color
clarity

show me your fixed repairs

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
picked it up today
it really sparkles under the shop lights and in the sunshine
the diamonds throw fire
they are set very low into the pendant so no way will i loose them- i 'lost' them on the floor about twenty times, its a miricle i still had all three
and it wont poke into my skin if it flips (i dont think it will flip)

must set up cell phone
sigh

Ohh, looking forward to this!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
picked it up today
it really sparkles under the shop lights and in the sunshine
the diamonds throw fire
they are set very low into the pendant so no way will i loose them- i 'lost' them on the floor about twenty times, its a miricle i still had all three
and it wont poke into my skin if it flips (i dont think it will flip)

must set up cell phone
sigh

Pictures pictures pictures!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pictures pictures pictures!!!

ok=)2
i must sort my phone out today
i even paid the bill on time this month - ive been paying and not using :cry:
but first need lie down to muster up the energy :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
took mum's pearls in today to get restrung and made a little looser for my fat neck and having a new clasp made that will be eaiser for my sore fingers to do up

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh dear ;)2
its me again :lol-2:

i use this thread to inspire me on, both my repairs and those of you who have shared yours too :kiss2:

sometimes just writing it down helps my mind sort out what im going to do

so going to get mum's pearls tomorrow and im quite excitted
i let it wait way too long:(2- sorry mum;)2
the box still smells of white diamonds purfume,=)2 mum never got the memo pearls on last ! :-o

and i have my cherry amber bakealite ready to go in, and some Malachite to check that its not fake, my jewler does nice things in Malachite so i can trust him to ID,
i got some beads all muddled when some much loved cat tipped the bead tray over ! :-o:lol-2:
it has now become a mind clean thing because im confident the first lot i brought was not fake, but i dont know what is what now ??

that has only been waiting since before xmas, oh well good things come to those who wait :saint:

edited to add
must set up phone
sigh

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Daisy! I have another sort of fixed repair/rescue much too long winded story here for you! :) ❤️

Ok so way back years ago my mom passed away. Not too long after I wanted to get something of a memorial pendant. And since pearls were her favourite we decided to go with a pearl. We had been visiting the BX and we saw those little silver pearl cage pendants. No black or grey, which would have been my preference!! But pink was there so we picked up a pink one and I wore it for awhile but never really warmed up to the pink. And nobody told me I could change it either. So the pendant kind of ended up at the back of the box and then at the back of the bank box for years. Until last year when my dad brought me some of it and I found the memorial pearl and I put it away again.

It wasn't until I started going hard for pearls again thanks to getting re bitten by the pearl bug (Thanks Pearl section ladies xD) that I started to wonder if I could take the pink pearl out and use one of my own pearls instead

Turns out the cage wasn't sealed like I thought it was. So I snatched one of my dyed freshwaters that I had set to the side because it had an unremovable knot stuck inside. So I thought I would probably have to throw it away but wasn't quite ready to give up on the pearl yet.

But it fit perfectly in the cage. So I polished up the cage a little and now I am wearing my memorial pendant quite happily again. Hopefully this counts as a fixed repair xD I definitely think it was a rescue lol and sorry for the side view only. It kept rolling over so I gave up lol.

20240408_112809.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Daisy! I have another sort of fixed repair/rescue much too long winded story here for you! :) ❤️

Ok so way back years ago my mom passed away. Not too long after I wanted to get something of a memorial pendant. And since pearls were her favourite we decided to go with a pearl. We had been visiting the BX and we saw those little silver pearl cage pendants. No black or grey, which would have been my preference!! But pink was there so we picked up a pink one and I wore it for awhile but never really warmed up to the pink. And nobody told me I could change it either. So the pendant kind of ended up at the back of the box and then at the back of the bank box for years. Until last year when my dad brought me some of it and I found the memorial pearl and I put it away again.

It wasn't until I started going hard for pearls again thanks to getting re bitten by the pearl bug (Thanks Pearl section ladies xD) that I started to wonder if I could take the pink pearl out and use one of my own pearls instead

Turns out the cage wasn't sealed like I thought it was. So I snatched one of my dyed freshwaters that I had set to the side because it had an unremovable knot stuck inside. So I thought I would probably have to throw it away but wasn't quite ready to give up on the pearl yet.

But it fit perfectly in the cage. So I polished up the cage a little and now I am wearing my memorial pendant quite happily again. Hopefully this counts as a fixed repair xD I definitely think it was a rescue lol and sorry for the side view only. It kept rolling over so I gave up lol.

20240408_112809.jpg

this is beautiful
well done !
and a lovely memorial to your mum
and a very useful addition to your jewellery wardrobe
you need to also post over on the pearl page to show the other pearl gals

sometimes i think timing just has to be right
you kept that pearl for a reason, you just had to figure out what it was for

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results