shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your low scoring HCA diamonds!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3415.jpg So some of you may or may not know that I've been pondering an upgrade recently if you have been following my threads on RT. Many posters were very sweet to encourage me to keep my ring, some to encourage me to explore my options. Some pointed out that if I’ve never seen ideal, i don’t know what I’m missing. Just last night, a new poster with a low scoring HCA diamond posted with questions about her ideal diamond and again, opinions differed. So why not start a thread on this? I'll go first. And I will post pics under different lighting situations. All taken with my iphone 7, lol.

First pic is in the car. This is a Triple Excellent Gia I color SI2 with 5.7 HCA score.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0494F297-15C7-41A2-A0F3-9C37B556A9F1.jpeg
Department store on my daughter’s finger.

I have to say, the tint seems more obvious in certain lighting. Maybe also darkness in certain areas?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3690.jpg

I don't know what the HCA is on this, but it was bought in 1993 at a B&M store, so I will assume 5.5
That’s a lovely pendant! Would you mind sharing what qualities you notice about it that indicate to you it is a 5.5?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a lovely pendant! Would you mind sharing what qualities you notice about it that indicate to you it is a 5.5?

While it can be sparkly when near a windows, etc, it tends to be subdued and pretty rather than "here I am to wow you" attitude. It is D color I1 so.... maybe clarity issues also...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, your ring is gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala your ring is so beautiful and I love how you stacked it in these photos.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My camera is a disaster but this is my 2.4 HCA.

Phone case is pink so out keeps looking a bit pink in pics.

20180101_113016.jpg 20180101_112602.png
Love your ring! I think it’s beautiful! What do you notice about your diamond and certain lighting?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okies I am currently sitting in a darkish room in daytime trying to analyse my 2.4HCA and 1.2HCA for you lol!

2.4HCA (IF, E colour) - Beautiful rainbow sparkles under any sort of lighting no matter how crap. I took it grocery shopping today and observed it for you so I can say that with certainly. The sparkles really catch peoples attention. You can't not notice the array of sparkles if you know what I mean. Goes mental with fire in the sun. Big flashes of fire.

In the dark room, with blinds drawn in the daytime (2.30pm in the afternoon right now) it is less colourful but it's a good time to see the arrows and patterns.

1.2HCA (VS1, I colour) - In the dark room it looks brighter than the 2.4 but the difference is not hugely noticeable. If I flick on the light switch the 2.4 will start throwing rainbow sparkles whereas this one is nice and bright with smaller sparkles.

I dunno, I really prefer the 2.4. The 1.2 is bright and sparkly but it doesn't draw attention to itself the way the 2.4 does. The 2.4 is very eye catching in real life with it's colours and flashes. I wear a lot of stuff and people always get thrown by this ring from random middle aged men, woman of all ages, to teenage boys at the super market checkout! People who seem like they would have no interest in diamonds comment on it!

Lol Hope that helps!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6 weeks ago I’ve got my first pair of studs. I knew, we had a budget in mind, so I have chosen the diamonds to maximize the size. The diamonds are 0.7 ct. each, K, SI1, with HCA 2.5 and 2.8. The price was unbeatable with 2.500 € (at about 3.000 usd). I wear them every day, and doesn’t regret to have sacrificed for size.
273A4496-66DE-4029-99C4-B2F7F8B89942.jpeg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6 weeks ago I’ve got my first pair of studs. I knew, we had a budget in mind, so I have chosen the diamonds to maximize the size. The diamonds are 0.7 ct. each, K, SI1, with HCA 2.5 and 2.8. The price was unbeatable with 2.500 € (at about 3.000 usd). I wear them every day, and doesn’t regret to have sacrificed for size.
273A4496-66DE-4029-99C4-B2F7F8B89942.jpeg
These are gorgeous!!!

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DDAECC58-712E-40FF-B0E2-0422B2BE33E2.jpeg E9F0AE35-D474-42A5-8996-325F1FA3D81B.jpeg

First picture is at Smart and Final. Second is in my kitchen under energy saving lights.
Low scoring HCA or not.. that is a beautiful ring

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okies I am currently sitting in a darkish room in daytime trying to analyse my 2.4HCA and 1.2HCA for you lol!

2.4HCA (IF, E colour) - Beautiful rainbow sparkles under any sort of lighting no matter how crap. I took it grocery shopping today and observed it for you so I can say that with certainly. The sparkles really catch peoples attention. You can't not notice the array of sparkles if you know what I mean. Goes mental with fire in the sun. Big flashes of fire.

In the dark room, with blinds drawn in the daytime (2.30pm in the afternoon right now) it is less colourful but it's a good time to see the arrows and patterns.

1.2HCA (VS1, I colour) - In the dark room it looks brighter than the 2.4 but the difference is not hugely noticeable. If I flick on the light switch the 2.4 will start throwing rainbow sparkles whereas this one is nice and bright with smaller sparkles.

I dunno, I really prefer the 2.4. The 1.2 is bright and sparkly but it doesn't draw attention to itself the way the 2.4 does. The 2.4 is very eye catching in real life with it's colours and flashes. I wear a lot of stuff and people always get thrown by this ring from random middle aged men, woman of all ages, to teenage boys at the super market checkout! People who seem like they would have no interest in diamonds comment on it!

Lol Hope that helps!

I love your 2.4 E! If you have dimensions I’d love to see them (eg why it scores 2.4 but looks so firey). Maybe a high crown? E color is stunning!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes it’s best not to know too much.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes it’s best not to know too much.
Lol. That's one of the reasons that I started this thread-- so people can see for themselves.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results