shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Are you willing to go down in certain attributes or are you at an impasse @icy_jade

Haha I'm only wearing two on dates with my husband, friends or sister now. That crack was a big lesson.

Definitely down some attributes, since am not comfortable wearing bangles that cost that much.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Maybe cos you use your right hand more? So it could be a bit bigger than your left as well.

I don’t dare to risk wearing stuff on my right hand cos I’m such a klutz and will surely bang on things.

For this seller can ask for cert at HK lab right? I don’t need many! Just one purple and one blue one!

But I’ve been buying all sorts of rubbish and feel broke now arghhh. Like this recent one:
13530B1E-3F6A-4989-8792-9D85EF27CC34.jpeg

I LOVE this! How can this be rubbish? YUMMY!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl

Omg the stuff they have are so beautiful!

Saw two bangles of my dreams that I can fit but cannot bring myself to buy as I’ve set a mental budget limit for how much I can bear to spend on a bangle that I will wear and possibly break... but just to share beauties:
30E4434C-7BA9-480B-942E-465E21E120B9.jpeg 9F0DC78B-58E8-4FC3-BFE8-76EB961C2088.jpeg

WOW WOW WOWZA......Can you please tell me how much these were going for? Also, do you think they would look different in person?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pssst how's the search going?

I'm on a buying ban so wanting to perve on people's stuff!
Am not very serious about it right now. If I see the one then ok, if not I just enjoy the eye candy.

I LOVE this! How can this be rubbish? YUMMY!
Thanks but yeah, just something for fun cos I’ve always liked flower inspired pieces.

WOW WOW WOWZA......Can you please tell me how much these were going for? Also, do you think they would look different in person?
More than 10k, and irl I’m guessing the colors will be less intense and the texture maybe not as fine? But since haven’t gotten from this seller, will have to ask @mellowyellowgirl what she thinks.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Am not very serious about it right now. If I see the one then ok, if not I just enjoy the eye candy.

Thanks but yeah, just something for fun cos I’ve always liked flower inspired pieces.

More than 10k, and irl I’m guessing the colors will be less intense and the texture maybe not as fine? But since haven’t gotten from this seller, will have to ask @mellowyellowgirl what she thinks.

I figured it would be like more than 10K. In fact I was thinking if it were real it would be in the $100,000's. Was it under 20K? That is really very very very cheap. I am very curious to find out how much this type of bangle sells for .

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

I too love flower inspired pieces. Very lovely.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I figured it would be like more than 10K. In fact I was thinking if it were real it would be in the $100,000's. Was it under 20K? That is really very very very cheap. I am very curious to find out how much this type of bangle sells for .

Yes under 20k. That’s why earlier I asked re HK lab certification

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

That is almost a too good to be true price for that. Be sure to get a HK lab cert from a reliable lab. If you ask me it is as almost as nice as the Hutton bead necklace that went for like 27 million. Although the Hutton necklace was a lot icier. I like the color of this green and lavender bangles a lot. In your opinion would this be considered glutinous? So beautiful. Seriously, if this is real you should get it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is almost a too good to be true price for that. Be sure to get a HK lab cert from a reliable lab. If you ask me it is as almost as nice as the Hutton bead necklace that went for like 27 million. Although the Hutton necklace was a lot icier. I like the color of this green and lavender bangles a lot. In your opinion would this be considered glutinous? So beautiful. Seriously, if this is real you should get it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

It will be less intense than that. There will be some lighting where it looks like that but most likely it'll be less vivid.

That said, the photos vary from vendor to vendor!!! It's really hard buying on the internet!

There's also a thing where after you buy a few, you recognize how their lighting works so you predict the colour a bit better.

They get a report from the same lab that you use Silvermom! That's why I'm such a fan of the reports!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
It will be less intense than that. There will be some lighting where it looks like that but most likely it'll be less vivid.

That said, the photos vary from vendor to vendor!!! It's really hard buying on the internet!

There's also a thing where after you buy a few, you recognize how their lighting works so you predict the colour a bit better.

They get a report from the same lab that you use Silvermom! That's why I'm such a fan of the reports
Wow Mellow, that is AWESOME! I know what you mean about lighting. Jade is so tricky. Like the pictures I posted this morning with the morning light shining on my green bead necklace. The direct light made my beads look so much lighter than they actually are. Later in the day when I took additional pictures of the beads showing that the bracelet and necklace could connect together the lighting was not shining directly on the beads so it's actual color came out much better. I guess that is why we are so fascinated with this stone. It changes too much for us to get bored of it.

