shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your favorite celebrity/politician/etc pearls!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So in the spirit of my previous post about Pelosi style pearls, I'd like to see pics of pearls you liked on a celebrity/politician/actor/musician/etc. The pearls may or may not be something that fits your style but should be something that made you go "wow, those are pretty."

I'll start by adding my favorite so far - Nancy Pelosi's multi-color strand.

nancy-pelosi pearls2.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
can't find a good picture but Tilda Swinton wears a longer strand in "I Am Love" that i continue to lust after.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
The strand on Kiera is my all time favorite strand of celebrity pearls! I would LOVE to be able to replicate that strand someday. :love:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
K9|1339712474|3216418 said:
The strand on Kiera is my all time favorite strand of celebrity pearls! I would LOVE to be able to replicate that strand someday. :love:

Yes, I prefer that one over Nancy's. It's not that Nancy's isn't pretty. Because of the round shape and there are so many replicas: genuine, faux including shell pearls. I've seen a lot of shell pearls in Pelosi style that made it seems so ordinary to me. Baroque shapes in different color combination are more organic and unique.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom|1339713094|3216431 said:
K9|1339712474|3216418 said:

Yes, I prefer that one over Nancy's. It's not that Nancy's isn't pretty. Because of the round shape and there are so many replicas: genuine, faux including shell pearls. I've seen a lot of shell pearls in Pelosi style that made it seems so ordinary to me. Baroque shapes in different color combination are more organic and unique.

HHPmom I could see you wearing one just like that.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with you HHPmom... I adore the baroque shapes, the mix of color, not to mention the HUGE size! Now, all I need is a fat bank account and a long, small, petite neck. :cheeky:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, those SS baroques on Kiera are TDF spectacular :love: . Thanks for adding HHPMom.

The 2 tahitian strands on Brosnan's wife are also very pretty but not so sure they go together.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1339687943|3216081 said:
can't find a good picture but Tilda Swinton wears a longer strand in "I Am Love" that i continue to lust after.

What do they look like, MZ? I've only seen promos of that movie and in them, she wears a plain white double strand.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1339769230|3216890 said:
Yes, those SS baroques on Kiera are TDF spectacular :love: . Thanks for adding HHPMom.

The 2 tahitian strands on Brosnan's wife are also very pretty but not so sure they go together.

I think she was going for the contrasting effect. I like mixing color contrasting strands to make them pop. I haven't tried shapes except for white strands.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1339783652|3217060 said:

I think she was going for the contrasting effect. I like mixing color contrasting strands to make them pop. I haven't tried shapes except for white strands.

multicoloured Tahitians.

http://passagedesperles.blogspot.com/search/label/pearls

scroll down to the discussion re opera length.

i so love this strand.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Would love to see pictures of how you layer your pearls. Whenever I try, DH says I look ridiculous :o .

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1340914683|3225360 said:

multicoloured Tahitians.

http://passagedesperles.blogspot.com/search/label/pearls

scroll down to the discussion re opera length.

i so love this strand.

Thanks for posting MZ, those are pretty :)) . I think my mom is also into longer lengths, she gave me a 96" FW strand for bday. That's an opera squared lol.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not technically seen on a person but....Saw this on Mikimoto's FB page. Such a fresh take on tin cups. Love the contrasting colors and uneven spacing. Would love to have at a more reasonabl price :naughty:

miki_double_0.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
96 inches: that's a lot of opera!

love the picture in your 2nd post of 7/20: i don't do FB so i appreciate your posting it.....i can only assume its a LOT of $...... ;(

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I was flipping through the channels the other day and came across Sally Field in Legally Blonde 2 wearing this great Tahitian strand. I couldn't find pictures that do it justice, but it was very pretty.

sally_field_in_legally_blonde_2_0.jpg

sally_field_as_victoria_rudd.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the Tilda Swinton strand?

swintontahitians.png

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I Am Love is one of my favorite Tilda Swinton movies. She wears that wonderful strand in that movie a lot.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am watching the first seasons of The Good Wife and there is plenty of great jewelry there. Diane Lockhart, specially, has some great pearls. My poor BF has to endure me pausing the show (sometimes at critical scenes) so I can ogle the jewelry.

dianetorsade.jpg

dianepearls.png

dianepearls3.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Judi Dench has been seen wearing pearls in 007 Bond movies. In the newest Bond Skyfall, she was wearing white pearl strand, earrings and pendant. Here is one of them.

judidench_skyfall.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Emily Deschanel was wearing a strand in the most recent episode of Bones. It was a pity the strand was hidden by her neckline. At certain angle it looked to me like a drop shape Tahitian strand in dark peacock overtone...or a faux one.

deschanel_tahitian_strand.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
The 1999 remake of The Thomas Crown Affair has some pearl scenes. Rene Russo wore a double strand necklace in the car and a long rope in the restaurant. Faye Dunaway wore a multi color SS and Tahitian strand. The credit at the end of the movie showed jewelry was from Bulgari.

dunawaypearl.jpg

russo_pearl2.jpg

russopearl.jpg

naria

Shiny_Rock
With Susan Rice in the news, I noticed her lovely tahitians. I'm wondering what size they are since it seems like a nice weight.

susan-rice.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
naria|1353170342|3308767 said:
With Susan Rice in the news, I noticed her lovely tahitians. I'm wondering what size they are since it seems like a nice weight.

susan-rice.jpg

Hard to say. It could be the optical illusion but her necklace seems to be off-center (not matching wise, but from the strand rolling while being worn). The gold pearl is on her left, not smack in the middle. The rest of the pearls are about the size of her pupils or a smidge smaller. Avg pupil size is 10mm.

That's a very nice picture of her...and pearls too. She's a pearl lover. Here is a silvery baroque strand.

susan_rice_pearls.jpg

naria

Shiny_Rock
Thanks HHPmom for your thoughts. I keep thinking about buying a strand of Tahitians, and I have the funds saved. But as a graduate student it is hard to intellectually commit to a piece of jewelry in the thousands. I purchased and returned a PP baroque strand during the Halloween sale, but returned them. The overtones were too weak in real life and I think that I would rather just purchase rounds rather than purchase baroques and only be 80% happy with them and go buy rounds anyways.

That being said, I love baroques, but this will be a statement piece for me and rounds just feel more statement.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
YW. Buy whatever makes you happy. Baroque pearls look more organic and less expensive. No one can have the same baroque strand like you. Round ones are nice. IMHO, the ones that are too large can appear faux and are often imitated. There are lots of shell pearls out in the market that imitate the Pelosi strand, huge ones too. It is hard to purchase pearls online. But PP is very accommodating. Ask for pictures of a few strands individually by themselves and one shot together if you see a few that you like.

I often think I can pretty much tell from PP's pictures how the colors will be in real life. Most of the time I am correct. The one time that I was really surprised was my silvery baroque from them years ago. Even when I lay the strand on white background, it appears ugly with a light gray overtone. But on my neck, the light green overtone comes to life.

naria

Shiny_Rock
I've worked with PP in the past and they were great. I have already sent the strand back, but I was actually wondering if they would have looked better if I had let them warm up. I read the thread on colored metallics that noted they behave differently when warm. UPS brought the pearls to me freezing. In the future, should I let pearls acclimate before making a decision? Or should they look the same when they first arrive as when they have been in the house for a while?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results