shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your J color diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty pretty please!

I am between to diamonds right now, a 1.00 carat F and a 1.18 carat J.

To be honest, I am TOTALLY leaning towards the J! Even though I love it, I''m a little hesitant about going with a stone that has a faint yellow tint. I don''t notice the tint now, but I''m worried it''ll show once it''s in a setting.

Can I please see some J color diamonds that are already set?

Thanks!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a J to show you, but I wanted to say I totally support going with the J over the F. I have an H, and would DEFINITELY go lower before I''d go higher on color. I couldn''t imagine paying for higher than an H, but in the future I''ll be going way lower, like maybe a K!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I think photographs might not tell you too much since even among the J''s, face up color can vary from stone to stone depending on cut/shape/etc.
Can you compare the two stone in person to see which you like more?
Does it have any blue flouro to it? (That can help make the stone seem whiter).

It''s your ring :) Go with what you love!
(P.S. I have a 1ct F, and LOVE it)

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Geoffreysnow! That link is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I feel so much better about going with the J now that I''ve seen others that are absolutely GORGEOUS!

Kelli, thanks for the encouragement!

I think I just needed some reassurance that, yes, my ering will still be gorgeous even if the color is a little lower. I seem to get the same reaction from people with I tell them the color. They always say "Oh, a J? Really?" But I really do love it! It''s gorgeous. Hopefully I''ll be posting it soon!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 12:54:05 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Honestly, I think photographs might not tell you too much since even among the J''s, face up color can vary from stone to stone depending on cut/shape/etc.

Can you compare the two stone in person to see which you like more?

Does it have any blue flouro to it? (That can help make the stone seem whiter).

It''s your ring :) Go with what you love!

(P.S. I have a 1ct F, and LOVE it)

They are both cushion cuts, both are SI1 (eye clean), both have no flouro, ex polish/sym. The J is at a jeweler here in town and the F is in SO''s hometown about 4 hours away. So needless to say I can''t do a side-by-side comparison. I asked the jeweler here in town to send me a pic of the J diamond (which she''ll get to me today!) and SO and I are leaving town today to visit his family AND to see the F diamond I have on hold. Maybe I can take a picture of that one, then compare the two? But like you said, a photo might not be a very good means of comparing. I''ll post the pics here later this weekend. Maybe then I can get some opinions.
9.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
The jeweler just sent me a picture of the 1.18 J!!! Now if only I could figure out how to post...hmmm

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...here''s the J color diamond! This is the first time I''m posting a picture so I hope it works!

JDiamond.JPG

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I only really notice tints in direct sunlight. ESP in the afternoon... like 2-4pm. But I ALWAYS NOTICE SIZE.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, IDOC! I''m so excited for you. Yay!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 1:47:17 PM
Author: mscushion
It''s beautiful, IDOC! I''m so excited for you. Yay!

Do you really like it? Because I am IN LOVE!
30.gif

It''s just that I am such an indecisive person so I want to be 100% sure before we go through with it. I''ll get pics of the F diamond this weekend...but I''m almost positive I will go with this stone! (it faces up way bigger than 1.18 IMO
31.gif
)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of my J. I have a sweet spot for J''s!

em1ringcolor.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 2:01:07 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Here is a pic of my J. I have a sweet spot for J''s!

All I have to say is
6.gif
!!!!

That is GORGEOUS! It''s so clear and white! Yay for J''s!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 12:46:56 PM
Author: Kelli
I don't have a J to show you, but I wanted to say I totally support going with the J over the F. I have an H, and would DEFINITELY go lower before I'd go higher on color. I couldn't imagine paying for higher than an H, but in the future I'll be going way lower, like maybe a K!
Kelli,, any upgrade in the future? I've seen your post on a couple of threads,,,, I'll be watching for your thread
36.gif
sorry didn't mean to hijack,... let me find

my J... I'm currently getting a reset to a K... one moment

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Here is my 1.64 J, I love it and I think buying a J was soo worth it.

