shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl
Size difference. 55.5mm d round versus 55.5mm x 48mm oval.

I see why oval costs less and value for money (if one can fit into it). It'll definitely use less material than a round.
20210625_193507.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Today is a dull grey rainy summer day. I am wearing these two. I am a colour colour person.

Ignore the fingernails. I have been gardening. ...yeah, in all my jadeite. Because I can.

1624615377446.png
1624615403912.png
1624615421943.png
1624615440529.png

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@ChaiK
Wow those colours! I love your collection, I remember your streak of green on white bangles, those are among my favourites. Do post more photos again when you have time.

@Silvermom has a great collection too. Love the latest green and purple bangles in the other thread.

Colour is expensive.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
@ChaiK
Wow those colours! I love your collection, I remember your streak of green on white bangles, those are among my favourites. Do post more photos again when you have time.

@Silvermom has a great collection too. Love the latest green and purple bangles in the other thread.

Colour is expensive.

Thank you Loving. It's so much fun to see everyones collection. Every piece of jade is different so I never get bored. ❤️

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh fellow jadies... I think I can actually squeeze into a 56… just measured this black and it’s 56.5 and I got it on without too much difficulty

DE0D68FD-95FA-4EB5-B9F8-0EBB39EBBFBF.jpeg

But! U can see it’s like the length of my wrist so even if I can squeeze into smaller bangles, it won’t be comfy to wear.

So on the bright side, weight loss is working and I can squeeze into smaller bangles… on the other hand, wrist measurement not keeping up with hand size reduction so I’m still stuck at 57 or above bangles.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh fellow jadies... I think I can actually squeeze into a 56… just measured this black and it’s 56.5 and I got it on without too much difficulty

DE0D68FD-95FA-4EB5-B9F8-0EBB39EBBFBF.jpeg

But! U can see it’s like the length of my wrist so even if I can squeeze into smaller bangles, it won’t be comfy to wear.

So on the bright side, weight loss is working and I can squeeze into smaller bangles… on the other hand, wrist measurement not keeping up with hand size reduction so I’m still stuck at 57 or above bangles.

CONGRATULATIONS Icy!!!!!! So happy for you. Wooo Hoooo.....AWESOME!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
51.9 D yes. But that's a round

Too small huh?

Well… yeah typically u add 1 mm to round for D right

Like 52 round can fit 53 D shape. Unless you can fit 50 round/51D, then maybe have chance but I would still ask the seller what is the “norm” for oval fit.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well… yeah typically u add 1 mm to round for D right

Like 52 round can fit 53 D shape. Unless you can fit 50 round/51D, then maybe have chance but I would still ask the seller what is the “norm” for oval fit.

Wait I'm confused! D is not oval right? It's the flat one?

I can fit a 51.9 D, 15.6 band thickness, circular shape.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of bangles! I was so upset about cracking my old minty green, I bought a replacement.

It's like my favorite shade of green, I just couldn't not own an undamaged one so I found this one.

This is a 53.3. Comes on and off easily with no help.

PXL_20210629_070643759.jpg PXL_20210629_035757800.jpg PXL_20210629_035708697.jpg PXL_20210629_035542256.jpg PXL_20210629_020641918.jpg PXL_20210629_004921390.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
When I use D I was referring to the shape of the inner rim being flat vs princess?

The cross section looks like a D vs O?

Another one! Wow I thought u said u were not buying. I’ve had no luck. So being good, sort of. I mean buy other things but not jade ha.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I use D I was referring to the shape of the inner rim being flat vs princess?

The cross section looks like a D vs O?

Another one! Wow I thought u said u were not buying. I’ve had no luck. So being good, sort of. I mean buy other things but not jade ha.

Yes it's flat!

I'm a bad girl. A very bad girl!!!

I've given up on non buying vows!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I would say don’t risk it. Could be a really tough fit. No point getting a really small bangle that may not fit and also maybe also hedge a bit for potential weight gain (cos life happens) that may render small bangles useless.

Yeah I like to take them on and off as well.

