shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Handbag!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
All this talk about gorgeous bags got me wondering what other fab bags other PSers are carrying as their everyday bag. This will be fun! I''ll start, I usually carry smaller purses in Coach, Dooney, or Ferragamo but I wanted a bigger bag to carry everyday and my husband surprised me and bought me a gorgeous Gucci! I''ve been eyeing it for some time and could never bring myself to buy it. I just love the size, the gorgeous hardware, the soft smooshy leather and its gorgeous shades of burgundy, black and brown color. My husband said it was much easier for him to buy me diamonds than that purse--that diamonds are more worth the extra $$$!

newgucci-1.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, what a pleasant surprise. Now you have to post a body shot of you carrying the bag. hehehe.

I just bought a spy, but I don't have a picture of it and haven't use it yet. For everyday, I carry my dooney because I can just toss it around plus I wouldn't want my nice bag around the chemicals at work.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
this is my latest. Coach Legacy shoulder bag in whiskey!

legacywhiskey.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh fun, I wanna play!

This is my trusty dior saddle bag, that I bought... about a year ago I guess?

museysdior.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s my balenciaga motorcycle bag that I got summer 2005 and carried EVERY DAY ''til I got my dior, then I alternated
9.gif
9.gif

museysbbag.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lent my spy bag (fendi) to my mom for the holidays so I don''t have a pic of my own, but this is the color I have:

museysspy.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one of my fave finds... a Klein Tools brand electrical tool bag--from Home Depot! Except for the super stiff leather-covered metal straps, it''s very good for an everyday bag.

Anyway, those are the four I alternate, well three now that my mom has "stolen" my fendi!!
28.gif

museysklein.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 3:58:35 PM
Author: musey
Here''s my balenciaga motorcycle bag that I got summer 2005 and carried EVERY DAY ''til I got my dior, then I alternated
9.gif
9.gif
Ohhhh Musey! Darn you. I never wanted a $1000+ bag...Until I saw this one. It is soooo fab!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 10:32:20 AM
Author: Miranda
Ohhhh Musey! Darn you. I never wanted a $1000+ bag...Until I saw this one. It is soooo fab!
Thank you!!

My friend actually has a $40 imitation version that looks just like mine... no one can tell the difference! And she won't be hurting as much when they go out of style
28.gif
If you love it, I'd totally suggest going that route.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy bags, gals!

My camera still had a bit of charge so I decided to play too! First off ... my everyday bag/current fave.

Hogan butterscotch-colored hobo-ish shoulder bag.
(Purchased in France pre-Sept 11th. So, it''s OLD ladies! Be gentle!)

decomainbag1.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wee bit closer.

decomainbag2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s my 2nd fave ... and yes, yes ... it''s dated! Scored this Anya AFTER the trend curve at Neiman''s Last Call I think ... either that or the Off 5th Saks outlet. I just love it though ... and it''s so light!

deco2ndfave.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here''s my "oops gucci". I love the shape & look even though it was everywhere & knock-off-ville for awhile. It was my most expensive handbag purchase ever ... yet, cat hair clings to it like a motherfudger, it falls off my shoulder & just doesn''t seem substantial enough for winter ... too hot for summer. All in all a big ol'' fashion BUSTO.

I keep it though because maybe one day it''ll be chic again. Chic, but still a pain in the butt. Hmmm.

decosoopsgucci.jpg

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Those are great Deco! I love the Hogan bag. Thanks for sharing.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 11:20:43 AM

Date: 11/28/2006 10:32:20 AM
Author: Miranda
Thank you!!

My friend actually has a $40 imitation version that looks just like mine... no one can tell the difference! And she won''t be hurting as much when they go out of style
28.gif
If you love it, I''d totally suggest going that route.
So what is yours or your friends source for said bag? You have great taste in bags by the way!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
deco--I LOVE the color of that yellow bag!! The leather looks so buttery soft
1.gif

Date: 11/28/2006 4:26:17 PM
Author: Mokey
So what is yours or your friends source for said bag? You have great taste in bags by the way!
We live in LA so the fashion district (and even MALL stores!) carry a lot of really good knock-offs. My neighbor in college owned a Louis Vuitton multi-colore speedy bag, which I never would have guessed was a fake--but it was!!

Anyway, if you don''t have a district like that, eBay actually does have some very good knock-offs. The ones that claim to be authentic but are selling for 20% or less than the original ones are almost always fakes, but sometimes are very, very good ones. If you can''t tell the difference from comparing pictures, it''s probably going to be good enough to fool almost all people.

