shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Yaaaaay @fatpanda
Do you like wearing it? Can't wait to see all of them!!!!

@voce haha my seller was baffled when she saw my wrist gaps. She was like: Why did you buy all these bangles that are too big for you???

I do like being able to take them on and off easily because I change them so much. But I'm braver buying smaller sizes now when a bargain comes up.

I haven't tried a concubine shaped Bangle though. I've been warned that are much smaller than the rounds so need to be careful with measurements.

@Silvermom no hong Kong lab for Livestream guy. He runs a more basic operation so can't send it to the lab.

This is my favorite ring from him. It was a bargain. 5mm thick for the heart!!!

PXL_20201024_001751357.jpg

Mellow, I am confused about the lab that you said you sent your four bangles to in Hong Kong. Was it the Hong Kong Jade and Stone Lab located in Hong Kong or another one or one in China? Did livestream guy send it for you? Were the four bangles from livestream guy? LOL .....sorry I am kinda slow on the uptake sometimes. BTW your bangles are Beautiful. If I can ever figure out how to do livestream guy, I am going to be very happy indeed. Your ring is so unique. I really love it.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Silvermom bangles are from the vendor I posted on page 1. That's the QR code I posted for WeChat. Not from Livestream. They sent the bangles to the Hong Kong lab. It is the same lab that you used for your beads.

Most other things were from Livestream guy. China lab only. No Hong Kong certificate. But I haven't bought from him in ages so can't comment on what goes on these days.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
@Silvermom bangles are from the vendor I posted on page 1. That's the QR code I posted for WeChat. Not from Livestream. They sent the bangles to the Hong Kong lab. It is the same lab that you used for your beads.

Most other things were from Livestream guy. China lab only. No Hong Kong certificate. But I haven't bought from him in ages so can't comment on what goes on these days.

Oh thank you so much for clarifying Mellow. I tried to figure out the QR code thing for WeChat and was not successful. Is that where the two beautiful bangles that Icy posted came from. They were so gorgeous. You guys are so up on how to get great jade pieces.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, Opinions please.......so I just found out that the silk thread they string the jade beads on have a tendency to deteriorate after a while. I am a person that hates to have to worry about things like that so I was thinking of stringing it together like I did my nephrite bead bracelet. Do you think it would detract away from the beads and look too busy or do you think it would be ok. I will post a picture of my nephrite bead bracelet and my jadeite beads. Would you deal with having to change the string every so often or do you think the link look looks nice? Thanks so much for your opinions my jade buds. P1020363.JPG

And here is how it looks now on the silk thread.
fullsizeoutput_3124.jpeg
Thank you much. My jeweler said that it would look ugly with the links.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like it without bead caps. Can your jeweller restring the necklace every few years?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade @Silvermom

Do you know if there's any difference in pricing between a princess and the d shape?

I probably prefer the princess a bit more myself but do love a FAT D shape. Must be fat though!

What about ovals? Anyone tried an oval? I dunno why but they make me balk. Maybe because I feel like I don't know if they'll fit!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
@icy_jade @Silvermom

Do you know if there's any difference in pricing between a princess and the d shape?

I probably prefer the princess a bit more myself but do love a FAT D shape. Must be fat though!

What about ovals? Anyone tried an oval? I dunno why but they make me balk. Maybe because I feel like I don't know if they'll fit!

Hi Mellow, My jeweler said that princess rounds are more expensive because it takes more jade to carve that shape. In olden days most bangles were made in princess rounds. I myself prefer the princess because they are so comfortable. I have rounds, D shapes, and ovals. The oval is hard for me to put on and take off if you get it too small.
This Edwards Black Nephrite bangle is a very fat modified princess round. It is one of the bangle that I love and feel secure wearing because it is very strong. It was made so that just a very small part of the inside was flattened. I still think though that the real princess round is the most comfortable one of all my bangles so that would be my preference.

fullsizeoutput_127.jpeg

Last edited:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl they have a name for the really fat D shape, pond loach. I bought a cheap oval from eBay, 55.5mm x 48mm to try because there's a nice ice one that I really like. Coming in a week or 2, if you want to try it later I can just send it over. I think it's around a size 53mm in d shape. I'm a bit scare to try it on though...

Hope all you lovely ladies are well.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl they have a name for the really fat D shape, pond loach. I bought a cheap oval from eBay, 55.5mm x 48mm to try because there's a nice ice one that I really like. Coming in a week or 2, if you want to try it later I can just send it over. I think it's around a size 53mm in d shape. I'm a bit scare to try it on though...

Hope all you lovely ladies are well.

Omg how exciting!!!!! You must post pics here when you get it and try it on!!!

Haha yes I know how you feel about trying on tight bangles.

I think I've mentioned before that when the 51.9 arrived, I adored it's shape and colour but completely and utterly balked at the size. It looked like a toy!!!! I was like "Maybe I'll just put this into storage. It can be part of the collection. I'll just admire it."

Apparently it's good to keep your hand bones flexible if you don't actually suffer from any condition like arthritis. So it's good to squeeze in and out of the bangles and keep that flexibility going!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I think the eBay one is dyed jade. So I'm scared that I won't be able to take it off easily. I have fat palms. Will have to look up the bag method.

You're very brave wearing a size 52 if 55 was usual size!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg how exciting!!!!! You must post pics here when you get it and try it on!!!

Haha yes I know how you feel about trying on tight bangles.

I think I've mentioned before that when the 51.9 arrived, I adored it's shape and colour but completely and utterly balked at the size. It looked like a toy!!!! I was like "Maybe I'll just put this into storage. It can be part of the collection. I'll just admire it."

Apparently it's good to keep your hand bones flexible if you don't actually suffer from any condition like arthritis. So it's good to squeeze in and out of the bangles and keep that flexibility going!!!

I wish this flexibility exercises worked on rings that are too small and can't be sized

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl for the wechat seller, how much do you bargain? If yes, any ballpark % off that you suggest to aim for?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl for the wechat seller, how much do you bargain? If yes, any ballpark % off that you suggest to aim for?

I seriously barely get anything off!!! Like 200rmb off on the lower priced bangles and 500rmb on the ones that cost a little bit more.

If you work out how to get a better price I want to know!!! I barely get anything and I've bought 4 bangles off them! They're very firm on price with me!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the eBay one is dyed jade. So I'm scared that I won't be able to take it off easily. I have fat palms. Will have to look up the bag method.

You're very brave wearing a size 52 if 55 was usual size!

Apparently I've been wearing the wrong size bangles!!!! My vendor says everything I've bought at the beginning is too big!!!

I do like some to take on and off without bags or soap though. I sent them a picture of my arm with my 54-55 bangle and she was like "That's the wrong size. Too big."

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I seriously barely get anything off!!! Like 200rmb off on the lower priced bangles and 500rmb on the ones that cost a little bit more.

If you work out how to get a better price I want to know!!! I barely get anything and I've bought 4 bangles off them! They're very firm on price with me!

Hmm ok sounds tough. But yeah haven’t seen anything I like so far that I can afford and want to pay. Ok not a bangle but have you seen my new cutie?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm ok sounds tough. But yeah haven’t seen anything I like so far that I can afford and want to pay. Ok not a bangle but have you seen my new cutie?

D67551EC-0DF6-4BD9-AFA2-3F803926FC07.jpeg

That's adorable!!!! Love the touch of pink on it!

You're sooooo good! I want ALL the bangles!!!

OMG I wish I hadn't started!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results