carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Why don't you wear them ?
This post is a few months old
maybe you had fun with them in the lockdown ?

I'm pretty much a jeans and t-shirt girl. I rarely wear necklaces, and always take them off, as I find them distracting? I'll keep a couple for the yearly Xmas party and the odd celebration, but the rest I'll try to sell. I love how they look when I see the photos, will put one on and 30 mins later...back in the box LOL.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty much a jeans and t-shirt girl. I rarely wear necklaces, and always take them off, as I find them distracting? I'll keep a couple for the yearly Xmas party and the odd celebration, but the rest I'll try to sell. I love how they look when I see the photos, will put one on and 30 mins later...back in the box LOL.

Understood =)2
And well they do like to be warn so 30mim sounds fun

But id keep a few extra back just in case your taste changes
I never even thought of pearls till i inherited my mum's despite

Now i just can't stop drooling at the Queen's pearls :kiss2:

Incidently when i first went to work in the very early 90s i worked for a large regionsl rural servicing company
On Tuesdays was a big stock sale and all the farmers with wives in tow would come to town in their best clothes
the ladies all wore 'denim twinset' with pearls so in my mind pearls go with denim

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Understood =)2
And well they do like to be warn so 30mim sounds fun

But id keep a few extra back just in case your taste changes
I never even thought of pearls till i inherited my mum's despite

Now i just can't stop drooling at the Queen's pearls :kiss2:

Incidently when i first went to work in the very early 90s i worked for a large regionsl rural servicing company
On Tuesdays was a big stock sale and all the farmers with wives in tow would come to town in their best clothes
the ladies all wore 'denim twinset' with pearls so in my mind pearls go with denim

I agree! I think you can rock pearls with jeans and a tee any day! I think it's the irritation part mainly now that I think about it. I should put a strand on and forget about it LOL.

Back when I was a stay at home Mom, and the kids in elementary school, the Moms used to have a wear your pearls day, I think it was Thursday. That was fun. I'd wear them.

I adore pearls too. Do you have a favorite famous strand, or are your Mum's your favorite?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree! I think you can rock pearls with jeans and a tee any day! I think it's the irritation part mainly now that I think about it. I should put a strand on and forget about it LOL.

Back when I was a stay at home Mom, and the kids in elementary school, the Moms used to have a wear your pearls day, I think it was Thursday. That was fun. I'd wear them.

I adore pearls too. Do you have a favorite famous strand, or are your Mum's your favorite?
It sounds tonns of fun !
Warning !
Long ramble going nowhere coming up ! :lol-2:

My favourite to be honest is a faux choker i brought in 1989
one day im going to have it made with real pearls and silver wire
I have been known to wear it upside down on my forehead bandeau style
It isnt a full round - its made of wire and i don't feel strangled by it and its light

i love Camila The Dutchess of Cornwall's chokers and i love the Queen's pearls and i loved when Diana wore pearls

But beads always gave me a headache so im new to wearing anything but a chain
i have a ton of pearl projects in my head and i want to buy a pink strand from pearl paradise
Mum's stand is very nice but when its restrung i need to lengthen it to its current stretched length - im thinking of buying a mixed by the inch length from pearl paradise and hopefully i can do all my lengthening .
I have a fun multi strand from the mall jewler-(white, pink and white baroque)i really love but its too tight
I hate feeling strangled

How ever thinking back the pearls i wore the most was a cheap dyed blue and silver necklase i got from an outlet stote. with Baroque, rounds, and bits of shell, it was long and light

When it broke i wish i had saved all the bits
I wore it on christmas and family birthdays - i found the matching braclete yesterday and thought if i can find enough of the other bits i could string it back up, It was almost a rope
I mean Queen Alexandra wore faux and real pearls so who cares if they are cheap dyed ones

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
It sounds tonns of fun !
Warning !
Long ramble going nowhere coming up ! :lol-2:

My favourite to be honest is a faux choker i brought in 1989
one day im going to have it made with real pearls and silver wire
I have been known to wear it upside down on my forehead bandeau style
It isnt a full round - its made of wire and i don't feel strangled by it and its light

i love Camila The Dutchess of Cornwall's chokers and i love the Queen's pearls and i loved when Diana wore pearls

But beads always gave me a headache so im new to wearing anything but a chain
i have a ton of pearl projects in my head and i want to buy a pink strand from pearl paradise
Mum's stand is very nice but when its restrung i need to lengthen it to its current stretched length - im thinking of buying a mixed by the inch length from pearl paradise and hopefully i can do all my lengthening .
I have a fun multi strand from the mall jewler-(white, pink and white baroque)i really love but its too tight
I hate feeling strangled

How ever thinking back the pearls i wore the most was a cheap dyed blue and silver necklase i got from an outlet stote. with Baroque, rounds, and bits of shell, it was long and light

When it broke i wish i had saved all the bits
I wore it on christmas and family birthdays - i found the matching braclete yesterday and thought if i can find enough of the other bits i could string it back up, It was almost a rope
I mean Queen Alexandra wore faux and real pearls so who cares if they are cheap dyed ones

Ooooooo, they all sound lovely! Something magical about pearls and shells IMO.
When you get them strung up, show us some pictures? I can relate that some of your favorite jewellery doesn't cost a mint. I'm like that too. My favorite was the only necklace I wore, a 2 dollar piece of light purple amethyst rough on a cord, until I dropped it on the tile floor and it cleaved in 2 :(

I taught myself how to knot a few years back and went crazy knotting beads and pearls with subtle and then crazy colored thread. Then I cut them all apart again. Not sure why now that I think about it Sometimes I just take the pearls out and play with them, the tactile experience is really lovely. When I do wear them for the day (maybe once a year?), the pearls get a lot of attention. People gravitate toward them. Mind you, up against my t-shirt they do lay there screaming Look At Me!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I haven't work pearls in ages. Wearing Tokki pearls with LT acquired Kamoka drop earrings. Completely overdressed for the dress...but I don't care. I'm alone.

