shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Diamond Bracelets!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine.

8 carats TW - each stone approx. .20-.25 c.
bracelet was purchased originally represented as G/H VS stones. Sold to me as guaranteed minimum K/L/M - SI1 stones. Quick appraisal to verify diamonds & minimal quality - color - probably somewhere in the middle between the two & clarity is pretty clean.

Aside from the carat prescence, the most remarkable thing about the bracelet is it's provenance. The bracelet belonged to a women that accidently shot her husband 5 or 6 times. She is approximately my age & according to the dealer (an acquaintance of her's)similar to me. I'm into karma of pieces. This one is odd. Yeah, kinda morbid considering the women is serving a life sentence - but more importantly it kinda gives me patience to not sweat the small stuff & makes me realize how blessed I am. It is a gift to me from me - used my own money. Even weider, I saw the dealer a few months after & the women was really happy w/ the "home" the bracelet found.

I got an exceptional deal & like the setting. The quality of the setting is exceptonal. But, if I sought to buy such bracelet, I probably would buy something more classic - and may have bought w/ some sapphires. BTW, I wear it every occassion - casual w/ jeans & turtleneck & fine evening wear. For the most part, line bracelets are considered cross over wear.

I've enjoyed this thread. So many pretty bracelets! And so many different styles.

1brace.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I sure like all of the bracelets I've seen so far...my fav must be Aljdewey's - love that everyday look, but with a twist. Mara, I don't know why you are apologising for that lovely bracelet! It looks great. F&I, what a story for that honker bracelet. How many points per stone is that? About 15-17?
10.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/19/2004 12:03:38 PM caratgirl wrote:

F&I, what a story for that honker bracelet. How many points per stone is that? About 15-17?
10.gif
----------------

They are between approx 20 -25 points each. Currently, the bracelet has 30 diamonds. It began life w/ 32. So, the stones are probably closer to 25 points each.

Also, I am surprised that you all don't wear the bracelets in every day life. All of my friends do. Most are classic line bracelets.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
Holy smokes
6.gif

F&I, *that* is beautiful!
love.gif
Yes, and interesting background too.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/19/2004 12:46:25 PM fire&ice wrote:

----------------

Also, I am surprised that you all don't wear the bracelets in every day life. All of my friends do. Most are classic line bracelets.
----------------

mmmm. . .this thread HAS gotten my mind working
1.gif
lol Reason I've never even bothered to look at bracelets is mostly due to my wrists being very tiny. Everything looks too "heavy" on me. The diamond by the yards would look nice, though
love.gif

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CaratG...I actually love my bracelet, but it was so easy to differentiate casual vs more fancy now that I have my e-ring. My e-ring is so sparkly and shiny and gets so many looks that my bracelet is just shown up, hands down...hee hee. Also I can't really wear the bracelet with evening wear...it looks too casual (maybe because of the matte white gold). Hence wanting to get something else...which will probably be adapted into everyday wear over time.
2.gif
Who knows. To be really honest, bracelet is probably the last on my list in terms of 'adornment'...I am not a watch person or wrist jewelry type person...so I'd probably go for other items on my 'list' first then the bracelet upgrade.
2.gif

Love all the bracelets! Have to say Leota's is my fave...it's very unique and 12cts wow.
2.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/19/2004 1:27:26 AM valeria101 wrote:

Oh Kayla! I am seriously in love with the 'by the yard' design... that's where my little blue earrings come from. The breacelet (there is one with lots of sapphires) is still somewhere among my plans, but their model is 1/3 longer than I can use. I even thought of buying one and having it made wearable as a short chain, but gave up. It was nice to hear that Leota did not hesitate to cut the extra length of her bracelet, I guess that's the way to go, otherwise I'll never be wearing one
11.gif
----------------

Hi Valeria,
It's funny that you should mention the sapphire bracelet because I want that one too!!! It is so pretty and delicate.
As far as resizing or shortening the bracelet, they will do it for you. The original length of the one I have was 7.0 inches, but it was shortened by the original owner to 6.5 inches at Tiffany's. I also had a silver bracelet that I bought for my sister in law there, and it was kind of loose and I brought it back and they removed some links.
When I first saw my bracelet on the SP website, I knew I wanted it, but I wasn't sure if it would fit me, so I stopped by the city to take a look at it, rather than having them mail it to me.
The 6.5 length fit me perfectly, so I guess it was meant to be.
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
What a fun post to "come back" to ... my little dog has been really sick but he is on the mend finally... We've had a really bad week; Ijust now have time to have some fun here...