Icy, you definitely should get it! The reason why is because when I look at Koojade on Ebay, their things are not even as nice but going for so much more. Here are a couple of examples....
Even if you bought them at $20,000 you could sell them for $100,000 and still make a profit.
So don't feel bad if you have to spend a lot. You will make it back in spades.

fullsizeoutput_3126.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3127.jpeg

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Imo don’t think it’s as nice as you can see the unevenness in color of the bangles, and it’s not imperial jade color.

Plus... am really buying to wear and not as an investment and it won’t give me pleasure wearing such an expensive bangle that I’m constantly worrying over

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

They get a report from the same lab that you use Silvermom! That's why I'm such a fan of the reports!

Mellow, have you ever heard of this person called Jasmine Jadeite? I was considering buying from her once but when I asked about certification she kinda was confusing so I didn't want to chance it. Do you think she is reputable and do you think her pieces are true to what she says they are?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

Here are examples of my beads in different lighting. The first picture was taken in intense direct morning sunlight. fullsizeoutput_311b.jpeg
The next two are taken mid morning when the sun was not shining right on the pieces. The real color of my beads are more like these two pictures below.

fullsizeoutput_3124.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3125.jpeg

I think I would be a nervous wreck if I couldn't be sure of what the real color of a piece would be until I got them so that is why I only buy from my jeweler whose jades I can see in person. LOL no guts.

I do though think the two bangles that Icy showed are exceptional and worth way more than $20,000.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I’ve no doubt that the bangles will be sold for a whole lot more if I buy retail in Singapore. But it’s always about how many hands it passes through right? Just like buying colored stones from near source vs say the North American market...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Added some close up to illustrate what I mean by unevenness in color

Since this is a photo taken in best light, I’m guessing that irl the unevenness will be more obvious.

Also, would expect color to be less intense since both greens and purples generally photograph well.

808BBB7D-D353-41F3-AB7C-ACBAFC2B675B.png B1651A91-F211-44EF-AB7E-4224DC1CE6BE.png

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I’ve no doubt that the bangles will be sold for a whole lot more if I buy retail in Singapore. But it’s always about how many hands it passes through right? Just like buying colored stones from near source vs say the North American market...

Oh, I get what you are saying now. I see lots of really pretty pieces on facebook but would love to see how they really look in person. It is amazing though to me that the price could go up a couple of hundred thousands. No matter how many less hands they passed.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Added some close up to illustrate what I mean by unevenness in color

Since this is a photo taken in best light, I’m guessing that irl the unevenness will be more obvious.

Also, would expect color to be less intense since both greens and purples generally photograph well.

808BBB7D-D353-41F3-AB7C-ACBAFC2B675B.png B1651A91-F211-44EF-AB7E-4224DC1CE6BE.png

STILL....looks pretty good to me. I would be very very happy with either. Thank you so much icy for taking the time to explain. You are the best!

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
This is my remaining unbroken nephrite bangle, which I believe is Hetian. I can't believe I got it on using lotion! It's 57mm inner diameter, and I'm usually wearing 62-63mm without lotion.
PXL_20210607_062150380.jpg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
This is my remaining unbroken nephrite bangle, which I believe is Hetian. I can't believe I got it on using lotion! It's 57mm inner diameter, and I'm usually wearing 62-63mm without lotion.

SO GORGEOUS!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Then 62-63 is too big for you. In fact if you use lotion, then you can go smaller using soap in my experience. Go smaller is better!!! Much more choices. 56mm is GREAT. So many bangles that size. Bangles are not supposed to be worn loosely, according to all the sellers I checked with.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mellow, have you ever heard of this person called Jasmine Jadeite? I was considering buying from her once but when I asked about certification she kinda was confusing so I didn't want to chance it. Do you think she is reputable and do you think her pieces are true to what she says they are?

Yes! I've bought several items off her but they were all cheap and cheerful fun pieces so they only came with the local Chinese certificate.

I've been told that she cannot logistically send to the Hong Kong lab so that's why I haven't bought any bangles from her.

I think she has a guarantee where YOU can send to a lab and she'll refund if it's found to be a fake. If you want to buy from her I'd clarify on that.

That said I've bought a TONNE of stuff off Livestream that I've never sent to the lab. Just too much money and effort as they were pretty cheap and that guy who sold them REALLY knows his Jade.