20200807_100156.jpg

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been a good girl whilst in lockdown and refrained from shopping....until a couple days ago when I pulled the trigger at American Pearl :)

I got:

1. 1 pair 11mm white/silver South Sea pearl studs with platinum posts

2. 1 pair Arc de Triomphe heart earrings with 11mm white South Sea pearls in platinum setting.

I tried on the Arc de Triomphe earrings with grey pearls last year when I visited the showroom in NY.

I'm really excited to get my earrings in a couple weeks!

IMG_0979.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been a good girl whilst in lockdown and refrained from shopping....until a couple days ago when I pulled the trigger at American Pearl :)

I got:

1. 1 pair 11mm white/silver South Sea pearl studs with platinum posts

2. 1 pair Arc de Triomphe heart earrings with 11mm white South Sea pearls in platinum setting.

I tried on the Arc de Triomphe earrings with grey pearls last year when I visited the showroom in NY.

I'm really excited to get my earrings in a couple weeks!

IMG_0979.JPG

Beautiful design! Looking forward to more photos when you get them!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That's a cute earring!!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I posted these pictures on other threads before I found this one about pearls, but I wanted to share them here.

My 14K yellow gold earrings with Taille d’Eparnge enamel and pearls, circa 1870. I love the little anchors.

Vintage earrings with anchor.JPG

My freshwater necklace and bracelet from Tiffany's. The WG earrings were a gift from my sister-in-law, and I purchased the SS ring in Austin during a class reunion trip.

IMG_2841.jpg

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Trying this again...
The yellow gold pearl ring and earrings with rubies were gifted to me by my father-in-law. They belonged to my husband's grandmother. (I tried to crop the photo, but it didn't work.)

Attachments

• IMG_2843.jpg
    IMG_2843.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 40

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted these pictures on other threads before I found this one about pearls, but I wanted to share them here.

My 14K yellow gold earrings with Taille d’Eparnge enamel and pearls, circa 1870. I love the little anchors.

Vintage earrings with anchor.JPG

My freshwater necklace and bracelet from Tiffany's. The WG earrings were a gift from my sister-in-law, and I purchased the SS ring in Austin during a class reunion trip.

IMG_2841.jpg

Nice collection @mommylawyer !
The anchor earrings are stunning.:kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A wee while ago on another thread i was talking about these dyed pearls and my apologies - i just forget with who
So i had this fun dyed pearl and shell silver necklase - it was at least opera length as i wore it doubled and it didn't chock me
i brought it at a kiost at a fashion outlet mall
i wore it so much i wasn't too sad when it finally broke - i got more than a few Christmases with Gary's family out of it
Anyway i picked up all the bits and its in a post office bag somewhere here waiting to be posted off to my sister
16004142971931133617094.jpg
But ive had these two loose pearls lying around for ages - its such a pretty blue - ive found a pearl / necklase stringer in Auckland - i have so many things that need restrung - i thought well why not try him out on these cheap dyed freshwater pearls

I sure hope i have enough pearls as you wouldn't beleave it:lol-2: - for two years those two loose pearls where safe all be it in two different rooms
yesterday i put them together before taking one to the light for the loupe and now i went to put it back who knows where that other loose one is :doh:

....dang ! But why did i made the mistake of looking at them through my loupe :doh:
Fingers crossed its just these two that are chipped and nicked from literally just lying around for a few years

The cost of restringing is only about the cost of the original necklase but i just loved them
im hoping if i sacrafice the matching braclete (that's never been worn) there will be enough for an 18in necklase without the shell and silver links

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Here are my new gorgeous pearls bought preloved by the lovely @yssie I could have never picked out studs so beautiful! They are white Hanadama from Pearl Paradise, 9.3mm white with irridescent pink overtones. They are stunning! I'm over the moon with them! Hubby is giving them to me for my birthday in the next few months, so these are some excited ear shots and then they will go away for a little while.
781732 781733 781734 781735 781736 781737 781738

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my new gorgeous pearls bought preloved by the lovely @yssie I could have never picked out studs so beautiful! They are white Hanadama from Pearl Paradise, 9.3mm white with irridescent pink overtones. They are stunning! I'm over the moon with them! Hubby is giving them to me for my birthday in the next few months, so these are some excited ear shots and then they will go away for a little while.
20200924_104515.jpg 20200924_105453.jpg 20200924_105514.jpg 20200924_105713.jpg 20200924_173243.jpg 20200924_173300.jpg 20200924_173523.jpg

Beautiful! These look lovely on you. Happy Birthday in advance!

Tiffany44

Rough_Rock
I was dilemma between this single south sea pearl necklace or 2 strands of 9mm? Akoya pearl necklaces. Cos I have been eyeing on Queen Elizabeth wedding gift, 2 strands of pearl necklaces from King George VI. It’s a classic and she wore it for more than 50years 3F629695-899B-4049-8098-8E19D5FB282C.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results