shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your oval sapphire rings please!!! Im also still in the market to buy one.

U

User56783

I want to see your light blue oval sapphire engagement rings.

Im not sure why it seems so small to me. But I put a deposit down last night on a beautiful light blue oval sapphire for a ring im designing myself. The sapphire is
8.8mm x 7.57 x 5.75 heated, VVS.

I'd prefer pictures of sapphires set in Halo's with exact dimensions while they are on your fingers!!!!

If anyone has one to sell that is on par but slightly larger, I have a budget of 3000.00 for a stone right now.
9.5-10.5mm x 8.5-9.5mm
light blue
VVS
No banding

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
please provide a link +/- pictures

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm confused by your post. Are you looking for a sapphire or did you out a deposit down on a sapphire

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also if you're looking for a sapphire, I'm not sure what color you are after, but a 3 carat sapphire for under 3k won't necessarily be the easiest to find.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is smaller than yours it is 1.67 carats with 1/4 carat diamonds. I bought it pre-loved but it is a good representation of a light blue sapphire with diamond halo. The ring is a bit big on my size 5.75 finger (and terrible old beat up hands).

Ring details
eighteen 1.3mm diamonds on halo
two 1.5mm bezel on each side of shank
2.2mm white gold shank
unheated Ceylon light blue sapphire
1.67 carat (Size: 8.4 x 6.1 x 4.4mm deep)
4gms 18KWG, Comfort shank.

Vendor pics:

U

User56783

This is the stone that I reserved. I was just hoping to find slightly better color.

I was asking for the pictures and videos so that I could judge the stones sizes in a halo while sitting on a finger.

U

User56783

This one is smaller than yours it is 1.67 carats with 1/4 carat diamonds. I bought it pre-loved but it is a good representation of a light blue sapphire with diamond halo. The ring is a bit big on my size 5.75 finger (and terrible old beat up hands).

Ring details
eighteen 1.3mm diamonds on halo
two 1.5mm bezel on each side of shank
2.2mm white gold shank
unheated Ceylon light blue sapphire
1.67 carat (Size: 8.4 x 6.1 x 4.4mm deep)
4gms 18KWG, Comfort shank.

Vendor pics:

Thank you for this!!! I guess alot of my trouble imaging the sizes comes from a few smaller ones that I bought. 5.5x6.8 or so and they seem tiny. But jump 2mm and while it seems so small(the 2mm increase), it seems so much larger on your finger! Im just a guy, trying not to screw this up to bad!!! So thank you! Beautiful ring by the way. I love that it's light blue.

U

User56783

I'm confused by your post. Are you looking for a sapphire or did you out a deposit down on a sapphire
I did put a down payment on one, but was hoping to maybe find slightly better color. The problem is I don't think I can retain the sparkle of the stone I found in a darker color. I guess I was just hoping.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a bit worried about the cut of the sapphire you posted. Seems like there may be a window and with that big belly you might be paying for a stone that faces up smaller than it's carat size compared to a better cut stone. Check out Gemfix and Mastercutgems if you haven't already. Dana (Mastercut) has a nice oval 2 carat blue Montana sapphire on sale right now. Montana sapphires in general have been said to have some grey tones compared to other sapphires- but Dana could tell you for sure.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That looks a little reminiscent of some of siamgold78's videos. Is there any chance that is the vendor? I ask because their photography is apparently quite difficult to read, and pictures can deviate from what people receive (at least this is what I have read here).

U

User56783

That looks a little reminiscent of some of siamgold78's videos. Is there any chance that is the vendor? I ask because their photography is apparently quite difficult to read, and pictures can deviate from what people receive (at least this is what I have read here).
It is not.... Atleast from what I know. I didn't find the vendor on eBay, but you're 100000% right about the photographs. And the video.

U

User56783

Actually... The videos and photos look to be taken in front of the same flowers.

U

User56783

I am a bit worried about the cut of the sapphire you posted. Seems like there may be a window and with that big belly you might be paying for a stone that faces up smaller than it's carat size compared to a better cut stone. Check out Gemfix and Mastercutgems if you haven't already. Dana (Mastercut) has a nice oval 2 carat blue Montana sapphire on sale right now. Montana sapphires in general have been said to have some grey tones compared to other sapphires- but Dana could tell you for sure.
I am going to go look right now. I actually appreciated the fat bottom of the stone for the particular ring I want to have made. I wanted the halo to support the sapphire entirely, leaving all 4 sides top and bottom completely exposed to see.

As long as it looks appx 9x7 (even though it it's almost a 1:1) it's going to work. As long as what I've looked at recently is actually 9x7 and not larger.

U

User56783

I just took a look. (Gemfix) Alot of his oval cut sapphires show alot of black, but he had some beautiful blues.

U

User56783

Actually... The videos and photos look to be taken in front of the same flowers.
It was cut and sold by Siam. He even gave me the original sale price to the person im working with. He sold it for 2800.00 and im paying roughly 300.00 more per ct from him. I priced other sapphires, (I'll ignore the natural sapphire companies prices now considering the thread on here I just read through.) It didnt seem so bad considering the clarity, and symmetry and over all size even if it bottom heavy.

Guidance?

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes looks like they used the original videos, could I ask where you purchased it from? I am curious to go through their other stones.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my oval sapphire ring unheated wearing it now. Does not ink out at all (it is a nocturnal picture) but collected dust and dirt in the place where it was kept, sorry.

20170510_191743.jpg

Last edited:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you provide your specifications and budget, many here will be more than happy to assist in your search.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you firm on the desired dimensions? It is much easier to find the gem of the proper color then design the setting than to design the setting first. Also your desired size of 9.5-10.5mm x 8.5-9.5mm in a halo is impractically large for most women's fingers. If you are putting the sapphire in a halo setting then you are adding an additional 2.6-4mm to the dimensions of the sapphire. A more reasonable size for the sapphire would 7 x 5 or 8 x 6. Also do you want a true blue or a greenish blue(aqua) or a violet blue sapphire?
Would this sapphire be the correct color for you? www, earthstreasury.com/product/1-64-carat-light-sky-blue-montana-sapphire-heated/ . I'm just throwing this out as an example to find out what you do and don't like about the color, shape and size and treatment. Could you also mention your beloved's ring size and if the sapphire is going into a double or single halo.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom- That is a beautiful sapphire ring!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is my oval sapphire ring unheated wearing it now. Does not ink out at all (it is a nocturnal picture) but collected dust and dirt in the place where it was kept, sorry.

20170510_191743.jpg

That is such a stuning blue! I live it :love: the design is so unique too!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did put a down payment on one, but was hoping to maybe find slightly better color. The problem is I don't think I can retain the sparkle of the stone I found in a darker color. I guess I was just hoping.
Light blue sapphires, when well cut and polished, can sparkle a great deal. Maybe the ones you're looking at have some microscopic silk, which impedes sparkle, and/or they're just not well cut. Did you check finewater gems or gemfix.com. They often has sparkly sapphires.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have been given excellent examples of oval sapphires!!

When you say you want the halo to support the stone and have all four sides open, what exactly do you mean? You will have prongs like @LisaRN 's lovely setting that has the girdle exposed?

Her side view photo clearly shows how lovely the setting is and it's a fairly standard look. Your desire to design before picking the stone is confusing to me.

Hopefully you now have a few sapphires in mind.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my sapphire ring I was so lucky to get from Niel. Almost have had it one year and still in love. 2.08 carats and heat only.
A74D4B09-5059-4543-B333-818D55449A77.jpeg 7E32BC00-2A84-45CC-8CE6-FBCE6B7AC315.jpeg

Hello beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results