shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Mother's Ring!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I am interested in getting a Mother's ring and want to see some ideas. I would love to see your stackers, single ring or any other creation that represents your kids/family. Thanks!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lily :wavey:

Here is mine. In the UK we don't really have push presents or mothers rings, but on the birth of our 2nd & last daughter, my husband presented me with a full princess cut eternity ring. To cut a long story short, we were engaged quickly, married soon after & pregnant within months of the wedding. On our 1st anniversary I was 5 months pregnant, which got him to raise the subject of eternity rings. His mother had told him it was traditional to present one on the first wedding anniversary or birth of the first child - whichever came soonest. Consequently he was worried about what to do!

As I had recently had 2 rings in a short space, I suggested he saved the eternity until the birth of number 2 & our family was complete :love:

Sadly I had trouble with the setting over the last few years, but a very talented jeweller friend was able to remove all of the diamonds without chipping any & custom forge its new & very sturdy forever home. It sometimes lives on my right hand as altogether there is 8.75mm of rings stacked & they get tight, but my rings are on my hands 24/7. They are a part of my body & my story :praise:

img_20150115_2.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Alex, what a lovely story and lovely rings! That is exactly what I am thinking, they will be part of me! My oldest is going to college this year and I will wicked miss him. Thanks for the post. Did you upsize given the width and if so how much?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - I am dreading my girls leaving for University. I can't even think about it & they're only 4 & 6!

My wedding ring is 3mm & solitaire is 2.75mm underneath tapering to 2 at the top. My original eternity was 2mm at finger level, fanning out to 3mm on the top where the diamonds sat. It was always a little looser than the others, but was ordered in the same size. When my friend in London got his hands on it, he found it was a size bigger (I'm a UK size K (US 5.25) & it turned out to be an L) so he removed a diamond in the remake process to make it a true size K. The ring is now also chanel set & a very solid 3mm wide. So wider & tighter than I'm used to. Through this last winter they have been clanking around & happily spinning, but now the weather has got warmer, sometimes my finger feels strangled & I struggle to get them off! I'm hoping in time they will bed in & make themselves a groove. They belong together & are very precious :))

What kind of ring are you thinking of? Any ideas?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, sorry, I didn't answer your question! I haven't had them made larger as I feel they would fall off in the cold! I will persevere with the groove finding & swapping it to the right hand in the heat :)

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Lioness, that is so perfect! Such a lovely find! Alex, I was thinking of doing a set of stacking rings from Erika Winters. Here are the links to the three: http://www.erikawinters.com/Wedding-Bands-Lily.html , http://www.erikawinters.com/Wedding-Bands-Liv.html and http://www.erikawinters.com/Wedding-Bands-Viola.html.. The Liv in the brushed gold with french cut diamonds, the Lily with Alexandrite instead of diamonds(not sure if the brushed platinum or brushed gold) and the Viola plain with hidden stones for my husband(peridot) and dogs(December) but not sure if in brushed platinum or gold or unplayed white gold. My kids birthstones are June and April. I love the suggestions others have made for different stones depending on different characteristics but I am not very creative and can't really come up with anything else other than birthstones. I know... lame!

Does anyone have thoughts on the mix for the metals? What might look best together or hold up best? Keep the beautiful pictures and thoughts coming please!!!

Thanks!!!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Could I revive this old thread? There are so many lovely mother’s rings floating around the forum, I’d love to be able to see them all in one place.

Edit: @kimberlyqkim your rings inspired me to search out a mother’s ring thread. @KristinTech am I remembering correctly that you also have some mother’s jewelry?

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
6227b9e4-423f-4b13-8d51-904b6568f476-jpeg.652749

@ibdrinken rings thread is here:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...david-klass-mothers-ring.244130/#post-4426911

Which were I believe inspired by @Logan Sapphire rings, info below:
1bb5ef68-9bbd-4ae0-bc88-0480eead82f3-jpeg.598308

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-david-klass-“mother’s-rings”.234985/#post-4232593

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is mine...three stone ring for three kids ❤️❤️❤️
image.jpg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Blurring out the names for privacy, but I love my 10k gold stack by Lisa Leonard. The two outside rings are my kids’ names and the center one has very small diamonds going through the middle. They’re handmade and I love them!

5DEB7E5B-5F20-421B-810F-F5F98D8E0535.jpeg

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Blurring out the names for privacy, but I love my 10k gold stack by Lisa Leonard. The two outside rings are my kids’ names and the center one has very small diamonds going through the middle. They’re handmade and I love them!

5DEB7E5B-5F20-421B-810F-F5F98D8E0535.jpeg

I love how organic that stack looks together, and it fits your hand beautifully!

ibdrinken

Shiny_Rock

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine isn’t a actual mother’s ring however a few years back I had my 5 stone reset and I had 2 blue diamonds (irradiated) added, the sit on each side of the diamonds on the side, they represent my 2 sons, oldest’s birthday is in December and youngest’s is in April hence blue diamonds (birthstone’s are blue zircon and diamond). C8F49B14-F44D-4AA5-8837-C2C4E3229417.jpeg 8DDC8D90-36BF-42C2-8060-FA0F415482EB.jpeg E01450AC-1B88-48FC-8D63-DB42CC6BE746.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is my Cartier trinity. I guess it’s more of a family ring....one band represents each of my kids and one represents my husband. I don’t think I have a photo but I can get one next time I am upstairs. (I am being Saturday LAZY).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here’s mine! I originally had a small three stone band with a small opal in the center with one diamond on each side. The diamonds were for the oldest and youngest boys born in April....My middle guy‘s stone was opal. I wore that ring all the time until one day the opal was looking bedraggled. One day my middle son looked at the band and said, “Mom..I’m the rock in the middle...” It made me so sad I put the ring away. His alternate stone is tourmaline but I wanted blue because he’s a male. I found this ring with an indicolite blue tourmaline..It was perfect. It was the largest stone in between the two diamonds. That evened it out..:kiss2:
I usually put it in a stack on my right hand.
1D4C71BB-71BA-4127-9E55-53BD57436724.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results