shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't see the Insta bangle lady, I'm not surprised, there are a lot of Asian ladies with bird-like bone structure.
Yeah my oval Is not that small 55.5 x 48, the short side really makes it difficult to put on.
I was going to say I saw a really nice full minty green/blue bangle, 糯化, small amount of 棉 (lighter toned than Tiffany blue), but then I saw the price, it's not cheap, like 8k.

Colour is so expensive!!!! Any kind of good colour costs the earth!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Colour is so expensive!!!! Any kind of good colour costs the earth!!!

Yeap. Now I want a coloured one with a decent base, not a full colour, costs too much, and a 种水 bangle...
I bought one, had decent base but too much grey, doesn't look attractive in a lot of lighting, returned it.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeap. Now I want a coloured one with a decent base, not a full colour, costs too much, and a 种水 bangle...
I bought one, had decent base but too much grey, doesn't look attractive in a lot of lighting, returned it.

Oh did you get any pictures? Would love to see it regardless.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pleased with this one. Although less pleased about the first one since I probably got over paid.

My phone makes greens go aqua so it is more minty green than the slight aqua you see here.

PXL_20210630_020408083.jpg PXL_20210630_020310144.jpg PXL_20210630_020257085.jpg

Love the color @mellowyellowgirl and looks like a beautiful snug fit too. Now hide your wallet before more pretties entice you...haha

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Is an oval less accident prone ?

@Daisys and Diamonds , I like that the oval does not have a gap. The picture below shows a gap between the wrist and the bangle. It is a round bangle. I love the ovals for this reason. That's a 52, by the way. It is a bit on the big side for me. I don't have any jewellery with me at the moment, else I would have shown you how well the oval sits for me. It's a personal preference. All in the vault in the bank since we are moving places and in transit with locations.

1625130515147.png

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Erm. 10k isn’t cheap right

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Also photo is taken under lights, who knows what it looks like under normal condition. It's a big bangle though.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems were the photos you were given representive of the colour? Or were they way off base?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
No! Nooooo it is not!!!

Just in case anyone thinks I thought it was cheap!!!!

I just meant that colour is so expensive, even opaque colour costs the earth.

Yes, the color is beautiful!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I like this one

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@Lovinggems were the photos you were given representive of the colour? Or were they way off base?

Most weren't they were taken under lights, hence my comments. The one that's closest to the colour is a video but didn't see that much grey, it was more light green and less khaki.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My cheap and cheerful bangle has arrived. I love the thicker style and hefty weight on my wrist. It was sold as authentic Natural Burmese jadeite and I think the colour was represented well on the photos. It took just under a month to arrive from Thailand and was well packaged. Is this classified as bean quality?? Do you think it’s grade A untreated? I only paid approx $55 Au so I wasn’t expecting too much, but I like it :razz:

10D8AFC9-3E54-4022-9798-30477BFD3E49.jpeg D9F76FE5-3ADD-4E84-BEDD-1EA164C55F79.jpeg 79EAF4C7-6417-4DD2-A17D-E116B324AEC9.jpeg F1C1C4B5-5ACB-4EAB-8878-210E3A9FB713.jpeg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very pleased with this one. Although less pleased about the first one since I probably got over paid.

My phone makes greens go aqua so it is more minty green than the slight aqua you see here.

PXL_20210630_020408083.jpg PXL_20210630_020310144.jpg PXL_20210630_020257085.jpg

Is this one finer texture? The other one is rather thick though so more material.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this one finer texture? The other one is rather thick though so more material.

Much finer.

To be fair the other one was grainy but the grain was icy grain. And yes it was thicker by 1mm each way (10mm by 10 mm instead of 9 by 9)

@Sparkles88 yes I think it's likely it's untreated. I think the more green it is, the more the price jumps but not everything that's A grade is super expensive. A vendor used to send me Jade freebies back in the day so I think they can source things for lower prices too.

Thick looks great on you!!! Time for more fatty bangles!!!! =p

Funny I was just about to tag you to ask you about your bangle. What size did you opt for?

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Much finer.

To be fair the other one was grainy but the grain was icy grain. And yes it was thicker by 1mm each way (10mm by 10 mm instead of 9 by 9)

@Sparkles88 yes I think it's likely it's untreated. I think the more green it is, the more the price jumps but not everything that's A grade is super expensive. A vendor used to send me Jade freebies back in the day so I think they can source things for lower prices too.

Thick looks great on you!!! Time for more fatty bangles!!!! =p

Funny I was just about to tag you to ask you about your bangle. What size did you opt for?

Hi @mellowyellowgirl it’s a 54mm. I bought the same size you gifted me to be sure it would fit me, but I’m wondering if I could fit a smaller size. This one has a flat inside edge, is that a princess cut? Rather than the round inner edge. I might be getting better at removing them now as it slipped on much easier than the other bangle.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @mellowyellowgirl it’s a 54mm. I bought the same size you gifted me to be sure it would fit me, but I’m wondering if I could fit a smaller size. This one has a flat inside edge, is that a princess cut? Rather than the round inner edge. I might be getting better at removing them now as it slipped on much easier than the other bangle.

You can do a 53!!! Or even a 52!

So I've been told (and I've also tested it out) that princess bangles feel bigger than D shape bangles.

The one I gifted you is princess and this one is D shaped.

So the princess one should be bigger. Unless I remembered wrong and it's actually a 53mm. Hmmm let me try to dig for paperwork over that next few days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results