shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my new 1.2 ctw studs, F VS1 ACA set in custom 3 prong martini DKJ platinum setting, with protector backs. 20201111_180405.jpg 20201113_214513.jpg 20201113_214514.jpg DKPV2020-11-05---62889-GS-04.jpg DKPV2020-11-05---62889-GS-02.jpg DKPV2020-11-05---62889-GS-01.jpg DKPV2020-11-05---62889-GS-03.jpg
I love them!

SWOON!!!
Elegance personified. The perfect size and perfect cut. Simply gorgeous! :love:

chele162

Rough_Rock
I’m having serious DSS right now! I just got my BGD studs last December and I’m already wanting bigger! Mine are .80tcw. The problem is that my studs are an E VS2 and a F VS1. I’m definitely going up in size but I kind of painted myself in a corner when having to upgrade either the clarity or color, per BGD’s upgrade policy. I wish it were like WF. I’ve thought about selling my studs and just buying from WF. I don’t know. I want at least 1ctw, maybe 1.20ctw. What I need is to stay off the board and just enjoy what I have but that’s not gonna happen. Lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m having serious DSS right now! I just got my BGD studs last December and I’m already wanting bigger! Mine are .80tcw. The problem is that my studs are an E VS2 and a F VS1. I’m definitely going up in size but I kind of painted myself in a corner when having to upgrade either the clarity or color, per BGD’s upgrade policy. I wish it were like WF. I’ve thought about selling my studs and just buying from WF. I don’t know. I want at least 1ctw, maybe 1.20ctw. What I need is to stay off the board and just enjoy what I have but that’s not gonna happen. Lol

Can you call BGD and ask them if they can help you upgrade within your budget parameters? Perhaps they can make it work for you.
Alternatively, you can contact WF if BGD won't/can't help you and see if they would take your studs in as a trade towards a WF purchase. it doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck and I hope your blingy stud dreams come true.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have to believe that BGD would work with you on upgrading through them... I mean, what do they tell their customers who buy D VS stones right off the bat?

chele162

Rough_Rock
Can you call BGD and ask them if they can help you upgrade within your budget parameters? Perhaps they can make it work for you.
Alternatively, you can contact WF if BGD won't/can't help you and see if they would take your studs in as a trade towards a WF purchase. it doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck and I hope your blingy stud dreams come true.

Thanks for the suggestions! To be fair to BGD, I haven’t contacted them and asked about upgrading. I’ve only looked at their website for stones that fit with the upgrade parameters. They’ve always been good to me so I’m not saying that they wouldn’t work with me, I haven’t asked. You’re right, it doesn’t hurt to ask.
I just need to make sure that the upgrade is in my 2021 budget before I ask because no sense in doing it if I can’t get them right away.

chele162

Rough_Rock
I have to believe that BGD would work with you on upgrading through them... I mean, what do they tell their customers who buy D VS stones right off the bat?

That’s true! As I said before, this is no knock on BGD. I haven’t asked if they’ll work with me. I just wish their upgrade policy with more simple, like WF. I’m not 100% sure that I have the budget for them this year so I don’t want to ask them until I’m sure.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s true! As I said before, this is no knock on BGD. I haven’t asked if they’ll work with me. I just wish their upgrade policy with more simple, like WF. I’m not 100% sure that I have the budget for them this year so I don’t want to ask them until I’m sure.

I totally get it... I want to upgrade my studs, but I keep wavering on some details, so I just keep saving and researching.

chele162

Rough_Rock
After mulling over my upgrade options this weekend, I sent an email to IDJ and asked them how much a pair of 1tcw and 1.20tcw would be. I’ve bought studs from there for my mom (among other things) and I loved them so I figured I might as well try. They sent back quotes for the two different sizes and they were way cheaper than WF or BGD (as they should be) and definitely within budget.

I ended up buying the 1.20tcw, because why not get the biggest you can afford? I ordered in Tuesday and they arrived today (Thursday)! I’ve never had a faster jewelry purchase. While they may not be as perfect as my smaller BGD studs, they are amazingly sparkly, icy white, and beautiful. I really can’t find fault with them. I included a few pictures but I really suck at taking pictures of diamonds.

This way, I get to keep my smaller studs and enjoy both of them instead of having to trade them in.

