shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your meaningful details

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’m dreaming up a new piece and would love to add some meaningful details. For example- I might add my sons’ birthstones, or names, or possibly the first initial of my last name into the design. I’d love to see your pieces with special details that honor those that you love or perhaps a meaningful place or event in your life.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Terrific idea!

I vote against birthstone since there are so many and they seem to change (although mine has stayed the same) and you get stuck with a random peridot in your ring. And if there are several, then it looks like you're a Seahawks or Packers fan... :cool2:

Maybe something more personal (but not a Pandora charm, necessarily ;)2).

I like the idea of a meaningful inscription on the inside. And I love the old inscriptions on antique rings. That is a thing that would stay in the family, imo (although clearly many don't). We did this with our plain gold wedding bands and I am glad we did. Hard to even read them now; knowing what I know now, I would've spent more on the engraving...

I even like the secret flush-mounted stones on the inside of some rings -- although I could not see doing that. I have a watch that has a tiny stone set where only I can see it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of a hidden gem inside the band of the ring only known to the wearer like the birthstone of her hubbie/ kids etc this could also be on the outside of the band but hidden between the fingers

Also a decorative gallery so the wearer can look down his/her hand and see pretty - weather it be a tiny gem similar to my first suggestion, pretty engraving or just lovelly detail in the setting

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Adding that I’m super lucky with my boy’s birthstones! One is April- so diamond and the other is June- so alexandrite or Pearl!
Terrific idea!

I vote against birthstone since there are so many and they seem to change (although mine has stayed the same) and you get stuck with a random peridot in your ring. And if there are several, then it looks like you're a Seahawks or Packers fan... :cool2:

Maybe something more personal (but not a Pandora charm, necessarily ;)2).

I like the idea of a meaningful inscription on the inside. And I love the old inscriptions on antique rings. That is a thing that would stay in the family, imo (although clearly many don't). We did this with our plain gold wedding bands and I am glad we did. Hard to even read them now; knowing what I know now, I would've spent more on the engraving...

I even like the secret flush-mounted stones on the inside of some rings -- although I could not see doing that. I have a watch that has a tiny stone set where only I can see it.

oh my! I had no idea that birthstones have ever changed. I’ll have to look into that. Thank you for the heads up! My sons birthstones are diamond (April) and Pearl & alexandrite (June) so I got very lucky! I was thinking of adding diamond baguettes and seed pearls! I hadn’t even thought of an inscription. My oldest can write his name now, I wonder if I could get his name in his handwriting! How cool would that be!!!!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
If I recall correctly; someone on here had her childrens names worked into the gallery in some sort of halo or ballerina style ring. I think it was made by DK. Hoping you see this and share!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my! I had no idea that birthstones have ever changed.

Well, I don't mean like the Pantone color of the year but, as you point out, there are redundancies and they kinda ebb and flow. Sad to think you have to get a something-else before you can get a diamond, sapphire, ruby, or emerald. It reminds me a bit of the "classic" anniversary gifts -- oh, it's eleven years so I will find something lovely made of tin or twine. :mrgreen2:

Maybe I am just remembering my poor Mom rolling her eyes over her birthstone, peridot. Most of those, back in the day, were ugly although it's not hard to find a pretty one now.

And I think my financial window for buying my birthstone is officially closed.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I’m dreaming up a new piece and would love to add some meaningful details. For example- I might add my sons’ birthstones, or names, or possibly the first initial of my last name into the design. I’d love to see your pieces with special details that honor those that you love or perhaps a meaningful place or event in your life.

I'm loving this ring that was posted and could see you doing assorted sizes of diamonds and alexandrites:
Annette.JPG
By Annette Tillander

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I have two projects in the works that will have close meaning to my heart:
I am resetting a sapphire halo diamond ring that my now husband got for me while we were dating - it was the first piece of jewelry he bought for me. It’ll be reset into a cluster ring with a small OMC and antique marquise from two other rings I don’t really wear anymore, and a couple of sourced cornflower sapphires.
The second project is a cluster pendant featuring a larger garnet, my son’s birthstone. It’ll also include a bunch of other diamonds from pieces I don’t wear anymore.
I’m hoping I can wear the pendant every day and cluster as a RHR. I’m super excited to see the final products!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results