shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I don’t think I’ll ever get there unless I win the Lottery. Maybe when I’m much older and have less financial obligations. But the part of me that has been having a midlife crisis since the age of 30 is screaming “ do it now while you’re still young enough to truly enjoy it and tomorrow is not a guarantee blah blah blah “.

I got mine at 62 so yep something to wait for and look forward to got my first paid .75 each at 30

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What setting do you have? Is it martini?
It's a special order four prong setting that sets the diamond low. I don't recommend spending much on settings until the final pair, though. I prefer 4 prongs because of the flat base. Martini settings can enlarge the piercing hole.

I don’t think I’ll ever get there unless I win the Lottery. Maybe when I’m much older and have less financial obligations. But the part of me that has been having a midlife crisis since the age of 30 is screaming “ do it now while you’re still young enough to truly enjoy it and tomorrow is not a guarantee blah blah blah “.
I didn't start with my first WF pair until I was around 50 and over 60 on this final pair! So it's never too late! However, starting younger is wonderful if possible! I am actually getting several things this year with the idea in mind that tomorrow is not guaranteed!

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
It's a special order four prong setting that sets the diamond low. I don't recommend spending much on settings until the final pair, though. I prefer 4 prongs because of the flat base. Martini settings can enlarge the piercing hole.

I didn't start with my first WF pair until I was around 50 and over 60 on this final pair! So it's never too late! However, starting younger is wonderful if possible! I am actually getting several things this year with the idea in mind that tomorrow is not guaranteed!

Is that special setting from WF as well?

chere

Shiny_Rock
Sharing my handmade platinum wire curved martini studs by Atelier Dacko and my full review.

2ctw lab grown stones

Dacko Studs 1.jpg

Dacko Studs 2.jpg

Dacko studs car.jpg

ELN43

Rough_Rock
Haven’t set them yet but just received these beauties today. 1.03 ctw sparkly old euros ED955408-D726-46DB-81A8-A88BD07CB7E4.png next to my MRB 1.00 ctw martini studs and dare I say, outshining them. 0D9A8314-3E46-475A-A7B4-75D62A3554E0.jpeg

Attachments

• EC29AA5E-A078-45BC-A12A-663BFBDA8ED3.jpeg
    EC29AA5E-A078-45BC-A12A-663BFBDA8ED3.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 35

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock
Realized that I never posted my studs here. 1.30ctw H color VS1& VS2 GIA OECs/transitionals.

Here they are in their original 6 prong setting from Eragem.
0-1.jpeg

Recently had them reset into bezels
0-2.jpeg 0.jpeg

Beautiful! Love the bezel look♥️♥️

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Nice!! Enjoy the new setting!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
I got my first pair in my 30's, they were 1.50 ctw. I have know idea about the specs at the time all i was concerned about was diamond size!!

My husband gave me my next pair for Christmas one year; they were 1.20 ctw, G, VS1. A few years prior he gave me a .75ct, G, VS1 pear shaped diamond pendant.

Like a brat I wanted bigger diamonds, so I bought my current studs they are 3.20 ctw, E, SI1. Again, they are great for what I wanted and they're bright white and shiny.

To this day, my husband has no idea about the larger diamonds. He thinks I've been wearing the earrings he gave me 5 yrs ago.

Here's a bad pic... Boy it's difficult to take a picture of my earrings while wear them!

Attachments

• 98FFC98E-6C8B-42D8-A129-77C267FA2E91.jpeg
    98FFC98E-6C8B-42D8-A129-77C267FA2E91.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I got my first pair in my 30's, they were 1.50 ctw. I have know idea about the specs at the time all i was concerned about was diamond size!!

My husband gave me my next pair for Christmas one year; they were 1.20 ctw, G, VS1. A few years prior he gave me a .75ct, G, VS1 pear shaped diamond pendant.

Like a brat I wanted bigger diamonds, so I bought my current studs they are 3.20 ctw, E, SI1. Again, they are great for what I wanted and they're bright white and shiny.

To this day, my husband has no idea about the larger diamonds. He thinks I've been wearing the earrings he gave me 5 yrs ago.

Here's a bad pic... Boy it's difficult to take a picture of my earrings while wear them!
“Til this day, my husband has no idea about the larger diamonds. He thinks I've been wearing the earrings he gave me 5 yrs ago.”

