shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade I think I have trained my right hand! It can now take a 55 on and off without any bag! A fortnight ago it would not bend enough to slip on a 55 with a bag!

I want to wear two bangles *wails*

So sad *wails*

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
That's adorable!!!! Love the touch of pink on it!

You're sooooo good! I want ALL the bangles!!!

OMG I wish I hadn't started!!!!

That’s cos I buy a million other things, have big hands, like icy jadeite, like solid colors, like round princess bangles… which makes the bangles that I do like way too pricey for mere mortals like me to wear

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade I think I have trained my right hand! It can now take a 55 on and off without any bag! A fortnight ago it would not bend enough to slip on a 55 with a bag!

I want to wear two bangles *wails*

So sad *wails*

On the other bag forum that I’m on, some of the other ladies stack bangles on the same hand with aplomb… maybe you can consider stacking instead?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s cos I buy a million other things, have big hands, like icy jadeite, like solid colors, like round princess bangles… which makes the bangles that I do like way too pricey for mere mortals like me to wear

You sound like my son! He's always whining that my bangles are not solid green.

And I'm like "Go make a tonne of money when you grow up and buy mummy a solid green or stop complaining!!!"

Oddly enough he insists on inheriting my purple even though I want to leave it to Lil Sis! He loves the purple!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

And I'm like "Go make a tonne of money when you grow up and buy mummy a solid green or stop complaining!!!"

Oddly enough he insists on inheriting my purple even though I want to leave it to Lil Sis! He loves the purple!

Lol. Ya it’s a solid color problem. I only like solid colors. What floating colors, snowflakes or whatever nice sounding name… nooooo I just like a solid color… it extends to my wardrobe too. I’m not a patterns print person at all.

Wah ha thankfully my kids are not complaining about my bling (yet). I can imagine my daughter being totally brutal about it.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Are you into blue bangle?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you into blue bangle?

No! That's one colour I don't need to worry about.

Did you know I gave all my blue sapphires to my sister

Do you need solid ice or it can just be solid and then an icy one separately?

I'm so excited to see what you'll buy!!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
No! That's one colour I don't need to worry about.

Did you know I gave all my blue sapphires to my sister

Do you need solid ice or it can just be solid and then an icy one separately?

I'm so excited to see what you'll buy!!!!!

I think both in one makes more sense. I only wear one bangle at a time. So save up for one would do. Then again if it’s a solid color that I like, I’ll be willing to go with a lower jadeite type. Must be fated I guess…

voce

Ideal_Rock
@voce are you addicted yet???

I think she is *grin*

Affirmative. I bought the cheapies to test if I can wear smaller sizes as well as add a touch more green to my collection. I'm not ready yet to spend a lot per bangle until I get all my paraibas set into rings. But, I can tell you I have about 9 pages of jade items I've added to my favorites list.

I don't think I can wear 56mm and still be able to take it off. Comfortable with 57mm on left hand.

I put on a 58mm on my right hand, and now I'm unable to take it off even with soap in the shower. What to do? How do you train your right hand to be more flexible when it comes to taking bangles OFF?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Affirmative. I bought the cheapies to test if I can wear smaller sizes as well as add a touch more green to my collection. I'm not ready yet to spend a lot per bangle until I get all my paraibas set into rings. But, I can tell you I have about 9 pages of jade items I've added to my favorites list.

I don't think I can wear 56mm and still be able to take it off. Comfortable with 57mm on left hand.

I put on a 58mm on my right hand, and now I'm unable to take it off even with soap in the shower. What to do? How do you train your right hand to be more flexible when it comes to taking bangles OFF?

Ok if it can be worn, it can be taken out… 3 things I’ll recommend
1. First of all, not in the shower. Soap up your hand and then do it over your bed or over a carpeted floor. In the shower if your hand slips then there goes the bangle. Safer on a soft surface and gives you more confidence to pull harder too.
2. Easier if your hands are cold. Shrinkage… so cool down your hands with cold air, water or whatever.
3. Relax… cannot emphasize that enough. When you are tense, your hands are stiffer and it’s harder to wear/take out your bangle. You may have to consciously relax your hands but once you do, it should be easier.

