shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your milgrain wedding bands (wband)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
hi, i'm looking to buy a 2.5mm milgrain comfort fit wedding band aka wband

would those of you have a milgrain wband if you could please post a pic and let me know what you think of the one you have (i.e. how is the milgrain quality, etc) and where you got it from and if you would buy from the place again.

i tried the tiffany milgrain and liked it a lot but don't want to pay the "tiffany tax" plus tiffany does not make the x.5mm sizes. cartier does but also do not want to pay "cartier tax". i am checking signed pieces and ebay in the off chance but not easy to find 2.5mm width and size 4 ring size. how easy is it to resize a milgrain wband?

also if you have any suggestions on how to tell if milgrain is good quality.

i've attached pic of my ering with a 2mm eternity band that i was considering but decided against as i did not like the look of it with my ering

thanks!

IMG_1740_small.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really agree that a plain, thin, milgrain band will look better with your beautiful e-ring! I would not get one that has to be resized, or they may not repair the milgrain to be perfect. That would drive me crazy. The Tiffany one is the only one I know about, though, sorry!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just as soon as I posted it, I found exactly what you want!!! Facets has 2.5mm bands and you can opt for milgrain for free!!! Watch the pictures change and you'll see the milgrain ones! They go all the way down to a size 3, too! (Actually only the milgrain bands comes in a 2.5mm width apparently.)

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=747

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2008 8:59:22 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Just as soon as I posted it, I found exactly what you want!!! Facets has 2.5mm bands and you can opt for milgrain for free!!! Watch the pictures change and you'll see the milgrain ones! They go all the way down to a size 3, too!

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=747

thanks ds! facets have a really good price $341 for platinum! i went to shreve and they quoted me around $600. i just wonder if the quality is ok with such a low price. i went to langs in SF too and they are going to get back to me but they had a plain platinum band that was around $650ish so i think the milgrain wband would be in around that price too.

blue nile = $465

eweddingbands doesn't seem to carry x.5mm widths

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure that I have read other people on here buying their bands and I don''t recall anything negative. These are highly magnified photos so it is hard to tell how fine the milgrain is. I think I''d just order one and return it if you didn''t like it. I would think you could, since they appear to be stock items. I know they are nice about returns because I have returned something before. The price is so much lower than Tiffany, but I feel like I might need the 2mm because the other bands will be 2mm. I''d try the facets 2mm plain one, though, if I decided to go plain instead of milgrain.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
yep, i think i will order one and check it out - thanks so much for the link!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re welcome! And if you can, please post pictures of it on your hand for future reference for others looking for these!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
sure DS! if i order it i will take some pics.

i just emailed signedpieces because i wanted to order the 2.5mm from that page but there is not an option for it in the dropdown. so wanted to get a price quoted. i''m sure i''ll get an answer from them tomorrow and hopefully can order it tomorrow as well.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
DS - just curious what size you are looking for? if you want, since i am looking anyway, i can post if i find anything your size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! 5.5

I am resetting my solitaire right now, so I can''t really try on bands until it comes back. That''s why I haven''t decided yet.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
no problem - if i see something i''ll post it but i realize that you are prob not in the market right now. i have mostly seen bigger sizes like 8s so far.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I hope to be ready within a couple of weeks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2008 9:46:44 PM
Thanks! 5.5

I am resetting my solitaire right now, so I can''t really try on bands until it comes back. That''s why I haven''t decided yet.

How are you resetting it? Is there a thread I missed?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 4:21:38 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 2/10/2008 9:46:44 PM
Thanks! 5.5

I am resetting my solitaire right now, so I can't really try on bands until it comes back. That's why I haven't decided yet.

How are you resetting it? Is there a thread I missed?
Yeah, don't mean to hijack, but inquiring minds want to know!!! Leon Mege maybe with a Tiffany band???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results