Here is my contribution: 6 ct channel-set tennis bracelet, F-G, VS2. Gift for 30th B-day May 2003. 7 inches. I wear it any time I feel like it.
1.gif

Tennisonwrist.1.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
A close up.
9.gif

tennis.closeup.1.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara,
I love your bracelet. I was thinking of buying something like that, too, before I got the one I have. It certainly looks bigger than .50ctw.
Bracelets are low on my "list" too, but lately I have been craving a larger ct. wt. one badly, like I really need one!
2.gif

F&I,
That is beautiful. Yet another style that I have to keep in mind when I buy the ONE!!!

Aljdewey,
Very nice and very different from the others.

I guess diamond studs are always diamond studs, but with bracelets, our individual personalities really come into play!!! The uniqueness of each piece represents how different every single one of us are.

Okay, what am I talking about? I don't have a PHd.
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pretty bangle in a 14K yellow gold set I have had for a while, with matching necklace & earrings... i think the bangle (which is the largest) is 1.5 ct, the earrings almost 2ct total, and the necklace just about 1 ct. All are G-H, VS2-SI1. The bangle especially is very heavy...almost 30 grams of gold. It is my favorite piece in the set.
1.gif

Gold.wave.set.1.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to add...Everyone has such lovely & unique bracelets...Kayla's sentiments are right on.

Leota: WOW is all i can say/write about that 12 ct stunner!

But then again, I don't have a PhD either...
2.gif

..couldn't resist.
9.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
wow! Very different designs~ And each peice is unique and different. The bangle is nice.. totally different feel!

Mara, your bracelet is very similar to one I got when bf and I first got together. Except I think my stones are even smaller. There's no appraisal or report for that one. I still wear it every now and then. It was my first jewlery piece when we first got together... I remember when I used to put it on I would be soooo careful not to bang it or get an scratches on it. It still looks very new. I really took good care of that piece.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Your bracelet is beautiful, F&I, and what an interesting story. I like jewelry with a history, and that is certainly a juicy one. Did you get all the details about the woman and why she "accidentally" shot her husband? I'd have to tell that story to every person who complimented me on the bracelet -- heehee.
9.gif

Everyone's bracelets are so beautiful and all so different. Keep the pictures coming!

Diamondlil

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/19/2004 2:30:08 AM Leota wrote:

Al, your bracelet design is very unique as well! Geez.. I just love everything I see! That's a very nice everyday piece too....
1.gif

----------------

Yeah, and that's actually what I liked most about it. I have NEVER seen anyone else wear this....and one of the girls I work with is TOTALLY jealous. She wants a round/baguette bracelet, and likes that this one isn't run-of-the-mill.

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Oh how gorgeous everyones bracelets are....sigh. I had a GORGEOUS one for a whole year,,then went to see The Lion King and by the time I got home,,GONE...worst thing was hubby had purchased it on a no intrest, no payment for 1 year deal and the payment for it was due that week....DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH,,,,he was crushed and refuses to by me another....working on a diamond bangle though instead...hehe.
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I've never been big on bracelets b/c my wrists are so skinny, but you all have some gorgeous ones. My hubby wanted to buy me a beautiful sapphire/diamond bracelet that we saw at the International gem and jewelry show last fall but I wanted to wait b/c I knew I'd be wanting to something big for our 25th anniversary and I wasn't sure that I wanted the bracelet for that.

