shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl If you can, try to go for better “type” not just color. You will appreciate that more with time I think. If you have not gotten a jadeite that “glows”, maybe get one to try. It’s a different quality altogether. Personally I really love jadeite that have the glow.

Do you mean the jelly texture?

Jelly so expensive and always grey **wails**

I think my issue is I needs colour but colour that glows is out of the budget. I would love one in my cab but would need to sell organs for that.

Do post examples though if you find any!!!! I'm ready for that next step of looking *rubs hands with glee*

Education never hurts right?!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl

Jelly or icy… not just the solid looking bangles… and they don’t always look gray!

Like my avatar type. I mean i think you don’t need 10 or 20 bangles. Just the one or two that you thoroughly love. And if you have seen the glowy ones… honestly there is no comparison

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
Cheap bangle I got off eBay to see what is the smallest size I can squeeze into. Looks like it's 64mm *cries in meaty fat hands*

The jade from mats_alice definitely seems higher quality.
IMG_20210621_194829603.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheap bangle I got off eBay to see what is the smallest size I can squeeze into. Looks like it's 64mm *cries in meaty fat hands*

The jade from mats_alice definitely seems higher quality.
IMG_20210621_194829603.jpg

I love the first one at the front!!! The chubby one with the carving. That looks great on you!!! What size is it?

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
I love the first one at the front!!! The chubby one with the carving. That looks great on you!!! What size is it?

That's a 65mm and the more recent one I got off eBay. I can barely get it on without soap so I'm thinking 64mm with soap may work. I got a purple/green one but it's a 63mm and refuses to fit. Of course it had to be the lavender one!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a 65mm and the more recent one I got off eBay. I can barely get it on without soap so I'm thinking 64mm with soap may work. I got a purple/green one but it's a 63mm and refuses to fit. Of course it had to be the lavender one!

Oh please post a pic for me and keep trying!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone tell me about mine? I know, I know, I'm sure it's worth less than the $40 I paid for it at the flea market, and I apologize for offending your eyes with it, but: Is this actually jade? What kind? What would you call this color--just white? The nice lady who sold it to me said it was vintage jade. I like its simplicity and the way it feels on my wrist. It's 57 mm (if I'm measuring right), and it goes on my left hand fairly easily without soap, but not my right hand. (So I guess that means my true size is somewhat smaller--how much smaller?)

IMG_4506.jpg IMG_4509.jpg IMG_4527.jpg IMG_4529.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock

The first one I purchased this year was a 65mm Canadian nephrite bangle on sale. I was barely able to get 63mm on without lotion or soap, but was able to get 57mm on my left and 58-59mm on my right hand with lotion/soap. I think the temperature affects how swollen my fingers and hand are, and once you try with soap, the difference will be more than 1mm! But yes, I generally had the same woes as you, having to search for a larger size.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone tell me about mine? I know, I know, I'm sure it's worth less than the $40 I paid for it at the flea market, and I apologize for offending your eyes with it, but: Is this actually jade? What kind? What would you call this color--just white? The nice lady who sold it to me said it was vintage jade. I like its simplicity and the way it feels on my wrist. It's 57 mm (if I'm measuring right), and it goes on my left hand fairly easily without soap, but not my right hand. (So I guess that means my true size is somewhat smaller--how much smaller?)

IMG_4506.jpg IMG_4509.jpg IMG_4527.jpg IMG_4529.jpg

You can't tell simply with pictures. "Natural jade" or "vintage jade" is easy to come by if it's treated. What I do is generally drag the sharp tip of a pair of scissors across the inside to see if it leaves a mark. For type A jade, there should be no mark*, and a relatively crisp sound. But, I'm aware my method may end up damaging cheap treated jade. The way the labs do it is tho check the refractive index, but you need a very precise setup to do that.

*Stainless steel is Mohs 5.5-6, and should not leave a mark on nephrite (6-6.8) or jadeite (6.5-7). Polymers used in treated jade will be softer and will scratch.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
You can't tell simply with pictures. "Natural jade" or "vintage jade" is easy to come by if it's treated. What I do is generally drag the sharp tip of a pair of scissors across the inside to see if it leaves a mark. For type A jade, there should be no mark*, and a relatively crisp sound. But, I'm aware my method may end up damaging cheap treated jade. The way the labs do it is tho check the refractive index, but you need a very precise setup to do that.

