shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Diamond Cluster Rings!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a cluster ring anymore but mrs-b! Do you have an earrings project in the works?? (sorry to hijack) I am dying over your new avatar and would love details on those stones and how you sourced them! Those are going to be so perfect and I want to copy!
earpair8.jpg
Hi Sandy - and sorry for the threadjack, Missy!
These are already earrings (attaching a photo below) but - as it turns out - I'm getting a pair of cluster earrings (hopefully) tomorrow, which will also be making an appearance in this thread. :dance: Both the drop earrings and the ones I'm having made are by DK. The pave hooks at the top of the drop earrings have since been shortened a little (3 stones worth, I believe) and the proportions now are even better.

But...CLUSTER EARRINGS COMING TOMORROW! ::D

Sorry - ETA - all stones sourced individually through Blue Nile - a painstaking process that took me over a year - except for the small rounds between the larger stones, which are H&A stones from GOG. DK sourced the melee on the hooks.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Catmom! LOVE your cluster rings. All TDF Gorgeous!:love:

Austina, LOVE your great aunt's cluster ring. Beautiful!:love:

Catmom, your cluster rings are gorgeous!!! They are so my style, and not only are the settings amazing but the CS's are so beautiful as well!

Austina, your cluster ring is amazing!!! :love: SO cool it's from the 20's, and I love that flower shape, I wish mine had a more pronounced flower look.

Thanks guys! I love a good cluster ring, lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG Snowdrop!!!! Thank you!!! This is IT! My dream cluster ring!!! :love::love::love:
Perfect size, perfect shape, perfect cluster ring IMO.
I am no longer in the market for one though.:blackeye: I have switched gears and right now am holding strong. BUT I am soooo tempted. Someone needs to buy this one ASAP. Just gorgeous!

earpair8.jpg
These are already earrings (attaching a photo below) but - as it turns out - I'm getting a pair of cluster earrings (hopefully) tomorrow, which will also be making an appearance in this thread. :dance: Both the drop earrings and the ones I'm having made are by DK. The pave hooks at the top of the drop earrings have since been shortened a little (3 stones worth, I believe) and the proportions now are even better.

Sorry - ETA - all stones sourced individually through Blue Nile - a painstaking process that took me over a year - except for the small rounds between the larger stones, which are H&A stones from GOG. DK sourced the melee on the hooks.

mrs-b, Wow! LOVE these earrings!!! Please threadjack away!:appl: These earrings are amazing!
And I cannot wait to see your cluster earrings!:love::appl:

Catmom, me too!:love:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
earpair8.jpg

Thank you!! Love those - off to hunt for some baby diamonds!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3717.JPG

Sorry about the poor picture. I fell in love with this ring three or four years ago when JBEG first listed it, but it was a bit rich for my blood, especiallly since I had just bought my JM right hand ring.

A month or two ago I happened to be up and at my computer in the wee hours of the morning of my birthday when I saw that I had received an email from Jewels By Grace. It was the big sale announcement, and there was my ring… now offered at a price I would consider paying for it. Plus it was my birthday - how could I possibly resist? So it's mine now. :)) I have to admit that it rarely makes it out of the safe, but that's OK. I enjoy just having it, and when the right occasion comes along, I'm ready!

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - I'm not sure if you want to see cluster earrings - but these are definitely cluster/flower earrings, so here they are - as part of my completed cluster set. Got them today from David Klass, made by his new uber-bench; they also have their own thread if anyone wants any more info on them. They're 3.12ctw, each 12.5mm across. All stones H & A, F-H color. The ring is a 7.1mm sapphire cut by Andrew Gulij, set by Steven Kirsch in 2.08ctw of E VS2 H&A diamonds. The Pendant is a mish-mash. I colored OEC center, G-H colored rb's. The depth perspective is misleading; the ring is 17mm + across, and the ring is about 16mm+. Together, I think they're AWESOME! :D

