shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Fancy Color Diamonds!

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
I’d love to see everyone’s fancy colored diamonds! I’m interested in getting a fancy color but just can’t decide what color (I’ve gone back and forth on black, champagne, pink…)
Regardless of the color, I’d love to see what fancy colored beauties everyone has!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I’d love to see everyone’s fancy colored diamonds! I’m interested in getting a fancy color but just can’t decide what color (I’ve gone back and forth on black, champagne, pink…)
Regardless of the color, I’d love to see what fancy colored beauties everyone has!

Mined or lab grown?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Goldilocks, sold to me as a champagne but the bezel really brings out the yellow, she is an old mine cut.
9A0384D0-0566-4F7A-974B-695D74E6F2FB.jpeg

Latest acquisition, this doesn’t have a fancy color designation but it is a K with faint brown so it produces a subtle pink tint. Just got this literally yesterday!

AFA22EA6-B01B-4544-B655-BB0515070F9D.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is Goldilocks, sold to me as a champagne but the bezel really brings out the yellow, she is an old mine cut.

Latest acquisition, this doesn’t have a fancy color designation but it is a K with faint brown so it produces a subtle pink tint. Just got this literally yesterday!

@YadaYadaYada I couldn’t wait for you to show your new diamond..It’s absolutely GORGEOUS! Can you see the pink tint in person? What are you going to name her?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MamaBee, I have to come up with a name! I can see the pink in person easier than I can catch it in a picture, no idea why. Also depends on the lighting, it’s a very cool diamond.

maisie2

Shiny_Rock

Oh, that pink tint is stunning! I love the champagne as well. :kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @MamaBee, I have to come up with a name! I can see the pink in person easier than I can catch it in a picture, no idea why. Also depends on the lighting, it’s a very cool diamond.

Blush, because her color is subtle! :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @maisie2, I’m thrilled to bits that I found it!

@ItsMainelyYou, good suggestion! I’m usually quick with names but nothing has come to me yet for this one.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Fcds are my favorite! I don't have any of mine set except my "fancy light gray yellow green" that was in my original e-ring. I'll have to fish a pic. But tomorrow I will snap a pic of my Mom's 3+ ct fancy green at Thanksgiving. It's stupid beautiful.

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
Fcds are my favorite! I don't have any of mine set except my "fancy light gray yellow green" that was in my original e-ring. I'll have to fish a pic. But tomorrow I will snap a pic of my Mom's 3+ ct fancy green at Thanksgiving. It's stupid beautiful.

That sounds lovely! I’d be happy to see photos of your unset stones as well, if you have pictures. Do you have any future plans for them?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds lovely! I’d be happy to see photos of your unset stones as well, if you have pictures. Do you have any future plans for them?
1.51 ct fancy dark gray yellow green, .31ct fancy white, .39 fancy dark gray, .81ct fancy yellowish brown, .61 ct fancy dark pinkish purple, .39 fancy purplish pink. And my fancy intense orange-yellow. No set plans for amy yet although I was considering doing a pink and white diamond halo for the 1.51 and lately thinking the intense orange yellow may need to be the head of a snake ring...? 20211124_184229.jpg
20211124_184244.jpg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a fancy yellow brown, GIA colored diamond cert...
620C9AB4-1F28-454C-883D-D6B070857AED.jpeg

And here is a light yellow, UV - it’s not graded but the yellow is pretty obvious…
08CE85D3-DD1D-41CB-B315-E48C226F0ED6.jpeg

And petit princess that’s a very, very faint pink brown, orange…
D994E033-CB89-436A-973D-21E43865CA06.jpeg

A faint yellow, double rose cut in a Ruby halo…
8D008F32-8694-4FFF-BAEF-DAAEDFCCE124.jpeg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
DKJPV19 BRCLT(2019-06-18)-  ---3.jpg
I also had DK make me my Mother's bracelet for my 5 kiddos. Center is .51 fancy pink. That's the only one I remember the stats on.

I love this bracelet :kiss2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new 5.11ct yellow (U-V) diamond ring from Alex Park.

(Yellow gold pave Love bracelet not mine - yet. Nor is the Serpenti.

Ceramic pave Love is mine as is the 5-motif pave Alhambra, as is the Perlee Clover bracelet).

1638508197150.png

1638508229220.png

1638508314858.png

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Using DK’s glamour shot as the color comes out a bit more. I bought this as a gamble from Ivy and Rose as it was uncertified but they stated it had a slight blush tone. It’s a transitional, just over a cart and flat as hell, so the cut grade would have been fair, at best.

color wise, I&R was spot on. Had the stone evaluated by a well known in the south east GIA, ESL graduate diamond dude who agreeded it’s a very light pink, emphasis on very, to be fair.

Call me an old ball, but I don't send uncertified stones to get papers unless I need that paper to sell. That said, I only buy from vendors I really trust with impeccable reputations. I’m just not that obsessed about the ‘cert’ but I’m the kind of person who likes mutts over purebreds. And the extra fee GIA charges for colored reports just annoys me.

19D45A00-F51C-41B6-BAAE-65D3601CB55C.jpeg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a fancy yellow brown, GIA colored diamond cert...
620C9AB4-1F28-454C-883D-D6B070857AED.jpeg

And here is a light yellow, UV - it’s not graded but the yellow is pretty obvious…
08CE85D3-DD1D-41CB-B315-E48C226F0ED6.jpeg

And petit princess that’s a very, very faint pink brown, orange…
D994E033-CB89-436A-973D-21E43865CA06.jpeg

A faint yellow, double rose cut in a Ruby halo…
8D008F32-8694-4FFF-BAEF-DAAEDFCCE124.jpeg

All of your rings are so pretty!!! Gorgeous stones!!!!!

