shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your favorite pieces!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been wanting to do a thread on this for a while, but a recent thread where I used a porcelain doll as a prop got me going, as Gailey is trying to find out more info on it. Just a heads up so you won''t be wondering why I''m talking to Gailey in this thread.
9.gif

These are a few of my favorites, all inherited from my gandmother. I have a lot from her, but I''ll start with these. I would love to see your treasures too!

The German doll that Gailey and I have been discussing.

Doll01.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, here''s the insignia.

Doll02.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My little group of Ivory pieces. While I would never go and buy Ivory, because of the process, I certainly couldn''t get rid of these. Couldn''t get a really great pic of them...

Ivorypieces01.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
A close up of the "shell" piece. This is only like the size of an egg. Amazing how they do this. Again, not the greatest pic.

Ivory02.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
And one of a set. I''m not even sure what these are technically called. I''m calling them vases, for posting purposes. Front.

Vase01.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
And back. Love these!

Vase02.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
So is this all porcelain? I have a dancer figurine with a skirt similar to yours... I think it looks so neat! You have some really beautiful and interesting pieces!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi oobie! The doll and vase are porcelain, the other pieces are ivory. And thank you!

You should post your dancer!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those vases are gorgeous, and I love the ivory pieces also! I have a doll I can post if I remember to take a picture tomorrow!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks pack, I''d love to see your doll.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nobody? I''m feelin lonely here. *sniff*

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried to take pictures of my doll that night but I''m too short and couldn''t get the right angle. JD''s in doing it right now. Gotta love a tall husband.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeez I''m horrible at resizing-took me a million tries to get it right!

This is The Empress, Alexandra, Czarina of all the Russias, according to the certificates. Gramma got her in 1985, and promised her to me as firstborn granddaughter. My aunt and 3 younger female cousins wouldn''t speak to me or my mom for a long time b/c of that-keep in mind I was 9 at the time! I didn''t actually get to take her home until a few years ago.

100_1078112.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
heeeeey hows come I get such a dinky small picture?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 4:42:36 PM
Author: packrat

This is The Empress, Alexandra, Czarina of all the Russias, according to the certificates. Gramma got her in 1985, and promised her to me as firstborn granddaughter. My aunt and 3 younger female cousins wouldn''t speak to me or my mom for a long time b/c of that-keep in mind I was 9 at the time! I didn''t actually get to take her home until a few years ago.
Wow, she must be worth something, to have all of them get that upset! And your gramma must have found you very special to receive her.
5.gif

I love her name, and she looks beautiful from what I can see. What is her body made of?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Her papers say she''s fully jointed bisque porcelain. I''ve never had her out of the case-we never even thought of it when we were younger. Gramma would''ve tanned our hides if she caught us messing w/it! I''m not sure what Gramma spent back then or what it would be worth now..would be interesting to know, even tho I''d never sell her!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 9:22:21 PM
Her papers say she''s fully jointed bisque porcelain. I''ve never had her out of the case-we never even thought of it when we were younger. Gramma would''ve tanned our hides if she caught us messing w/it! I''m not sure what Gramma spent back then or what it would be worth now..would be interesting to know, even tho I''d never sell her!
It would, you should try and find out. At any rate she''s just lovely, thanks for sharing her!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your preeety dolleth El!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 4:42:36 PM

Pack, she is beautiful.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results