shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your flare from top to bottom...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Hello! This is my first post! I have been lurking around for a few months and finally have something to post about. I am looking for pictures of rings that get larger from top to bottom. Like this from the side / \ I am having a ring made and the top is 3mm and gets thicker to about 4 mm. I am trying to get an idea of what it looks like. Thanks!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops, by the title of this post, I thought it was either about the diamonds we wear from head to toe, about flare pants, or about "flare" (did anyone see the movie Office Space where they call "flare" the pins that the waiters at Bennigan''s and other places like TGIF wear?). I don''t have anything to post, however, related to what you described.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope, by the way!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 9:54:31 PM
Author: lizz
Ooops, by the title of this post, I thought it was either about the diamonds we wear from head to toe, about flare pants, or about ''flare'' (did anyone see the movie Office Space where they call ''flare'' the pins that the waiters at Bennigan''s and other places like TGIF wear?). I don''t have anything to post, however, related to what you described.

LOL!! That was my first thought!

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
LOL! I LOVE Office Space. Um, yeah, we''re gonna need you to come in on Saturday. I couldn''t think of any other way to describe it. I have been scouring websites looking for pictures, but I haven''t found any. Oh well, feel free to post the flare you wear from top to bottom. I love looking at the pictures posted here.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 9:58:13 PM
Author: AnaClare
LOL! I LOVE Office Space. Um, yeah, we''re gonna need you to come in on Saturday. I couldn''t think of any other way to describe it. I have been scouring websites looking for pictures, but I haven''t found any. Oh well, feel free to post the flare you wear from top to bottom. I love looking at the pictures posted here.
"yeah, that would be great"

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

I''m not quite sure why you don''t know what this looks like - is it being made from a verbal description from you? You had no pictures or drawings to show the person making the ring? Did they do any CAD work for you so that you would get an idea of what they were coming up with? Are you saying that the shank is wider toward the bottom or toward the top? Sorry for so many questions but I guess I''m not getting a clear picture. Do you have any images of the ring to share with us? If so, then maybe we could point you in the right direction for similar styles.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Completely off topic but I love Office Space too and I''m addicted to that show The Office!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flare.....
38.gif
'Asprey' shank?

Well, that's the only thing that comes to mind. It is a 'strategy' to make large rings stable on the finger and dunno - just look nicer.

"just_looking!" had such a ring made with a round and ruby trillion sides at Art of Platinum. You may want to look up her ring when the server gets better - now I can't see them.

And this is the poster kid for the respective type at the said shop:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=4&sessionid=c61184fcfbfec4e5aff71ac6da262b8d

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ana I think that is one of the most beautiful rings!

AnaClare is this the type of ring you are thinking of?

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Hello! The jeweler did not do a CAD drawing or a wax mold. We worked together to construct a peice with everything I asked for. I requested the change for the ring to be thicker on my finger since I am so hard with my hands, also so the ring is sturdier. The difference from the top to the bottom shouldn''t be that noticable since it will only be .5mm on each side, but I just wanted a few pictures as reference. I will try to post something similar to what I mean. Thanks for the help!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Hi there are you talking about something like a trellis setting that you would set a princess cut or a asscher in? It comes up on the sides right next to the stone and then comes out to go around the finger? But don''t get me wrong not a semi bezel or bezel set it is prong set under the sides. I''ve tried to get a pic but I''m having a hard time resizing it. Bluenile has a good example of the trellis it was the one that I was going to get but couldn''t.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Sorry my bad I went back to your post and seen that you was meaning that the band gets smaller at the stone and the band itself is what get wider. Sorry !!!
37.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Like this one? It''s a Viachi setting from niceice.com

niceice_viachip28d710.jpg

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one from a.jaffe...is this what you had in mind?

ajaffe220pave.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
My ring does not match the widths you mentioned, but does taper in the way you described. I know the bottom half is 2mm, no clue what the tops is... maybe .5mm? It is really thin at the top. I personally love this look... i think having a thinner band next to the diamond helps is pop!

njc_sunshine.jpg

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
This picture shows a little more what I am talking about. How the band doesn''t just go straight down from the top, it flares out slightly. When I say top to bottom I mean of one portion of the ring, not from the head of the stone to the base of the shank. Does that help clarify? Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the help!

simring.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so you are talking more of a three sided shank? I didn''t understand that at first. Is yours going to have pave stones or anything in it or will it just be polished?

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely! That''s what I meant.
21.gif
Thanks for the terminology. The entire shank is going to be hand engraved. Also, there will be milgrain on each edge. The ring is also going to have a euro shank (since my rings flatten with wear anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results