shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good thing you didn’t lose your earring! I would get both backs replaced. Also have the jeweler check the little notch near the ends of your posts to make sure they’re not worn down. You want your backs to catch on that notch.
My post broke at the notch. I had the posts and backings replaced in both earrings..It looks like you just need an inspection and new backings. You were lucky…No pun intended! Haha

Thanks for this bit of advice. I've worn these earrings through some very interesting times so I guess I don't think of the back ever failing.

There's a Jewelry Doctor very close to me so I'll go there. They've done great work on one of my rings so this should be piece of cake for them (that ring was not...lol).

sparklynurse

Rough_Rock
Thanks for this bit of advice. I've worn these earrings through some very interesting times so I guess I don't think of the back ever failing.

There's a Jewelry Doctor very close to me so I'll go there. They've done great work on one of my rings so this should be piece of cake for them (that ring was not...lol).

You can order new backs and I would also suggest getting silicone backs - you are essentially wearing two backings. All of my earrings have Le Poussette (aka Protektor backs) but I decided to add silicone backs when I read about the spring mechanism failing (maybe rust if you get them wet.)

Silicone backs on Amazon

SmittenKitten

Rough_Rock
I had my studs from JBG for a few years before I had them reset. Grace handled all the details and returned them in a custom clover setting in platinum. They feel extra special and I wear them daily. 2.06 tcw, M, VS1 tempImageWdwDTg.png

Attachments

• tempImageNPnYpD.png
    tempImageNPnYpD.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
  • Clover.png
    Clover.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 63

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock
That's the size I would love, one day!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
My studs are a little peculiar - they're my mom's side diamonds from a ring she reset. I asked her what she was going to do with them, and she said nothing, they were too small. I offered to buy them from her, but she set them in earrings for my Christmas present. I love them. IMG_0058.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpeg
    IMG_0059.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 10

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
I just upgraded from ~.8ctw princess studs that my dad got me when I was younger, to 3.16ctw studs and I’m feeling like they are freaking massive. I originally wanted 2.5ctw based on trying some on but I got them from Alex Parks and he didn’t have any that size but had these. I know this isn’t the greatest place to come and be told they’re too big ( has that ever happened??) but I don’t want them in I look like costume jewelry! Part of it is that I’m 28, but my lifestyle reflects my ability to be able to afford nice things so what are your thoughts? Keep them or make a pendant out of one, use one for a trilogy rhr and get slightly smaller size? IMG_1699.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpeg
    IMG_1712.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1714.jpeg
    IMG_1714.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 100

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Enjoy! If you love them, where them with joy!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
They look perfect on you! Full disclosure-I have ones that are a similar size-I think the size is versatile!

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just upgraded from ~.8ctw princess studs that my dad got me when I was younger, to 3.16ctw studs and I’m feeling like they are freaking massive. I originally wanted 2.5ctw based on trying some on but I got them from Alex Parks and he didn’t have any that size but had these. I know this isn’t the greatest place to come and be told they’re too big ( has that ever happened??) but I don’t want them in I look like costume jewelry! Part of it is that I’m 28, but my lifestyle reflects my ability to be able to afford nice things so what are your thoughts? Keep them or make a pendant out of one, use one for a trilogy rhr and get slightly smaller size? IMG_1699.jpeg

They are perfect. I am wearing 10 ctw and they could be bigger. It’s all perspective. You will get used to them, I promise. IMG_3125.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3096.jpeg
    IMG_3096.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 21

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
They look perfect on you! Full disclosure-I have ones that are a similar size-I think the size is versatile!

Another part of the “problem” (not really a problem) is that my lobes are small so I feel like they look huge on me!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I also have small lobes. Just wear them a while. Your eyes will get used to them.

I’m not wearing mine rn-here’s an old pic:

371914B1-2639-431D-BC8A-643C7671AD61.jpeg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They look perfect on you! I say you will have no time "growing" into them. I have upgraded my studs throughout the years and I am almost at 3ctw! I think that size is perfect and they don't look like costume jewelry to me because they both are older cuts and warmer in color.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are perfect. I am wearing 10 ctw and they could be bigger. It’s all perspective. You will get used to them, I promise. IMG_3125.jpeg

Holy bling those look amazing! and you want to go bigger??? Wowza!

mindy197999

Rough_Rock
My new forever earrings. 18k rose gold Tacori fe670 halo settings. I ordered the settings from Whiteflash. The center diamonds are also from Whiteflash. I have wanted these settings for a long time and am completely in love with them. Also the customer service at Whiteflash was spectacular as usual. IMG_20231015_172518.jpg

Attachments

• 4656081b2b42f6a37c18761202d64a84.jpg
    4656081b2b42f6a37c18761202d64a84.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20231015_195813.jpg
    IMG_20231015_195813.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20231015_195747.jpg
    IMG_20231015_195747.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 63

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new forever earrings. 18k rose gold Tacori fe670 halo settings. I ordered the settings from Whiteflash. The center diamonds are also from Whiteflash. I have wanted these settings for a long time and am completely in love with them. Also the customer service at Whiteflash was spectacular as usual. IMG_20231015_172518.jpg

Beautiful! What ctw are they?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

These are great size. I wear 3.4 ctw daily and they now look small to me. You will soon adjust

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think they look beautiful on you - I would definitely keep them. You will get used to them in no time but if you get smaller ones now, you will regret it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results