*Stainless steel is Mohs 5.5-6, and should not leave a mark on nephrite (6-6.8) or jadeite (6.5-7). Polymers used in treated jade will be softer and will scratch.

Thank you, Voce!

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
The first one I purchased this year was a 65mm Canadian nephrite bangle on sale. I was barely able to get 63mm on without lotion or soap, but was able to get 57mm on my left and 58-59mm on my right hand with lotion/soap. I think the temperature affects how swollen my fingers and hand are, and once you try with soap, the difference will be more than 1mm! But yes, I generally had the same woes as you, having to search for a larger size.

Wow! Thanks for the insight @voce! That is impressive with the difference of 8mm! It definitely opens up a world of bangles under 60mm. You're right about the temperature, it's a cooler day today in TX and so I ran my left hand under cold water, soaped it up and managed to barely fit the 63mm. Ta-da!

My knuckles may or may not like me right now.

@mellowyellowgirl here's the lavender that I squeezed into.

IMG_20210622_150107167.jpg IMG_20210622_150559908.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thanks for the insight @voce! That is impressive with the difference of 8mm! It definitely opens up a world of bangles under 60mm. You're right about the temperature, it's a cooler day today in TX and so I ran my left hand under cold water, soaped it up and managed to barely fit the 63mm. Ta-da!

My knuckles may or may not like me right now.

@mellowyellowgirl here's the lavender that I squeezed into.

IMG_20210622_150107167.jpg IMG_20210622_150559908.jpg

Wow!
Is that litterly carved from a two toned rock ?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
This is too small right?

Attachments

• 20210623_175040.jpg
    20210623_175040.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 21

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought a cheap and cheerful bangle from EBay for fun. It’s supposed to be authentic Burmese jade from a seller in Thailand, it’s due to arrive sometime next week, cross fingers!
They have good feedback so I hope it’s ok, but didn’t cost a lot so I thought I would chance it.

The sellers name is Jadeburi and they stock larger sized bangles if anyone else is interested.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a cheap and cheerful bangle from EBay for fun. It’s supposed to be authentic Burmese jade from a seller in Thailand, it’s due to arrive sometime next week, cross fingers!
They have good feedback so I hope it’s ok, but didn’t cost a lot so I thought I would chance it.

The sellers name is Jadeburi and they stock larger sized bangles if anyone else is interested.

Hehe caught the bangle bug have you!!!!???

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hehe caught the bangle bug have you!!!!???

Hmmm...maybe...I’ve been lurking this thread forever! Haha..
I finally summoned all my courage and managed to remove the bangle you gifted me as a test run. Just a few bruises but it wasn’t too bad!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl
Yeap normally size 55. The fat oval is 16cm long, so that's a size 51/52 D round? It's 55.5 x48mm.

Last edited:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Ooh you might fit! You're not a real 55 right? More like me and just wearing big bangles?

I think my hands must be bigger than yours and my bones aren't as flexible. After seeing the bangle, I've given up on guifei.
Also you're right, ice type jade even harder to buy than colour jade. Will need to have a return policy and bear the risk of sending the bangle back and forth.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my hands must be bigger than yours and my bones aren't as flexible. After seeing the bangle, I've given up on guifei.
Also you're right, ice type jade even harder to buy than colour jade. Will need to have a return policy and bear the risk of sending the bangle back and forth.

I think the one like @icy_jade posted is reasonably easy to buy. I'd probably only check for greyness.

I find that texture, with colour very hard to deal with. The colours I like are not affordable in that texture. And then you're not sure what the colour is!!!

Bummer did it cost you a lot? Or is that a vendor pic?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I think the one like @icy_jade posted is reasonably easy to buy. I'd probably only check for greyness.

I find that texture, with colour very hard to deal with. The colours I like are not affordable in that texture. And then you're not sure what the colour is!!!

I agree with you on this mellow.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

No this is an eBay cheapie didn't cost a lot. I'm just reading more and more and it's definitely not easy to buy.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems I'll take a photo of my 52 in my palm for you tomorrow.

I think you can get that oval on!

I am putting my 55 on and off my right hand every night without soap or a bag! I think I've nailed it! By summer it should be flexible enough even with the hotter weather!

A few weeks ago I could not get it on even with a bag!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results