shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your imperfect jewellery

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve just set my diamond in this setting. The pear sidestones are mushy and don’t really match the centre. I’m deciding whether or not to upgrade the pears.

But part of me (the non-neurotic part of me) still loves it just the way it is.

I know some of you have wonky old cuts, or diamonds bought pre-PS. Share your pics and stories of imperfect jewellery. Love them or hate them, they definitely happen on the bling journeys we take. C9FD9CB3-5BE2-45C3-8A29-154D725FD57F.png 00BEC2D4-3AB2-42F7-ADA5-97A6D97EDDF6.jpeg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I'll play. For years I was yearning for a diamond. This was pre PS days. I was so desperate to get a diamond for myself and actually had no idea about diamonds. I was only a uni student as well so didn't have a great budget but more than enough had I known what I do today - I would have taken a much different path and bought preloved or antique diamonds.

I still feel like it was an achievement and it still makes me happy.

thumbnail_612615081.jpg

120394171_335366420856039_5713345317766862926_n.jpg 29176833_2026277230719087_8954059535648030720_n.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll play. For years I was yearning for a diamond. This was pre PS days. I was so desperate to get a diamond for myself and actually had no idea about diamonds. I was only a uni student as well so didn't have a great budget but more than enough had I known what I do today - I would have taken a much different path and bought preloved or antique diamonds.

I still feel like it was an achievement and it still makes me happy.

thumbnail_612615081.jpg

120394171_335366420856039_5713345317766862926_n.jpg 29176833_2026277230719087_8954059535648030720_n.jpg

It’s gorgeous! What’s the size? What makes it imperfect?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
It’s gorgeous! What’s the size? What makes it imperfect?

I think it's a 1.3ct? Well for starters there is no certificate lol I think when the guy sold it to me he said it was E SI3 (how naive I was). Anyway I think someone else appraised it while mounted as H I1, but a pretty make. So the clarity is not perfect and obviously the cut - who knew about cut before PS? While it is not an ideal cut, it has some sentimental value and I'd like to keep it. I did think about getting it recut at one stage by Brian Gavin. But for now I think I will pass it onto my sister and keep it in the family.

It was originally in a solitaire but I think the new fancy dress helps :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a 1.3ct? Well for starters there is no certificate lol I think when the guy sold it to me he said it was E SI3 (how naive I was). Anyway I think someone else appraised it while mounted as H I1, but a pretty make. So the clarity is not perfect and obviously the cut - who knew about cut before PS? While it is not an ideal cut, it has some sentimental value and I'd like to keep it. I did think about getting it recut at one stage by Brian Gavin. But for now I think I will pass it onto my sister and keep it in the family.

It was originally in a solitaire but I think the new fancy dress helps :)

That is indeed SUCH a fancy dress! I love it!

And I love that you bought this diamond for yourself. Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oval blue Zircon ring is imperfect in that the sides are supposed to be leaves as shown in this inspiration picture:

JD_oval_Blue_Zircon.PNG

However, the bench made this instead, which is kind of cute, hence I decided to keep it, as it reminds me of a cat!

DK :))

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Nothing I own is perfect. I don't own any super ideal cut diamonds. I would have to post everything, because it's all flawed!

Eta: it's probably considered garbage by many, because they aren't super ideal CBI or ACA stones.

Last edited:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
008DE4E2-1C07-457E-8085-33682B34090C.jpeg

my e-ring is very imperfect...I color, SI2 and not square in any way shape or form...its a steep deep it faces up like .80 ish stone...my jeweler at the time said it "weighed" on his scale as a 1.01 ct..it does have decent sparkle (cant tell it in the picture), hubby bought this all by his self he sat down with the jeweler and picked this out for me for Christmas I think in 2001...I talked about getting rid of it over the years or trading it in and hubby for whatever reason doesnt want me too...and I am a tightwad I dont want to spend the money to get what I what...so there you go...I wear it all the time and of course this was way before my PS days....