816FBE3F-BD52-4151-80A2-5BD79A73DB3F.jpeg 30EDF0FA-3A4C-4B33-A350-5F1A9D8C4A85.jpeg

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
After mulling over my upgrade options this weekend, I sent an email to IDJ and asked them how much a pair of 1tcw and 1.20tcw would be. I’ve bought studs from there for my mom (among other things) and I loved them so I figured I might as well try. They sent back quotes for the two different sizes and they were way cheaper than WF or BGD (as they should be) and definitely within budget.

I ended up buying the 1.20tcw, because why not get the biggest you can afford? I ordered in Tuesday and they arrived today (Thursday)! I’ve never had a faster jewelry purchase. While they may not be as perfect as my smaller BGD studs, they are amazingly sparkly, icy white, and beautiful. I really can’t find fault with them. I included a few pictures but I really suck at taking pictures of diamonds.

This way, I get to keep my smaller studs and enjoy both of them instead of having to trade them in.

816FBE3F-BD52-4151-80A2-5BD79A73DB3F.jpeg 30EDF0FA-3A4C-4B33-A350-5F1A9D8C4A85.jpeg

They’re beautiful! I bought one of my earring studs from them since I used an existing stone that I already had. It’s a fireball, 1.09 F VS2 GIA triple x....

I have the opposite dilemma.... mine are 2.15 tcw and I want a smaller pair.... if you ever decide to sell your .80tcw let me know.

Enjoy! =)2

Iola80

Rough_Rock

Beautiful

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My little OEC studs from @Ontheblackrock15 (thank you!!!) - I love them! They are very sparkly, ~3.8mm, ~0.5ctw H SI2/I1 set in platinum

I was looking for a daily pair - was originally shooting for ~1ctw, but decided to focus on other projects first this year, so these will tide me over just fine!

IMG-5002.jpg

IMG-4996.jpg

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My little OEC studs from @Ontheblackrock15 (thank you!!!) - I love them! They are very sparkly, ~3.8mm, ~0.5ctw H SI2/I1 set in platinum

I was looking for a daily pair - was originally shooting for ~1ctw, but decided to focus on other projects first this year, so these will tide me over just fine!

IMG-5002.jpg

IMG-4996.jpg

YAY! They look great on you!!! So glad they went to a good home :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding my OEC studs.

oecstudshiking.png

And a real life perspective shot.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 3.28.03 PM.png

They are approximately 4.52 ctw Edwardian old cut european diamonds in their original setting.
Measurements are:
8.61 - 8.64 x 4.87 mm
8.56 - 8.58 x 4.85 mm

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Adding my OEC studs.

oecstudshiking.png

They are approximately 4.52 ctw Edwardian old cut european diamonds in their original setting.
Measurements are:
8.61 - 8.64 x 4.87 mm
8.56 - 8.58 x 4.85 mm

I just LOVE these earrings. Thanks for sharing such terrific photos and details. Wear them well and enjoy!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Adding my OEC studs.

oecstudshiking.png

Measurements are:
8.61 - 8.64 x 4.87 mm
8.56 - 8.58 x 4.85 mm

Absolutely love them

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
04894F7D-E5FD-4410-AF33-D1BF869C4DA7.jpeg
I recently put in earrings in all of my piercings, which I haven’t done in about 20 years. I blame it on lock down boredom :)

.50 tcw studs in first hole, and regular sterling silver ball studs in second hole, with tiny 1mm crystal piercing studs from my daughter’s ear piercing at 4 months old!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I had David Klass create new a new setting for my studs. I already had these diamonds set as studs, but the setting was poor and the earring didn’t sit flush to my ear and drooped. Basically I needed a large back on the setting because I have stretched out lobes. My diamonds are each just under a carat. These are not ideal diamonds- they are not certified, but they are fine for me. This new setting is so comfortable- I cannot even tell the earrings are in. 7AE0A3C5-4253-49EE-A11E-04B4F751E638.png D6344013-E656-45B9-85C5-6B4D8D88FBD6.png

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

Sorry you have the DSS but Ive had it several times lol

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
@lihoo
i think they look fabulous on you!! nope, not "too huge", at all. well done in selecting top of colorless, d color and vvs clarity!! solid choice of 4 prong classic basket settings, as well. a round of applause for you:clap:

Perfect size

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results