shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great thread! Thanks for starting this diamondseeker2006. I've been agonizing over a pair of studs for over a year now. Does anyone know of s thread on PS for alternative diamond studs...moissanite, Diamond Nexus? I've been considering going that route.

There’s a thread on them that I commented on a few days ago if you check my post history.

BellaGBoo

Rough_Rock
A0226FA6-1257-4CD7-B2B5-EE74F9CA2BB3.jpeg 03AD8E85-EA40-482E-86A3-BB8F038AA3AE.jpeg 259C9F69-9F8D-4B00-BDED-67BC39F78798.jpeg After almost 48 years, I finally have my first pair of quality diamond studs! I can’t wait to try and take some good pictures of them. For now, here are perspective shots!

GIA
.70/each
J
SI2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
5.66 - 5.69 x 3.56 mm

Kitten_Sparkles

Rough_Rock
I am terrified to own diamond studs (for losing them), but now I desperately want some!

I always seem to misplace a cheap earring. How do you keep them in?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am terrified to own diamond studs (for losing them), but now I desperately want some!

LaPousette backs. They lock on the post to prevent the earrings from being lost. Other people like jumbo backs as they have a lot of friction and don’t slide easily, but I’ve found my LaPousette backs locked at the end of my posts often enough to be grateful I’d chosen them!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I used to be terrible with chapsticks - I’d lose them usually within a matter of hours, days at the most... Then I started buying $10 chapsticks - I haven’t lost a single one since.

I also used to be terrible with mittens - I’d buy three pairs of the cheapest pairs possible and routinely end the season with three Lefts... I finally ponied up for a decent pair to wear to work and I’m on my third winter with them.

If your issue is your own carelessness (this is my problem!) well, the more something hurt my purse the more careful I am with it, so I don’t worry about losing fine jewellery! If your trouble is keeping them in your ears La Pousette backs like @ILikeShiny suggested are a good idea; jumbo backs work well as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have had studs for years with regular backs and have never lost one. But I never worry about it anyway because I insure my studs as well as my main engagement ring since they are my most worn pieces. And when I take them off, they ONLY go back in their box. Same with the ring...I have a crystal ring dish and never take them off without putting them there, so nothing ever can be lost since it goes back where it belongs.

Kitten_Sparkles

Rough_Rock
LaPousette backs. They lock on the post to prevent the earrings from being lost. Other people like jumbo backs as they have a lot of friction and don’t slide easily, but I’ve found my LaPousette backs locked at the end of my posts often enough to be grateful I’d chosen them!!!
Thank you for the advice. I have been looking at these now. Do they make them in precious metals? I have a bad reaction to nickel and other kinds of alloys (I don't know all of them). Even "hypo allergenic" metals cause blisters.

Kitten_Sparkles

Rough_Rock
I used to be terrible with chapsticks - I’d lose them usually within a matter of hours, days at the most... Then I started buying $10 chapsticks - I haven’t lost a single one since.

I also used to be terrible with mittens - I’d buy three pairs of the cheapest pairs possible and routinely end the season with three Lefts... I finally ponied up for a decent pair to wear to work and I’m on my third winter with them.

If your issue is your own carelessness (this is my problem!) well, the more something hurt my purse the more careful I am with it, so I don’t worry about losing fine jewellery! If your trouble is keeping them in your ears La Pousette backs like @ILikeShiny suggested are a good idea; jumbo backs work well as well.

Haha, good point. They just come out on me. I think if take very good care and be cautious with them. I don't want to worry. I think I'd be checking for them, putting my icky fingerprints on them constantly if i werent confident.

Kitten_Sparkles

Rough_Rock
I have had studs for years with regular backs and have never lost one. But I never worry about it anyway because I insure my studs as well as my main engagement ring since they are my most worn pieces. And when I take them off, they ONLY go back in their box. Same with the ring...I have a crystal ring dish and never take them off without putting them there, so nothing ever can be lost since it goes back where it belongs.
I like this. I didn't consider insuring the earrings, since my insurance company told me they do special item coverage on jewelry appraised over $5,000 only. Also I didn't realize insurance covered lost jewelry too. That's reassuring.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the advice. I have been looking at these now. Do they make them in precious metals? I have a bad reaction to nickel and other kinds of alloys (I don't know all of them). Even "hypo allergenic" metals cause blisters.
I believe they’re available in the most common metals (gold, platinum, etc). I don’t know about nickel composition.

FWIW, I chose them because my earrings would come out just taking off shirts and sweaters. It wasn’t that I was being careless... I was just living my normal life. So I get where your worry comes from.

Kitten_Sparkles

Rough_Rock
I believe they’re available in the most common metals (gold, platinum, etc). I don’t know about nickel composition.

FWIW, I chose them because my earrings would come out just taking off shirts and sweaters. It wasn’t that I was being careless... I was just living my normal life. So I get where your worry comes from.
Yes. I've had this experience with my earrings

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
B56747C4-AE68-48D5-ACEC-6D00027CA56D.jpeg
Ear shots are terribly hard. I’ve had these .75 tcw studs for about 3 years. My husband bought them locally even though I had been planting seeds of WF ACAs. He waited until the last minute and needed them immediately. But they are a great everyday size for me. I would like to eventually upgrade to 1.5 tcw.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful on you unsettled!

I got these for Christmas - 1.81 tcw GIA H SI 1 excellent cut from Blue Nile

IMG_1353.JPG IMG_7093.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

Gorgeous, @junebug17 - and your hair looks faboosh!! Happy new year to you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mrs b! I’m enjoying them - Happy New Year to you as well!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much ac117! =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful on you unsettled!

I got these for Christmas - 1.81 tcw GIA H SI 1 excellent cut from Blue Nile

IMG_1353.JPG IMG_7093.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

WOTTTT???? Me loves!!!! Looks fabu on you girl....and we could be haircut twins!!! LOLS

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOTTTT???? Me loves!!!! Looks fabu on you girl....and we could be haircut twins!!! LOLS

cheers--Sharon

Thanks Sharon! Lol to being twins - am loving my short hair! easier to see my sparklies haha!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning @junebug, the perfect size in your ears :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Austina! :kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Maisie!! =)

Q

Queenie60

Love your beautiful studs Junebug. They look great - enjoy wearing them.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
For anyone on a smaller budget here are my ID jewelry bezel set .30 ctw diamond studs. So each diamond is .15 ct. I took ringo's advice and called them and requested pricescope quality and am very happy i did so, these earrings are very lively amd flashy.
On to some pictures. Please ignore my messy hair, its just kind of wild always. 20180118_162523.jpg 20180118_162707.jpg 20180118_162726.jpg

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!
FM

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone on a smaller budget here are my ID jewelry bezel set .30 ctw diamond studs. So each diamond is .15 ct. I took ringo's advice and called them and requested pricescope quality and am very happy i did so, these earrings are very lively amd flashy.
On to some pictures. Please ignore my messy hair, its just kind of wild always. 20180118_162523.jpg 20180118_162707.jpg 20180118_162726.jpg

Sabrina, they look SO pretty on you! Love the bezel settings too! Congrats and enjoy them!

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug17 I'm really happy with them :) It was so kind of you to compliment them though, i appreciate it!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock

Those are very pretty Sabrina, I like the bezel setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results