shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your jewelry boxes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
If this has been done... someone direct me... I haven''t found one.

I need a nice countertop/dresser top jewelry box. Like... big, wood, chest style, with a pull out tray and a space underneath for bigger pieces.

Any idea where I can find one? Show me what you have, and tell me where you got it!

Thanks!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had a problem with my previous countertop ones, because they aren''t tall enough for my necklaces. I bought a jewelry armoire instead.... actually from Target, they bring them around at Christmas time. I''ve seen some like you described at Bed Bath and Beyond, which look nice.

http://www.jewelryboxes.com/woodjewelryboxes.cfm?source=googleaw&kwid=wooden%20jewelry%20boxes&tid=exact

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X3.aspx?DeptID=56856&CatID=56869&cm_mmc=Google-_-G_Jewelry-_-G_Jewelry_Boxes-_-wooden%20jewelry%20boxes

kjt

Rough_Rock
I have this one from the Bombay Company. It''s great, I put all my pieces in there. There''s enough storage for necklaces on both sides, and a whole drawer for rings and bracelets.

I hope this picture works. If it doesn''t, you can visit THIS site.

Roouge.jpg

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:21:31 PM
Author: tlh
I''ve had a problem with my previous countertop ones, because they aren''t tall enough for my necklaces. I bought a jewelry armoire instead.... actually from Target, they bring them around at Christmas time. I''ve seen some like you described at Bed Bath and Beyond, which look nice.

http://www.jewelryboxes.com/woodjewelryboxes.cfm?source=googleaw&kwid=wooden%20jewelry%20boxes&tid=exact

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X3.aspx?DeptID=56856&CatID=56869&cm_mmc=Google-_-G_Jewelry-_-G_Jewelry_Boxes-_-wooden%20jewelry%20boxes
Ok, I found this one on that site...

http://www.jewelryboxes.com/womens-jewelry-boxes/wood/cherrymirroredfrontjewelrybox.cfm

I really like the idea of being able to hang it on the wall.... I have a space in my closet where it could hang... and be perfect for putting everything on! I could even put my perfume bottles on top of it... and it''s on sale! LOL!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I got one that hangs on my closet wall, just got it right before Christmas.
let me look around the ''net, I''ll see if I can find it. I saw it in a catalog and ordered it.
I keep my costume jewelry in it and hide the good stuff,
2.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How funny! I''ve been looking at these this week too! Must be those fabulous rings we''re expecting and wanting to put in something safe huh luckytexan?
emteeth.gif

I love the ones that hang on the wall. I found the one I wanted online but I wanted to look around some. Then yesterday I saw a really pretty armoire (that stands like a piece of furniture) at Jc Penney of all places. They had a nice hanging one too. And all of theirs are on sale right now - I think 25% off.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:56:39 PM
Author: katiedid
How funny! I''ve been looking at these this week too! Must be those fabulous rings we''re expecting and wanting to put in something safe huh luckytexan?
emteeth.gif

I love the ones that hang on the wall. I found the one I wanted online but I wanted to look around some. Then yesterday I saw a really pretty armoire (that stands like a piece of furniture) at Jc Penney of all places. They had a nice hanging one too. And all of theirs are on sale right now - I think 25% off.
And I am trying to occupy myself! LOL!

Yeah I really do need one tho... I put all my jewelry in a travel soap case in my make up drawer
23.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So do you have a pick up date for your ring yet lucky?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!
I adore my jewellery box, love it.
I had such a long trial trying to find a nice one , and wanted just what you did.
These are 100% handmade, sooo lovely in person - I can't fault it. It has pride of place on my dresser, and I
know it will last forever.
Mine is the smaller style, but he also does them with more draws and chest style..
You can request any style you like in any combo of pretty woods. And imho, for handmade, the prices are awesome.

link to Dunan's woods
Dunc is so friendly and helpful..I bought off him through his etsy store.

My one: (it also has a lift out tray that sits in there).

brazil cherry and curly maple3.1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
One of the larger chest styles - this one is made of peru walnut - so pretty!!

Honestly, I looked all over the shops and net, and almost got ripped off by a dodgy site before finding Duncan -
14.gif

He makes exactly what I wanted, and prices are competitive with Chinese mass produced stuff.
I couldn''t be happier with mine.
emthup.gif

peru walnut.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous, ajj!!!! I''ve been looking for a box, and they''re either cheapies or giant ornate pieces of furniture. This Duncan Woods looks like I can get something beautiful without it being over-the-top. Thanks for the link!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:11:07 AM
Author: arjunajane

Honestly, I looked all over the shops and net, and almost got ripped off by a dodgy site before finding Duncan -
14.gif

He makes exactly what I wanted, and prices are competitive with Chinese mass produced stuff.

emthup.gif

I love you box aj! So great that it''s hand made. I really need a box--my things are all piled in a safe.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:23:47 AM
Author: Upgradable
Those are gorgeous, ajj!!!! I''ve been looking for a box, and they''re either cheapies or giant ornate pieces of furniture. This Duncan Woods looks like I can get something beautiful without it being over-the-top. Thanks for the link!!
Hi up! You''re welcome.
Thats exactly how I felt - I just couldn''t find something nice that wasn''t huge or hugely expensive, until Duncan.
Plus it''s nice to support a small business - even at the start of the year when I bought mine, he was unsure if he
would be able to keep doing it in these times
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 1:54:20 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 3/13/2009 10:11:07 AM
Author: arjunajane

14.gif

emthup.gif

I love you box aj! So great that it''s hand made. I really need a box--my things are all piled in a safe.
Hiya hon!
Yes, you do
2.gif
...I know a safe is..well..safer, lol..
But my home is a fortress and relatively no crime in my area, so I feel good about a box.
It''s really nice to admire it on the dresser
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And more photos for LuckyTexan to show how much room - I have quite a meaghre collection,
but you can see in this small size there is still quite abit of room..ok, threadjack over!
3.gif

DSC02829-resize.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results