Jennifer, I'm glad your pup is on the mend. I see your new avatar and he's (she's?) darling! (We finally got a new monitor so I can see black dogs now!)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Patty. I just PM'd you about the pup.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/19/2004 4:32:30 PM diamondlil wrote:

Your bracelet is beautiful, F&I, and what an interesting story. I like jewelry with a history, and that is certainly a juicy one. Did you get all the details about the woman and why she 'accidentally' shot her husband? I'd have to tell that story to every person who complimented me on the bracelet -- heehee.
9.gif

quote]

Yeah, I did get the gory details. There were news reports on it. Very tragic indeed. But, to resort to murder, she had to have something very wrong with her at the core. Bottom line from what I gleaned is that they divorced after over a decade of marriage & a prominent priviledged lifestyle. Something about the alimony or child support that would end her lifestyle as she knew it. He was about to remarry. She snapped. She had quite a bit of heavy hittin jewelry. She had a gold Presidential Rolex, a 2.85c diamond solitaire pendant (good looking stone) & some various other status stuff. She was selling to put into trust for her daughter. I couldn't pass on the deal. It's unusual to find a diamond bracelet with each stone this size - and yes, I do tell people (not the casual observer) the story behind it. It's fun to see their reaction. Would have prefered white gold; but, at the time I wore a gold Cartier watch that I wore the bracelet with on the same hand. I don't wear it as much anymore. BTW, diamondlil, I love the gold/white gold combo. Always have.

Goes to show that great jewelry doesn't equate to great happiness. And a facade is sometimes just that - a facade.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
this is a bangle, that my mum bought as a present for me, from about 6-7 years back. i dont know any of the specs but the diamonds r tiny.
5.gif

cheapo.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI guys,
I've been looking for a bracelet to go with the amethyst set that I have and haven't found anything really nice.
I finally found something very similar, but with sapphires and little bezel set diamonds, similar to the earrings, but when I asked the person if they could set it with amethysts instead, they wanted over $1000, which I thought was too much.
Yesterday, I was at Macy's and found this bracelet!!!!
It has semi-bezel set amethysts alternating with bezel set diamonds, and the diamonds are exactly set like the ones in the earrings!! The amethysts in the bracelet are a little bit lighter than the earrings, but that's okay.
The best part of all, it was only $166. I even went back to the first store and showed them the bracelet and they couldn't believe how cheap it was!!
2.gif

116_1663 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HEre is a closer picture!
2.gif

116_1660 (2).JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla,

What a great deal! Enjoy your set
1.gif

Michelle

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Michelle, now if only someone would invite me to a party.
2.gif
naughty.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just thought I'd add my bracelets to the beautiful collection already posted on this thread.

The smaller one is 6.5 TW (.16s each) F-G/VS1 in a three-prong mounting.

The larger one is 10.5 TW (11.5 TW if std 7") (.33s each)
G-H/VS2-SI1 in a modified four-prong mounting purchased from Wink.
The bracelet is hand assembled and contains "machine cut H&A stones from Isreal" per Wink's vendor.

I now wear the larger one on a daily basis and will wear both on special ocassions
(some of the PS members urged me to do this even though I felt it was too flashy).

small _both bracelets.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kitty Tiger, your bracelet is absolutely drop dead gorgeous
appl.gif

It is one of the most beautiful bracelets I have seen to date.
The design is so intricate and unique.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
CF your bracelets are gorgeous, but i had originally decided to respond to this thread because of KittyTiger's bracelet...love the uniqueness of your bracelet, all your threads (and your mom's) that have been dug up the last couple of days are spectacular, just breathtaking...
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Cflutist, Kberly

Thanks for the compliments on the bracelet!!

1.gif
1.gif
So many beautiful jewelery on this site isn't there?

Maryam

Rough_Rock
What do you think about a diamond bracelet that has the following specs: 14-kt. White Gold Diamond Bracelet (2.03 TW)

The trellis design in 14-karat white gold holds 52 sparkling diamonds (2.03 total carat weight, F-G color, I-1 clarity) in round settings. The bracelet closes with a safety pressure clasp.

Will it be okay in the I-1 clarity?

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay, wow--they're all gorgeous! (wow cflustist!)

but KITTYTIGER, MY WORD! i'm currently doing the backstroke in my own drool! i've never seen anything like that. it's amazing and looks perfect with your diamond band!

Edited to add: Would you be so kind as to tell me about your band as well? I really like the way it looks and I'm soon to be in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results