoto to look at white south sea studs... The options available at the time were “nice but not spectacular” and for Mikimoto pricing I demand spectacular!! I would say it’s a fantastic idea to see what they have *but* if none of their WSS wow you - don’t lose heart, Miki doesn’t specialize in WSS so what you’re seeing is probably just not the best that you could buy. WSS can and should wow you. I went two months ago though, so perhaps stock is different!?

Thanks for the reminder to update my thread... I’ll add that to my to do list for the next few days!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does a Tahitian MOP dial on a watch count? I'm fascinated by the depth of color. This may be the start of some bad things for me, lol. IMG_0505 (002).jpg
Yes! And beautiful!!

Welcome, rabbit. Come down the hole, warren’s cozy ::)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does a Tahitian MOP dial on a watch count? I'm fascinated by the depth of color. This may be the start of some bad things for me, lol. IMG_0505 (002).jpg

That's gorgouse
I love the way it looks like a drop of petrol or diesel in a puddle after it rains

And welcome to the world of pearls

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today i had a customer with amazing Wilma Flintstones
Im sure someone has discussed it here but i can't really remember - the pearls had swirls on ???
They were a very large size and quite round for baroques and very white

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, thank you I think, lol.

Absolutly ment as a compliment just not worded too great by me :lol:
I know its a bad enviromental thing for any oil to go down the drain and into the storm water to the sea but on a rainy day as the sun comes out it can be so pretty
i remember at high school as my freinds and i walked laps of the school at lunch time, one of the teacher's car must have leaked something because there were always such pretty oil rainbows in the puddles in the tarmac Fotolia_71961175_Subscription_Monthly_M.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutly ment as a compliment just not worded too great by me :lol:
I know its a bad enviromental thing for any oil to go down the drain and into the storm water to the sea but on a rainy day as the sun comes out it can be so pretty
i remember at high school as my freinds and i walked laps of the school at lunch time, one of the teacher's car must have leaked something because there were always such pretty oil rainbows in the puddles in the tarmac Fotolia_71961175_Subscription_Monthly_M.jpg

Oh no worries! I was actually reacting to the "welcome to the world of pearls" comment, lol. I don't need another obsession. I don't want another obsession. Oh wait, I think it's too late. o_O

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just have to say - I keep coming back to your watch. It’s exquisite! An extra special MOP watch just made it to my wishlist!

Thank you so much!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least pearls are cheaper than diamonds :lol:

That’s part of the problem!! They’re so much easier to justify. And then one day you look at everything you’ve managed to acquire - in a shockingly short time frame - and the veil lifts and you realize you’ve been duped :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results