shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your "minimalist" rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I don''t know about you girls.... but I am lost here !

j46_300.jpg
rings5.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2005 7:52:58 PM
Author: valeria101

j46_300.jpg
rings5.jpg
HI:

I have nothing to contribute other than these rings are right up my alley! Fab! From where do they hail?

cheers--Sharon

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2005 8:22:24 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 6/8/2005 7:52:58 PM
Author: valeria101

j46_300.jpg
rings5.jpg
HI:

I have nothing to contribute other than these rings are right up my alley! Fab! From where do they hail?

cheers--Sharon
Ana- I second Sharon''s request- where did you find these?! The very last one on the right may be a new contender for my 2ct omc!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Those are some of my favorite rings too! They are by Malcolm Betts...and there are more where those came from! Check out this Link!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Fatafelice- they are all wonderful!!! Why do they have to be in the UK?
5.gif
I''m going to start looking for similar pieces here in the states........

maggiepie

Rough_Rock
also check out cross jewelers in Portland Maine - they have some very nice settings!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arrgh... I should know better than link pictures without giving the source (it shows by right-click on the pictures).

The rings are nice, but not technically challenging. In fact, it may be more of a challenge to persuade your jeweler to hammer those solid 22k gold parts, leave them unpolished and charge you for the result ! This is waaay out of the usual box
2.gif

I suspect this designer is represented in the US. It may be worth asking... At some point, several pieces by him were listed by Ylang-Ylang and Twist. There must be many other galleries on the list.

half-carat

Rough_Rock
I almost never post here, but I''m a frequent lurker, and: OMG! Valeria, THANK YOU! I have been in touch w/Denise @ Whiteflash over the past couple of days discussing diamond stack rings. I melted when I saw the Malcolm Betts hammered finish. I''d never thought about hammered. Thanks for posting.
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow--such beautiful eye candy! I don''t have much to add, except to second (or fourth or fifth?) the suggestion that your friend check out Clay Pot in Brooklyn. (they have a good website too) I looked at their rings in person & they have many antique styles as well as modern, more minimalistic styles. Most of them are set with smaller center stones. I love all of the bezel-set rings on this thread.

Hmm....bezel set ring....
2.gif
20.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2005 1:45:45 PM
Author: half-carat

I have been in touch w/Denise @ Whiteflash over the past couple of days discussing diamond stack rings.
Stack rings...

surely you have seen these:

rings3.jpg

But how about these ? Not diamonds... but could be done that way:

A2756-026t.jpg
A2756-036t.jpg

Those are different colors and sizes, but it is not hard to imagine different shapes ...small ones would be allot of fun, IMO:
These are not small, but I could not find a version of the stacking rings by the same designer - they look the same, just small: the round diamonds might have been 5 points, with 7-10 tiny rings per "stack". The most fun were pairs of triangles that fit back to back or side on side over the finger - these were a bit larger (say 5mm diamond in relatively thick bezels). I could not swear those were by Solange... just in the same shop and I surely wasn't paying attention to the brand - as usual.

Stacks.JPG

half-carat

Rough_Rock
THUD! I think my brain just exploded...but in a happy way. :)

The Malcolm Betts and that last scatter of diamond stacks especially.

OooooOOO!!! Thanks, Valeria.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results