20170408_143249-2-2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - I'm not sure if you want to see cluster earrings - but these are definitely cluster/flower earrings, so here they are - as part of my completed cluster set. Got them today from David Klass, made by his new uber-bench; they also have their own thread if anyone wants any more info on them. They're 3.12ctw, each 12.5mm across. All stones H & A, F-H color. The ring is a 7.1mm sapphire cut by Andrew Gulij, set by Steven Kirsch in 2.08ctw of E VS2 H&A diamonds. The Pendant is a mish-mash. I colored OEC center, G-H colored rb's. The depth perspective is misleading; the ring is 17mm + across, and the ring is about 16mm+. Together, I think they're AWESOME! :D

20170408_143249-2-2.jpg

Yes I do and yes they are Awesome!!!:love::love::love:
Thank you for sharing them here! And all I can say is THUD!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3717.JPG

Sorry about the poor picture. I fell in love with this ring three or four years ago when JBEG first listed it, but it was a bit rich for my blood, especiallly since I had just bought my JM right hand ring.

A month or two ago I happened to be up and at my computer in the wee hours of the morning of my birthday when I saw that I had received an email from Jewels By Grace. It was the big sale announcement, and there was my ring… now offered at a price I would consider paying for it. Plus it was my birthday - how could I possibly resist? So it's mine now. :)) I have to admit that it rarely makes it out of the safe, but that's OK. I enjoy just having it, and when the right occasion comes along, I'm ready!

Wow, gorgeous!!!:love: And Happy Birthday!!! More pics please?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks so much Missy! I don't mind at all - I think it probably could be considered a cluster ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Sharon, what a gorgeous ring!! :love: Amazing color, a very special piece!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD.:kiss:
Sharon that is GORGEOUS! Please share hand shots. I LOVE this ring. Bluetiful in every way.:love:

Thank you Missy. You are always so generous with your time and comments. It will probably take me another year to take hand shots!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Sharon, what a gorgeous ring!! :love: Amazing color, a very special piece!

Miss JuneB--thank you...I too think it is 'sumpin.:saint:

cheers--Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon it's stunning and looks so beautiful on your hand!!! Thank you for the hand shot! :appl:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sharon - OMG, this is one of the most stunning sapphire rings I've ever seen! More pictures please, pretty please with sugar on top :appl:. Yours and Acinom's are tied for my holy grail sapphire colour.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, OMG GORGEOUS!!!! So funny because we are on the same wavelength. I just this moment requested more pics of your gorgeous ring in the NIRDI thread and I had no idea you posted more pics of your beautiful ring here! Thank you so much!! Just AMAZING ring!!!! BLUETIFUL!!!!!:love::love::love:
And I think your hands are gorgeous too!:love::appl:

Hand shot as requested by Missy. eyiyiyi old hands!

may8.1.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I am adding my newest blingy addition. My cluster ring by Adam. The OECs are G/H color (center OEC is .88 I believe) and VS clarity and super chunky. The diameter is about 14.5mm. The ring shank and anything touching my skin is platinum and the rest of it is rose gold and silver that has been blackened for antique effect.

The ring IRL is very bright, white and chunky with super crisp faceting. Adam hand picked the center stone for me and took apart a pendant and replaced the center diamond to make this ring for me. I really love this ring and thank everyone here for sharing photos of their rings in this thread.

Additional thoughts. Ideally I was going to wear it on my right hand middle finger as an every day ring. But I realized yesterday that it isn't that comfortable to wear on my right hand at work. So I will wear it on the middle finger when I am not using my right hand as often (i.e. at work) and occasionally wear it on the left hand index finger. Yes it is a lot of bling when worn with Bea and perhaps it does compete a bit with Bea but I think she can and does hold her own. Even against a whiter OEC. And I am OK with the look either way though yes I prefer the look on the right hand middle finger I think it works both ways.

beavsclustershowdown.jpg

clusterandbeanice.jpg

middlefingerclusterringpic.jpg

clusterbyadamresizedformiddlefingerlefthand.jpg

indexfingerclustersobright.jpg

and no photo journal would be complete for me if I didn't include HRH Francesca enjoying her new crown. :lol::halo:

hrhfrancescawearingherclustercrown.jpg

The chunky monkey profile.