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My new 5.11ct yellow (U-V) diamond ring from Alex Park.

(Yellow gold pave Love bracelet not mine - yet. Nor is the Serpenti.

Ceramic pave Love is mine as is the 5-motif pave Alhambra, as is the Perlee Clover bracelet).

1638508197150.png

1638508229220.png

1638508314858.png

Hi Phoenix, this is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:, This ring totally matches you, it says Phoenix all over the place. I can picture you walking in bringing a roomful of sunshine!

Do you have a separate thread about this? You need to create one and post lots of pictures!

I am so sorry, but i have lots and lots of questions for you. I have been following Alex as well on IG and bought a few little stuff from him. I find he is a great guy, yes, blunt but very honest. He tries his best taking care of his customers, but he is super busy, so unfortunately something has to give. He tries but sometimes he is not very responsive, hit and miss. But I get it, he is busy and he has so many customers. However, a 5+ ct ring is NOT a small purchase (at least for me), especially you already owned the epic ACA, plus many other pieces from White Flash (right?). Anyway, you have had full service from one of the best vendors on PS. I assumed you got multiple pictures with your purchase, they went and looked at different stones for you, ASETs and just about all the images/reports you would normally ask for, plus I assume they gave you time to make your decisions. Meanwhile buying from Alex, he gives you what you ask for (in most cases) right, but there's almost no time to think about it, because thousands of others are looking at the same item he posted. You had to make decision right away, without all the info that you typically get from a full service vendor. How did your experience go? did you feel pressured and not fully informed? Did your purchase turn out the way you expected? I just imagine buying a color stone would be kinda hard especially you are solely relying on the accuracy of the limited pictures he put up. Most importantly, do you feel in real life the color of the stone matches the pictures he posted?

I apologize for all the questions, i know it's a lot. But the prices from all these IG sellers are just soooo attractive. It would be otherwise impossible for me to afford such similar pieces from a more traditional seller. So I am just wondering since you had experienced the two very end of the spectrum, what do you think of it? Was the saving worth the risk? Thank you Phoenix, I love the ring, it looks perfect on you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words.:kiss2:

I don't actually own any ACA from WF, never had the pleasure of working with them. I hope I will at some point. I've bought several times from Brian Gavin and relied on the information and images they provided on their site. Plus, I spoke and exchanged emails with Brian and his wife Lesley. Very pleased each and every time.

Re Alex, I just relied on his images and video on his site. That was enough for me. As you said, his prices are very reasonable. So just have to rely on his eyes and trust his word. My stone is in fact not as yellow as his pics. But I knew that it was a U-V and therefore was unlikely to be super yellow. I don't want super yellow anyway, preferring the more lemony shades.

I was very pleased with the ring and the stone when I opened the package and remain pleased. I'd say Alex is very good at picking stones. He says he rejects 98% of what is sent to him and I believe that. My whole ring is a total disco ball. One thing I was expecting but didn't get and was very happy I didn't, is that my pear has zero bowtie, like none. That's super hard with pears.

He is a very straightforward, no nonsense and some would say not very tolerant person. I am ok with that. The whole process was very efficient and he delivered in every way. I'd totally recommend him.

I think if you do ask him for extra pics and videos, he'd probably oblige. But you'd have to keep reminding him cuz he's super busy. Personally, I am ok with that, for getting great deals.

Hope that helps. x

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words.:kiss2:

I don't actually own any ACA from WF, never had the pleasure of working with them. I hope I will at some point. I've bought several times from Brian Gavin and relied on the information and images they provided on their site. Plus, I spoke and exchanged emails with Brian and his wife Lesley. Very pleased each and every time.

Re Alex, I just relied on his images and video on his site. That was enough for me. As you said, his prices are very reasonable. So just have to rely on his eyes and trust his word. My stone is in fact not as yellow as his pics. But I knew that it was a U-V and therefore was unlikely to be super yellow. I don't want super yellow anyway, preferring the more lemony shades.

I was very pleased with the ring and the stone when I opened the package and remain pleased. I'd say Alex is very good at picking stones. He says he rejects 98% of what is sent to him and I believe that. My whole ring is a total disco ball. One thing I was expecting but didn't get and was very happy I didn't, is that my pear has zero bowtie, like none. That's super hard with pears.

He is a very straightforward, no nonsense and some would say not very tolerant person. I am ok with that. The whole process was very efficient and he delivered in every way. I'd totally recommend him.

I think if you do ask him for extra pics and videos, he'd probably oblige. But you'd have to keep reminding him cuz he's super busy. Personally, I am ok with that, for getting great deals.

Hope that helps. x

Thank you Phoenix, and sorry for making the wrong assumption of your MRB, nevertheless, it is quite the iconic piece on PS. You are always very helpful and thank your for taking the time to tell us your experience with Alex. I always value your insights. As for your new rare fine, it is super usual to see a pear without bowtie. Pls wear it in good health, and I hope you will be able to post more pictures of it so we can all admire and drool all over it. :dance:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 3.2ct fancy yellow ring. The stone and the setting are from Leon Mege.

Attachments

• 20170514_132553.jpg
    20170514_132553.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 42
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results