shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your mostly eye clean I1’s!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone! I’m going to look at 4 carat OEC I1. The dealer says that she’s eye clean except for a white feather. I’d love to see your mostly eye clean I1’s.

I think they are rare but they must exist, right?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
thanks for sharing! i knew there had to be some somewhere!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind, an I1 in a 4ct stone is not going to be the same as an I1 in a 1-2ct stone. The I1 inclusion will be much more visible in a 4ct.

You're right. I'm just deluding myself...

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I gave my sister this 1.3ct H I1, there are black inclusions depending on where you look and how closely. But from a few inches away it's not that noticeable. I would say that there are better I1s out there.

received_403976500821690.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I gave my sister this 1.3ct H I1, there are black inclusions depending on where you look and how closely. But from a few inches away it's not that noticeable. I would say that there are better I1s out there.

received_403976500821690.jpeg

Very pretty! Your sister is lucky!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lulu_ma , They do exist but are probably pretty rare. Please look at Old World Diamonds Instagram post from August 28, 2017. I’m still stunned that this antique cushion was an I1. I believe the carat weight was 4.97. It was absolutely gorgeous in person.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an almost eye clean I1 and my best girlfriend had an eye clean I1. Mine was .51ct and hers was .95ct.

With hers, you could see the inclusions with a loupe and with mine, it was one feather that was set under a prong, leaving the diamond super ideal cut, with no obvious inclusions whatsoever.

I can't find photos of my friend's .95, but here's the thread on my .51ct. I have to say, tho, this diamond benefits from being small. I don't think the same would be true of a substantially larger stone. My friend's .95 was a unicorn Ascendancy cut from Good Old Gold. Larger than a ct? I doubt it's out there.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is an EGL SI3 so I am going to count it in the I1 group. Absolutely eye-clean, but a couple of chips that never bother me. You can see the girdle one at the top of the stone between the prongs. It’s a 1.08ct
681A3A64-4EBC-4355-88B1-312E8E4CA006.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is an EGL SI3 so I am going to count it in the I1 group. Absolutely eye-clean, but a couple of chips that never bother me. You can see the girdle one at the top of the stone between the prongs. It’s a 1.08ct
681A3A64-4EBC-4355-88B1-312E8E4CA006.jpeg

:kiss2: :kiss2:

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
@klrrrr

why??? It's very pretty and the setting is so unique

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
This thread is fantastic idea

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lulu_ma , They do exist but are probably pretty rare. Please look at Old World Diamonds Instagram post from August 28, 2017. I’m still stunned that this antique cushion was an I1. I believe the carat weight was 4.97. It was absolutely gorgeous in person.

I wonder if this is the same one I saw @Calliecake, it was a really beautiful stone and I had a hard time believing it was M coloured and I1. If it’s the same one, it’s the bottom left in the picture I posted in the other thread @lulu_ma.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b what a score! That's diamond is so pretty.

@foxinsox that's lovely ring. I'm hoping that the SI3 I look at today has similar inclusion placements but I'm not sure...

@Calliecake I'm going to look up that post now.

I should have called this thread Show me your I1 Unicorns!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lulu_ma
not anywhere near 4ct (and I agreee that’s a whole other ballgame) , and I didn’t keep it so it’s not mine, but the center stone is an EGLSI3
Do you think it looks eye clean?

9521583E-D1FF-40A8-A2C7-657555ED309B.jpeg
I doubt this picture was done when it was impeccably clean.
good enough eye clean might be totally different than good enough eye clean for another person.
judging/learning by pictures of what’s tolerable to you in person of this /2-3 facets turning on/off to close in unison/slight mush or leakage /whatever.... compared to what others like - who wouldn’t consider a low color clarity grade in the first place - is incredibly difficult I’m sure.

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
1614920808267.jpeg

1614920859074.jpeg
1614920220896.jpeg
Would I buy this stone again if I could have a do-over? No - but clarity is just one piece of that pie.

Beautiful diamond but I'm particularly taken with your watch LOL
Casios are trusty steeds for work watches in my world. 20210305_085319.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lulu_ma
not anywhere near 4ct (and I agreee that’s a whole other ballgame) , and I didn’t keep it so it’s not mine, but the center stone is an EGLSI3
Do you think it looks eye clean?

9521583E-D1FF-40A8-A2C7-657555ED309B.jpeg
I doubt this picture was done when it was impeccably clean.
good enough eye clean might be totally different than good enough eye clean for another person.
judging/learning by pictures of what’s tolerable to you in person of this /2-3 facets turning on/off to close in unison/slight mush or leakage /whatever.... compared to what others like - who wouldn’t consider a low color clarity grade in the first place - is incredibly difficult I’m sure.

Quoting myself because out of edit window.
scratch low color comment - not applicable to you.

I also want to apologize if I sound harsh.
I don’t mean to criticize help you’ve gotten. It’s all great advice.
but I think it would be unfortunate if advice given here on a stone you attached pictures of because you thought looked pretty in it’s video, fit your criteria and was in your budget, the comments were negative, therefore you declined to view it in person to learn/decide for yourself what mattered to your own naked eye /preferences.
Or helped you tweak your wants parameter vs budget.

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Quoting myself because out of edit window.
scratch low color comment - not applicable to you.

I also want to apologize if I sound harsh.
I don’t mean to criticize help you’ve gotten. It’s all great advice.
but I think it would be unfortunate if advice given here on a stone you attached pictures of because you thought looked pretty in it’s video, fit your criteria and was in your budget, the comments were negative, therefore you declined to view it in person to learn/decide for yourself what mattered to your own naked eye /preferences.
Or helped you tweak your wants parameter vs budget.

I think this last comment is really important.

I actually don't care if a stone is eye clean. I also would probably be very happy/nonchalant about the inclusions in the stone @Rfisher posted, but the warmth would bug me.

Many would say "no" to stones that I might really love that would fail to meet majority "PS standards"

But I do not embody all PS standards. Nor do you OP. If you are curious about a stone, or fall in love with one that is wonky, has a few mushy facets, has carbon inclusions, etc....listen to your gut! PS is helpful to dodge true duds...but to me, PS provides guardrails, not gospel truth.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok ladies, this I1/ SI3 OEC is so pretty irl.

6DEF92EF-EF5C-40E8-80FB-3AA92DBD015C.jpeg
It’s pretty in the picture! I don’t like inclusions that impact on light return but other than that, I’m not too strict about them. It’s not super clean… but it’s an I1.
Do you like it? Is this the 4ct you were looking at?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results