I just get a Hong Kong certificate with all my bangles though. Because it's so much rock I'd like to know what I'm wearing the real deal.

If it makes you feel any better I've bought 4 bangles, all had Chinese certificates and all have checked out at the Hong Kong lab.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That looks great on you. Was it a tight squeeze to get it on? It looks like a perfect fit.

I'm struggling with my right hand. It does not like D shapes!

voce

Ideal_Rock
That looks great on you. Was it a tight squeeze to get it on? It looks like a perfect fit.

I'm struggling with my right hand. It does not like D shapes!

There was a moment of pain but it was really easier than I thought to slip it on. I think the moment of pain is from all my bones having to bend at the widest part of my hand, which is 80mm. Thankfully my hand was flexible enough!

I do remember trying the lotion and the soap method before a couple years ago and having it not work. Maybe I've lost a few pounds since then?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Yes! I've bought several items off her but they were all cheap and cheerful fun pieces so they only came with the local Chinese certificate.

I've been told that she cannot logistically send to the Hong Kong lab so that's why I haven't bought any bangles from her.

I think she has a guarantee where YOU can send to a lab and she'll refund if it's found to be a fake. If you want to buy from her I'd clarify on that.

That said I've bought a TONNE of stuff off Livestream that I've never sent to the lab. Just too much money and effort as they were pretty cheap and that guy who sold them REALLY knows his Jade.

I just get a Hong Kong certificate with all my bangles though. Because it's so much rock I'd like to know what I'm wearing the real deal.

If it makes you feel any better I've bought 4 bangles, all had Chinese certificates and all have checked out at the Hong Kong lab.

Oh, you are right. She said it was hard for her to get the cert from Hong Kong Jade and Stone Lab. So wait, you are saying that the 4 bangles got checked out by Hong Kong Jade and Stone Lab?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, you are right. She said it was hard for her to get the cert from Hong Kong Jade and Stone Lab. So wait, you are saying that the 4 bangles got checked out by Hong Kong Jade and Stone Lab?

Yup! All four of mine were sent to that lab each time and all checked out fine ☺️

They send it to the lab and then post me the bangle plus certificate.

I think the biggest hurdle is always color and texture. It's so hard to predict online but the solid colors are easier to judge and look very close to the pictures. That's why I've got 3 solids out of 4 bangles!

PXL_20210605_020539084.jpg

This ring was from Jasmine Jadeite. It's a bit sugary but that was obvious in her pictures and the color was spot on. Not sent to the lab though.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Yup! All four of mine were sent to that lab each time and all checked out fine ☺️

They send it to the lab and then post me the bangle plus certificate.

I think the biggest hurdle is always color and texture. It's so hard to predict online but the solid colors are easier to judge and look very close to the pictures. That's why I've got 3 solids out of 4 bangles!

PXL_20210605_020539084.jpg

This ring was from Jasmine Jadeite. It's a bit sugary but that was obvious in her pictures and the color was spot on. Not sent to the lab though.

Oh so cool. So is the streaming guy the one that sends it to Hong Kong Jade and Stone Lab? Does he charge extra for it? How much does it cost? Is he the one that sells the green and Lavender bangles that Icy posted. It would be great if he were and it could be sent to the Hong Kong Jade and Stone Lab. Then I would trust it. They were so beautiful. Your pieces are so beautiful. You are very lucky. I especially like the fact that your bangles are solid. That is always my preference. Can you explain what sugary means? I think your ring is lovely!

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
These are what I'm wearing today.
PXL_20210607_180416191.jpg PXL_20210607_180434927.jpg
For future bangle prospects, I'm so glad I can fit into 57mm. Since I saw @mellowyellowgirl's wrist gap with her koi bangle, I thought these wrist gaps were normal!
PXL_20210607_180346149.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yaaaaay @fatpanda
Do you like wearing it? Can't wait to see all of them!!!!

@voce haha my seller was baffled when she saw my wrist gaps. She was like: Why did you buy all these bangles that are too big for you???

I do like being able to take them on and off easily because I change them so much. But I'm braver buying smaller sizes now when a bargain comes up.

I haven't tried a concubine shaped Bangle though. I've been warned that are much smaller than the rounds so need to be careful with measurements.

@Silvermom no hong Kong lab for Livestream guy. He runs a more basic operation so can't send it to the lab.

This is my favorite ring from him. It was a bargain. 5mm thick for the heart!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results