profileofresizedclusterbyadam.jpg
and profile at work under fluorescent lighting.

profileclusteratwork.jpg

and one last photo from yesterday at work. An extreme close up. Even under the awful fluorescent lighting that doesn't flatter anything or anyone I think it looks pretty special. Of course I may be biased.:oops2:

closeupfacetingcluster.jpg

And a HUGE thank you to Adam @oldworlddiamonds. He really is a doll. So patient and thorough and he really wants to make his customers happy. From the bottom of my heart a big big thank you to him because without him I would never have had this gorgeous diamond cluster ring. He suffered endless emails from me and constant communication and always so gracious and kind and lovely and attentive. Really doesn't get better than that. And the quality is just amazing and the diamonds breathtaking. Thank you Adam!!!

And thank you PSers for so generously and graciously sharing your beautiful cluster rings and thoughts with me in this thread. I appreciate all of you so much! (((HUGS))).

And I sure hope more of you will continue sharing here because I really enjoy seeing the gorgeous diamond cluster rings and I am betting many other PSers enjoy seeing them too!:appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring! That setting is amazing! I love oxidized settings - the diamonds LEAP out at you!

Congratulations - it's a beauty!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO gorgeous Missy!!! :love::love::love: What an absolutely beautiful cluster ring, the diamonds are amazing, so bright and white, and I really love the setting! It's a stunner and looks perfect on you! :appl::dance:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, missy! I blame YOU for this!!

This thread got me looking at my clusters. And then I took that FATAL photo of my three cluster pieces together. And then I saw how different the pendant looked....

So last week I bought a new 1.15ct eye clean I SI2 Ascendancy stone from GOG to put in the middle, claw set, so I could get rid of the bezel.

Oh - but it didn't stop there, did it!! Oh no!

Before doing this, I took a close look at the 8 surrounding diamonds, to make sure they were good enough to match the new Ascendancy stone....

They weren't.

So NOW, the pendant has been pulled apart, and I'm in the process of buying 8 new 20 point G/H VS/SI triple ex stones! How did this happen??!

It's going to take me a few months to save up for these, and then for the setting. But when it's done, it should be AWESOME and super sparkly! I'll be sure to add it to this thread when it's done. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you mrs-b, Junie and lissyflo!

Well, missy! I blame YOU for this!!

This thread got me looking at my clusters. And then I took that FATAL photo of my three cluster pieces together. And then I saw how different the pendant looked....

So last week I bought a new 1.15ct eye clean I SI2 Ascendancy stone from GOG to put in the middle, claw set, so I could get rid of the bezel.

Oh - but it didn't stop there, did it!! Oh no!

Before doing this, I took a close look at the 8 surrounding diamonds, to make sure they were good enough to match the new Ascendancy stone....

They weren't.

So NOW, the pendant has been pulled apart, and I'm in the process of buying 8 new 20 point G/H VS/SI triple ex stones! How did this happen??!

It's going to take me a few months to save up for these, and then for the setting. But when it's done, it should be AWESOME and super sparkly! I'll be sure to add it to this thread when it's done. :appl:

Hahaha I gladly accept responsibility for more AWESOME BLINGY Jewels!!! So excited for you and I cannot wait!:appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One good thing to come out of the process - the original pendant had an OEC in it. It has a chip on the girdle, so I'm having it re-cut. I'm not sure what that will leave me with, but I'm hoping at least a half ct I-colored stone with high clarity. No idea how I'll use it, but it should be pretty.

Also hoping I might have 3 side stones which are still useable, so I'll only need to buy 5 more. This thing had better be something special when it's done!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0766.JPG I love all the rings on this thread! I thought I'd add mine to the list, although it's very small in comparison! I was holding out for something around the 1.5 tcw but I'm not very patient. This one popped up on Etsy and when I got it home and sized I was quite delighted with it. It's nice and flat and easy to wear. It's also in very good condition despite being nearly 100........

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results