Plus you're a risk taker when it comes to fit so if you're bailing, it can't be good!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I like to take them on and off as well.

Plus you're a risk taker when it comes to fit so if you're bailing, it can't be good!

Lol, am not a risk taker, I just sort of know how much I can squash my hand and also what a good fitting bangle is supposed to look like. It helps that most of my bangles are bought in person so the seller can help me squeeze my hand in too. Tbh I’ve never had bad bruises from bangle wearing so think I’m not a risk taker at all.

But who knows if I will get fat during menopause so I will not get bangles that are extremely fitting now in case I cannot wear them next time. I mean, for rings you can at least resize right.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, am not a risk taker, I just sort of know how much I can squash my hand and also what a good fitting bangle is supposed to look like. It helps that most of my bangles are bought in person so the seller can help me squeeze my hand in too. Tbh I’ve never had bad bruises from bangle wearing so think I’m not a risk taker at all.

But who knows if I will get fat during menopause so I will not get bangles that are extremely fitting now in case I cannot wear them next time. I mean, for rings you can at least resize right.

I've been getting cocky because I can move the 51.9 on and off without soap (bag yes but no soap).

My other extreme was wearing large 55s lol

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I've been getting cocky because I can move the 51.9 on and off without soap (bag yes but no soap).

My other extreme was wearing large 55s lol

Do you still enjoy wearing the 55s? I mean from a size perspective

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you still enjoy wearing the 55s? I mean from a size perspective

51.9 is the prettiest fit.

But I don't mind the others because I love their colours and there is a charm to just being able to slip them on and off.

I probably will stick to 53 or 52 from now on though unless it was a freaky cheap 55 in the right color.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried on an oval @icy_jade

Is it very hard to wedge on?

No, sadly no ovals in bigger sizes

Think it’s probably ok to put on so long as the size is big enough? Could be more comfy to wear since oval may fit the wrist better

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I tried putting on the oval, use hand wash foam and baggie, couldn't fit it over my little finger knuckle, it got stuck there. Didn't use excess force though. I figure if I couldn't put it on pretty easily even with the additional help the bangle is too small for me. I'm striking ovals off my list.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of bangles! I was so upset about cracking my old minty green, I bought a replacement.

It's like my favorite shade of green, I just couldn't not own an undamaged one so I found this one.

This is a 53.3. Comes on and off easily with no help.

PXL_20210629_070643759.jpg PXL_20210629_035757800.jpg PXL_20210629_035708697.jpg PXL_20210629_035542256.jpg PXL_20210629_020641918.jpg PXL_20210629_004921390.jpg

@mellowyellowgirl

Do you like Tiffany blue? I love your new bangle. They say for princess you can wear 1 to 2 sizes smaller than D shapes.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried putting on the oval, use hand wash foam and baggie, couldn't fit it over my little finger knuckle, it got stuck there. Didn't use excess force though. I figure if I couldn't put it on pretty easily even with the additional help the bangle is too small for me. I'm striking ovals off my list.

Ahh well that's put me right off ovals!!!

I went and rechecked your posts and I don't think yours was even tiny like the one I'm considering.

Have you seen the Instagram bangle lady? She must be tiny. She can put on ANY size. Like seriously tiny stuff!

Yes I do like Tiffany Blue! Not a huge fan of normal blues but I like Tiffany Blue and my zircon blue!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Ahh well that's put me right off ovals!!!

I went and rechecked your posts and I don't think yours was even tiny like the one I'm considering.

Have you seen the Instagram bangle lady? She must be tiny. She can put on ANY size. Like seriously tiny stuff!

Yes I do like Tiffany Blue! Not a huge fan of normal blues but I like Tiffany Blue and my zircon blue!

I haven't see the Insta bangle lady, I'm not surprised, there are a lot of Asian ladies with bird-like bone structure.
Yeah my oval Is not that small 55.5 x 48, the short side really makes it difficult to put on.
I was going to say I saw a really nice full minty green/blue bangle, 糯化, small amount of 棉 (lighter toned than Tiffany blue), but then I saw the price, it's not cheap, like 8k.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results