That is too funny. And your earrings look like a perfect size on you.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock

Do you have any pictures of the pear pendant? I’ve been wanting One to
Match my pear studs. This won’t happen for a while but I’d love to see yours

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock

Here's a bad pic... Boy it's difficult to take a picture of my earrings while wearing them!

Hopefully better pics attached...

51800CFC-B2C0-45B8-91CE-DA9A02C3B89F.jpeg 5F204F03-4BBA-4D91-8994-2A8E23A1883A.jpeg

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock

I've never taken pictures of any of my jewelery... But I can take a couple. No guarantees on picture quality.

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock

Do you have any pictures of the pear pendant? I’ve been wanting One to Match my pear studs. This won’t happen for a while but I’d love to see yours

Here goes nothing! Neither picture is very good but you can see the general size. I think it's on a 20" chain.

E2FC7FF8-3A8E-4D88-951C-2EE9F350C00C.jpeg

Attachments

• 76C3FA17-C8FB-45AD-9B63-C1DF174D90C3.jpeg
    76C3FA17-C8FB-45AD-9B63-C1DF174D90C3.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 60

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
This thread is for people to post ear shots with diamond specs so people shopping for studs can have an idea of how certain sizes appear on the ear! It''ll be nice to have a lot of pictures located in one thread!

here are mine! My first larger diamond studs, .87 ctw ACAs next to my little baby Costco studs. Appreciate the help from all the folks here I love them so much 61FBE3C3-3B90-4559-A813-26CDBFCB8B63.jpeg 38CC5E9B-4D68-412F-A204-CEF31CD9170F.jpeg

Last edited:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Here goes nothing! Neither picture is very good but you can see the general size. I think it's on a 20" chain.

E2FC7FF8-3A8E-4D88-951C-2EE9F350C00C.jpeg

Oh I LOVE that. It’s moving up on my wish list ASAP. I also really like the chain it’s on. What’s the size of the pear if you don’t mind me asking.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Miraculous find. Please post this for me in the appropriate forum My left ear has been stretched due to the heavy stud. I have found this product that keeps my stud safe secure and in place and wanted to share with everyone. B8861051-81B9-493E-B5EA-A499ED69C3FD.jpeg A6E99082-F6AF-408E-B12C-27FB70464FEA.jpeg

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Oh I LOVE that. It’s moving up on my wish list ASAP. I also really like the chain it’s on. What’s the size of the pear if you don’t mind me asking.

Thank you Mrs. Flowers!! I'm in love with your bezel set earrings!!!!

My pear pendant is .75 ct. G, VS1 and
I've worn it every day for 10 yrs. I used to wear it with a 20" 14k rope chain but wanted a different look so switched it to a 22" 14K beaded chain.

After checking out how gorgeous your diamond earrings look their new bezel settings I think I'll take a page out of your book and have mybpendant bezel set. This way it'll look like a brand new diamond necklace!!

Last edited:

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Mrs. Flowers!! I'm in love with your bezel set earrings!!!!

My pear pendant is .75 ct. G, VS1 and
I've worn it every day for 10 yrs. I used to wear it with a 20" 14k rope chain but wanted a different look so switched it to a 22" 14K beaded chain.

After checking out how gorgeous your diamond earrings look their new bezel settings I think I'll take a page out of your book and have mybpendant bezel set. This way it'll look like a brand new diamond necklace!!

Thanks you! I have 1.6 ctw pear studs so .8 ct a piece and your necklace would complement them sooo well as they are G VS1 as well. I think that might be my next jewelry purchase. Although not for a while.

And yes! Go for it with the bezel. It’s like having brand new earrings all over again. I would love a pear necklace with a delicate halo. I ADORE pears in a halo. If you reset make sure to post.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Adding my tiny studs to the mix. These I got in my 20's as a university graduation present from my mom and aunts. I've worn them every day since I got them!

0.5 ctw, F, I3 with 4 prong basket setting and screw back posts in white gold. The screw-back posts are a must for me on my studs.

Purchased from Peoples jewelers, and we went through every single pair of 0.5ctw studs at 3 different stores to find the best ones. It was interesting to see what was equivalent prices. There were tons of stones with smaller inclusions but lower colour for the same price, but when we found these guys it was perfect!

They are I3 but the inclusions are white and near the edges of the stones, mostly hidden by the prongs. Such a great find with the F colour! The smaller inclusions were usually black and scattered throughout the stone and under the table, so we felt really lucky to find such a good pair!)

20220620_190125.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results