2009 035.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
!! Ok...seriously drooling here!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, I think Js are fabulous,, even with my yg setting... you won''t be dissapointed

Terr11013009.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, dannyandterry!

icet

Rough_Rock
I recently upgraded from an E to a K! I was looking for a J but couldn''t find one in the size and clarity I wanted. I notice the difference in color but it doesn''t bother me much because most of the time the k shows up white. only under certain lights can you really see the tinge and honestly, most of my friends can''t tell the color difference, they only notice the size difference
30.gif

I would definitely go with the J if there is a difference in price and size, if there isn''t then it really depends on which stone appeals to you more. Good luck!

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks beautiful! If you love it I say go for it! Higher colors don''t mean better quality, just more rare.
2.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of my .25 ct J VS1 pendant.

jmtj1.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this thread! I bought an I, but had there been a J ACA at WF when I was ready to buy (so I could go slightly bigger), I may have gone that direction.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say I have a K and totally love it. Size was more important to me. Good luck
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be the odd woman out here.
For a .18ct difference, I wouldn''t go from an F to a J. Don''t get me wrong, I love diamonds in all colors but that''s a 4 grade difference and i don''t think it''s worth it for that size. Unless of course you love lower color stones. If you do, disregrad what I said above.
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 4:26:45 PM
Author: MMT
I just wanted to say I have a K and totally love it. Size was more important to me. Good luck
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
MMT - I hope you don''t mind I shared your ring thread in another post as the gal was interested in a K...BTW I drool over your large K constantly
30.gif
it is one of my favorite on PS....

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 1:20:13 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
Ok...here''s the J color diamond! This is the first time I''m posting a picture so I hope it works!
That is a beautiful stone, but I might just be a little concern and Elle is right it is 4 color grade off, as I heard that cushion cut might show the color slightly more than a RB hopefully someone with similar stone shape will chime in. but do you think you can ask to see if they can show you both stones in a setting? that might make you think Twice.. sorry be the devils advocate.. I know I would definately recommend J if RB,,, but now I''m looking at your cushion, I''m a bit undecided for you...?

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Mine is a 1.02 J SI2. To be honest, I notice the SI2 so much more than I notice the J. I think the color is very white on mine and its super bright and sparkly with good fire, but its not ''clear'' like other diamonds I''ve seen. I think clarity is so much more important when you get to those colors, but that''s just my opinion.

Here''s a link to some pics of my ring:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-krockie.98150/

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I *love* my 2ct J VS1 radiant. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Especially with the fancy shapes, the fire/scintillation varies *so* much from stone to stone. When we were finalizing the purchase of my upgrade, I was very particular about getting a diamond with that "bucket of crushed ice" look to it, as well as a stone with a very specific length-to-width ratio. Did I start out saying that a "J" stone was also a must? No. My perfect ideal would have been probably an H, because I do like a stone with a little bit of body color. But I saw this stone and it was just soooo right - the J color was not a dealbreaker in the least, because everything else was perfect about the stone, so in totality it was the right diamond for me.

I really only notice a faint tint of body color on very rare occasion - even with no fluorescence, it is very white in natural daylight and under most other lighting conditions. But it has such sparkle and fire that any tiny bit of tint you *might* see that 5% of the time, is more than made up for.

Here's a pic of my baby... *ETA* this pic was taken inside at night...(for lighting/color reference)

gossamerradiantonlipgloss1.jpg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Just for comparison, here is a picture taken with only natural morning light coming in...so you can see that even in pure sunlight, it still looks very bright and white, and again, this diamond doesn''t even have any blue fluorescence that would give an artificial whiter look to the stone...

gossamerradianthandshot1.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
goss- Wow! now i''m all cofuse for idreamofcushions
33.gif

idreamofcushions - i still think if you can see it in a setting, you are the better judge of character and ultimately its your choice and what you love.my sister "thought" she loved one diamond when she saw it loose, then had it in her setting, and it didn''t look the same, so she chose another diamond instead. she was the better judge of character because she saw it in person vs me buying mine online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results