If it helps, look at my pig Trotter hands pic stuffed in that ridiculously small looking bangle. It can be done!! Jia you!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Ok if it can be worn, it can be taken out… 3 things I’ll recommend
1. First of all, not in the shower. Soap up your hand and then do it over your bed or over a carpeted floor. In the shower if your hand slips then there goes the bangle. Safer on a soft surface and gives you more confidence to pull harder too.
2. Easier if your hands are cold. Shrinkage… so cool down your hands with cold air, water or whatever.
3. Relax… cannot emphasize that enough. When you are tense, your hands are stiffer and it’s harder to wear/take out your bangle. You may have to consciously relax your hands but once you do, it should be easier.

If it helps, look at my pig Trotter hands pic stuffed in that ridiculously small looking bangle. It can be done!! Jia you!

Thanks. That was really solid advice! I was able to get it off finally with enough soap. I don't think your hands are like pig trotters at all, but I thought that's what my hand looked like when I was trying to get it off LOL.

I thought my hand may have swollen up a little bit from yesterday morning when I put the bangle on using lotion because a) we're having a heat wave in CA, and b) I'm having my period.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I was watching an oval wearing demonstration and the comments freaked me out, not sure if I'm going to try the oval on now. o_O
I measured and if I want to wear it slightly higher like 1/3 of the way up I'll need a size 48, size 53 to 55 will still fit near the middle. I think I'll stick to size 55 cause there's no point trying to squeeze into a slightly smaller one (unless it's really good value).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems what footage are you watching lol

What were the comments?

I love a good oval with a clasp but yes, Jade oval seems a bit scary

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I’m mentally wondering how much weight I need to lose to go down to 56mm bangles

Sigh so envious of you ladies with smaller hands!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at us all trying to wedge on smaller bangles in the interests of saving money for more bangles!!!

Love you guys!!!! Oh the adventures we get up to :D

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Look at us all trying to wedge on smaller bangles in the interests of saving money for more bangles!!!

Love you guys!!!! Oh the adventures we get up to :D

Are smaller bangles really less expensive? I didn't realize that.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I see prettier ones at better prices, but they're like size 52 or less.

My hands were the same size at 10kg heavier so don't think it'll make much of a difference.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Loving, just curious.... Do you know how much less a 52 the same quality and color would be from say a 57 or above?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Weekend in a cold climate
All my rings are falling off me today
even a pearl necklase that has never been on because its not long eniugh fits today !

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Can you get blue jade?

And btw your hands do not look like pigs trotters but that did make me laugh

Still looking for one that I can fit into and can afford. 53 and below are SUPER easy to find, sigh

Like this

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still looking for one that I can fit into and can afford. 53 and below are SUPER easy to find, sigh

Like this

Hmmmmmm
now i want some !

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@Silvermom
I was looking at a size 51 vs 53 similar quality, price was 50% more for the size 53. I would think the gap between <52 vs 57 will be even more.
It's really good that you already have a nice collection, must see more photos.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!!! That's it ladies!!!! No more 54-55 for me from now on!!!

I was vaguely aware that it was cheaper. I didn't realise it was THAT much cheaper!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl
Yes have a look at your desired colour and quality again at 52mm, you should be able to buy one for quite a bit cheaper. I'm full of envy right now.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Whoa!!! That's it ladies!!!! No more 54-55 for me from now on!!!

I was vaguely aware that it was cheaper. I didn't realise it was THAT much cheaper!

@mellowyellowgirl If you can, try to go for better “type” not just color. You will appreciate that more with time I think. If you have not gotten a jadeite that “glows”, maybe get one to try. It’s a different quality altogether. Personally I really love jadeite that have the glow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results