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@elizat , FWIW I don’t consider non ideals garbage. I would love to see some of your imperfect pieces! I just love jewelry and the happiness it brings to me. Regardless of other people’s judgements! My wedding set is maul quality. But it’s such a sentimental set and tells a story of our starting out. I love it as much as my upgrade, just for different reasons!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing I own is perfect. I don't own any super ideal cut diamonds. I would have to post everything, because it's all flawed!

Eta: it's probably considered garbage by many, because they aren't super ideal CBI or ACA stones.

Noooo! Don’t say that! Most of us don’t own a super ideal and can see beauty beyond the brand!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Post it
Ill love it !
Most of my jewlery is from the mall
I have 3 pieces in mind
But so far the imperfects look pretty darm amazing to me

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I dug up this wonderful thread so I could share my new earrings! I've been umming and ahing over splashing out on a pair of high quality diamond studs for so long, but my heart just wasn't in it. Then, I saw these lovelies in an Edwardian stickpin and fell in love. At approx .8ctw, they are massively, in-your-face flawed with huge carbon spots, and I find this so charming. I was able to keep their original settings and the jeweler repurposed the pin for the posts. To me, they are absolutely perfect.

841EFD2B-DAE1-4059-BFA6-099F3A9D8998.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dug up this wonderful thread so I could share my new earrings! I've been umming and ahing over splashing out on a pair of high quality diamond studs for so long, but my heart just wasn't in it. Then, I saw these lovelies in an Edwardian stickpin and fell in love. At approx .8ctw, they are massively, in-your-face flawed with huge carbon spots, and I find this so charming. I was able to keep their original settings and the jeweler repurposed the pin for the posts. To me, they are absolutely perfect.

These are simply gorgeous :kiss2: Can we see ear shots please?!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@elizat , FWIW I don’t consider non ideals garbage. I would love to see some of your imperfect pieces! I just love jewelry and the happiness it brings to me. Regardless of other people’s judgements! My wedding set is maul quality. But it’s such a sentimental set and tells a story of our starting out. I love it as much as my upgrade, just for different reasons!

@MamaBear I would love to see your special wedding set!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm enjoying all the pretties in this thread! Imo jewelry doesn't have to be *perfect* to be beautiful.

This set was purchased at around the same time I joined PS...and found out the diamond wasn't very well cut LOL. I guess I could have returned it but I held onto it. Every number and angle is off but it's still a pretty stone! I don't wear it too much anymore but this set got compliments. I think the stone gets a little swallowed up by the setting and I think about resetting it from time to time.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
DSC01033.JPG
I'm enjoying all the pretties in this thread! Imo jewelry doesn't have to be *perfect* to be beautiful.

This set was purchased at around the same time I joined PS...and found out the diamond wasn't very well cut LOL. I guess I could have returned it but I held onto it. Every number and angle is off but it's still a pretty stone! I don't wear it too much anymore but this set got compliments. I think the stone gets a little swallowed up by the setting and I think about resetting it from time to time.

It’s very pretty @junebug17! It looks very sparkly..I really like the setting!
I agree that jewelry doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@elizat I truly don’t know anyone here on PS who would think anything other than super ideal diamonds are garbage. I think there are many beautiful diamonds that aren’t super ideals and are gorgeous. Please see my avatar. She’s not super ideal but IMHO beautiful..:kiss2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I completely agree. Your ring is beautiful! I would bet the diamonds I see on other people hands that I find beautiful are not perfect diamonds.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
L

lydial

I 4E49EF53-9BDF-4CD2-8021-EAAC337207B0.jpeg A2B388D0-D971-4F7F-8EEA-ACD8DCDB2325.jpeg 499D11AE-C84D-4EB3-A81C-A362595BB592.jpeg
I am piggybacking on @luckyblackcat since I have the big siblings! 2 harvested wonky included feathered OMCs, pre-Victorian. Very old per my jeweler. No pattern, no shape. Just pure magic. 2 ctw, mystery color and clarity.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
ETA @MamaBee
We married when we were 19. I wanted a 1 carat diamond, but too expensive!! My hubby surprised me with a .50 carat solitaire and then we added a .50 carat half eternity. That was perfect to me! 21FD308E-BF57-486D-B87F-E9C201B4A22B.jpeg
I wore this set for 25 years.:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results