shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox 2ctw stud reset – help me pick stones

chere

Shiny_Rock
I was so pleased with my Lightbox 1/2ctw halo earrings, I ordered a few 1ct rings to create a pair of studs.

I can't decide on how to pair the stones. All the stone sparkles well in different lighting and they are nice on their own. But they are different in size and color.

From left to right in the pictures
Stone 1: 6.43 x 6.40mm, table is around 55%
Stone 2: 6.35 x 6.34mm, table is around 54%
Stone 3: 6.34 x 6.32mm, table is around 53%

Stones 1 & 2 are the best matched in color but there's a 0.08mm diameter difference. I probably won’t notice once they are set and on my ears. My CZ studs are off by 0.06mm (6.48 & 6.54mm) and I never noticed. I vaguely remember making a pair from my pile of studs.

Stones 2 & 3 are the best match in size but for some reason I don’t like stone 3. It looks dark all the time and it appears smaller although is closer in size. I’m not sure if the setting is adding a reflection or just a bad cut. It does have a touch more tint than stones 1 & 2 when I look at it from the side.

Please help! What are your thoughts on these stones and how would you pick?

LB 1.JPG

LB 2.JPG

LB Tint.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone 3 looks darker from the top and from the side. I would go with 1 and 2.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Stick with 1 and 2, you'll never be able to see the size difference in real life once they are mounted and you are wearing them. :D

chere

Shiny_Rock
My Lightbox studs are finished!

Thanks for the assurance to go with stones 1 & 2. I don’t notice the size difference now that they are set. But I can tell them apart because the larger stone has the wider table, shorter crown and tiny bit more tint. An appraiser told me they were E/F color. They look like it now that they are set in platinum. My solitaire is an F.

I set them in handmade platinum wire baskets by Atelier Dacko. Overkill maybe but these are my forever studs.

I’m very happy I decided to work with Atelier Dacko for this project. I got the sense that Patrick and Anna were perfectionist and we would get along. The finish studs are exactly what I wanted and craftsmanship exceeds my expectations. I’m in love with the tiny claws. I wish I could take better pictures of the detail.

Patrick prefers communicating over What’s App and replied to my texts right away. He sent me the quote and CADs immediately after we met. I didn’t need to make changes. He understood what I wanted from the pictures I gave him. I first asked for a traditional basket with a wide base that looked the Tiffany, Cartier or Sasha Primak studs. But when I saw the CADs, I thought they looked too much to stock settings and the stone was hiding behind metal. I wanted to see the stone and platinum wire work.

I’m so glad I changed the design. The curved martini basket follows the curve of my earlobe and sits really close to my ear. Closer than my traditional boxy studs. They are light weight. I forget I have them on. They don’t droop with regular backs but I’m going to wear these with Chrysmela jumbo backs.

I wasn’t brave enough to remove the rail although Patrick said he could do it. Part of me regrets adding it since it blocks my view the stone when I look straight. But I know I would needlessly worry over the setting. My solitaire doesn’t have the rail and I’m constantly inspecting the setting and stone.

These studs are a piece of art. I can’t wait to get more pieces from Atelier Dacko.

Dacko Studs 1.jpg

Dacko Studs 2.jpg

Dacko Stud 3.jpg

Dacko studs car.jpg

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
My Lightbox studs are finished!

Thanks for the assurance to go with stones 1 & 2. I don’t notice the size difference now that they are set. But I can tell them apart because the larger stone has the wider table, shorter crown and tiny bit more tint. An appraiser told me they were E/F color. They look like it now that they are set in platinum. My solitaire is an F.

I set them in handmade platinum wire baskets by Atelier Dacko. Overkill maybe but these are my forever studs.

I’m very happy I decided to work with Atelier Dacko for this project. I got the sense that Patrick and Anna were perfectionist and we would get along. The finish studs are exactly what I wanted and craftsmanship exceeds my expectations. I’m in love with the tiny claws. I wish I could take better pictures of the detail.

Patrick prefers communicating over What’s App and replied to my texts right away. He sent me the quote and CADs immediately after we met. I didn’t need to make changes. He understood what I wanted from the pictures I gave him. I first asked for a traditional basket with a wide base that looked the Tiffany, Cartier or Sasha Primak studs. But when I saw the CADs, I thought they looked too much to stock settings and the stone was hiding behind metal. I wanted to see the stone and platinum wire work.

I’m so glad I changed the design. The curved martini basket follows the curve of my earlobe and sits really close to my ear. Closer than my traditional boxy studs. They are light weight. I forget I have them on. They don’t droop with regular backs but I’m going to wear these with Chrysmela jumbo backs.

I wasn’t brave enough to remove the rail although Patrick said he could do it. Part of me regrets adding it since it blocks my view the stone when I look straight. But I know I would needlessly worry over the setting. My solitaire doesn’t have the rail and I’m constantly inspecting the setting and stone.

These studs are a piece of art. I can’t wait to get more pieces from Atelier Dacko.

Dacko Studs 1.jpg

Dacko Studs 2.jpg

Dacko Stud 3.jpg

Dacko studs car.jpg

Well, those are absolutely stunning!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I was so pleased with my Lightbox 1/2ctw halo earrings, I ordered a few 1ct rings to create a pair of studs.

I can't decide on how to pair the stones. All the stone sparkles well in different lighting and they are nice on their own. But they are different in size and color.

From left to right in the pictures
Stone 1: 6.43 x 6.40mm, table is around 55%
Stone 2: 6.35 x 6.34mm, table is around 54%
Stone 3: 6.34 x 6.32mm, table is around 53%

Stones 1 & 2 are the best matched in color but there's a 0.08mm diameter difference. I probably won’t notice once they are set and on my ears. My CZ studs are off by 0.06mm (6.48 & 6.54mm) and I never noticed. I vaguely remember making a pair from my pile of studs.

Stones 2 & 3 are the best match in size but for some reason I don’t like stone 3. It looks dark all the time and it appears smaller although is closer in size. I’m not sure if the setting is adding a reflection or just a bad cut. It does have a touch more tint than stones 1 & 2 when I look at it from the side.

Please help! What are your thoughts on these stones and how would you pick?

LB 1.JPG

LB 2.JPG

LB Tint.jpg

I wish I bought one of these rings when they were on sale! They’re so cute!

chere

Shiny_Rock
@diamondyes They are cute! I kept the settings and I plan on resetting them with CZs. It seemed like a shame to sell them for scrap.

Send me a message if you’re interested in one of them for the scrap price. It weighs 3.5-4g, 14K, size 8

https://loupetroop.com/users/chere

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results