I know there are some other good sites for designer imitations, hopefully someone will chime in with them. I''ll let you know if I find or think of any more sources!!!
28.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 4:44:29 PM
Date: 11/28/2006 4:26:17 PM
Author: Mokey
So what is yours or your friends source for said bag?
We live in LA so the fashion district (and even MALL stores!) carry a lot of really good knock-offs.
This doesn''t hold a candle to the gorgeous metallic B-bag above ... but I did find it in my x-mas shopping travels recently and
31.gif
to myself for a sec. A friend in NYC said she sees knock-offs on the street corners in midtown too ... don''t know how good they are though. *shrug*

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I am not a knock off person at all, but they do make some good ones that are hard to tell the difference on. I can understand why designers get upset about it. At the same time, people are doing the same thing when they want to do a custom ring for cheaper than the designer one too, so I guess it is in every industry.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like knock offs serve their purpose, just as CZs serve their purpose. Not everyone has the money to spend on the diamond style that they want, especially if it''s just a fashion jewelry piece. If I wanted a bag I didn''t have the money for, and knew it would go out of fashion sooner than later, I''d probably go for the knock-off. But if it was a real "investment" bag that I''d carry for years, and I did have the money, I''d fork over the cash. I think it''s the same thing for CZ cocktail rings vs. diamond engagement rings
28.gif
ya know?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Great bags guys! I'll have to snap a shot of mine tonight!)

My problems with knock offs is their alleged links to terrorism and the illegal animal skin and fur trade. I've come very very close to getting expensive mirror image fakes, but I could never do it...(well, ok, once a got a fake tods that I threw out b/c I could never bring myself to wear it)..It's just not worth it. There are too many hot non-designer bags for me to help support that industry. CZs are dirrerent in that regard b/c they don't hurt anyone in my opinion (something that can't always be said for diamonds)...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 9:16:15 AM
Author: moremoremore
CZs are dirrerent in that regard b/c they don't hurt anyone in my opinion (something that can't always be said for diamonds)...
Very true! I feel like so many consumer items have this problem, and it's almost impossible for many people to know the difference--for sure.

I've never owned a knock-off myself, but they are super popular out here. Fashions change so quickly in LA--I regretted dropping money on my balenciaga bag because only three months later I was seeing 12-year-olds carrying it and getting attitude-y comments from fashionable women such as "oh, did you find that at a resale shop? I had to get rid of mine."
20.gif

If I'd known it would be out of style by winter 2006, I wouldn't have bought it summer 2005! I guess I just need to be more on top of the fashions
25.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
My new Chloe Paddington in Tobacco which I got for a 1/3 of the price love
30.gif
it and just so soft and buttery. Nor heavy at all but the padlock was faulty so Chloe are replacing it

price1.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
And my new Louis (Old ) Vuitton Red Epi peite Noe that I got yesterday from a lady whose mother and she are complete bag addicts and they are selling lots of LV and Chanel bags as she now like Prada
14.gif

This bag is in near perfect condition and it has been authenticated by the LV store here.
It is absolutely stunning and I love it
3.gif

price2.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 10:47:15 PM
Author: katebar
My new Chloe Paddington in Tobacco which I got for a 1/3 of the price love
30.gif
it and just so soft and buttery. Nor heavy at all but the padlock was faulty so Chloe are replacing it
You lucky lucky lucky girl! It looks so awesome!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, remember the mantra "beauty is pain?" well, I think a lot of times it should also be "fashion is A pain"...I have more stuff languishing in the back of my closet that just did not work in real life, or in my life...what a bummer...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 1:15:00 AM
Author: diamondfan
Deco, remember the mantra ''beauty is pain?'' well, I think a lot of times it should also be ''fashion is A pain''...I have more stuff languishing in the back of my closet that just did not work in real life, or in my life...what a bummer...

31.gif
31.gif
I think we could fix this little problem. What''s your e-bay seller name??
11.gif
3.gif
2.gif
31.gif
I''m kidding! Kinda! I should have a little sell-off my own self but it seems like a lot of hassle. Donating''s always been easier for me .. & I get the tax write off.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought about selling, I have so much stuff, all high end, but it just seems a pain to me. I know it is real, I do not buy knock offs, but how to prove it? And those services charge a steep fee, so I will just hang onto those things, even though they IRK me whenever I lay eyes on them...I give my sitters and nanny a lot of stuff, but still, I have definitely made my costly fashion errors!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! My everyday bag is a 6 year old leather Dooney. It''s held up very well.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I know doesn''t it make you sick to see all that money just sitting there! I recently bought a gorgeous white dressy coat.
But I live in Houston, we don''t wear coats! Maybe a few days a year. But this was a coat you would wear for evening. I saw it, loved it, bought it. Owned it for a month and took it back. The guilt ate me up.

Diamondfan - hey, do an ebay sale. We all know your stuff is real!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
besides the bbags i''ve bought rececently these are my fave everyday bags. This red one I got last year on sale at norstroms its francesca biasia.

isabella2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results