shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Sure! Here’s a bigger pic. If you think there’s interest I can take some pics today with rose and yellow gold and make a thread so people can see the difference. It’s pretty subtle, though.

F8123B9B-260F-4D85-B733-179145B4AD89.jpeg

Hi -yes! I believe it would be helpful. Something people could find in a search like "rose gold vs peach gold". There always lots of discussions about gold color options and peach gold has been mentioned before. I think it's beautiful and would love to see it next to yg and rg to compare.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Is Daniel M, Dan Moran of conciergediamonds on insta? Or completely different person?

voce

Ideal_Rock
@HollyC
Nope, different person. Daniel M is an artisan in Massachusetts. He only operates the Etsy store, and he does have insta, but is not affiliated with conciergediamonds.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
@HollyC
Nope, different person. Daniel M is an artisan in Massachusetts. He only operates the Etsy store, and he does have insta, but is not affiliated with conciergediamonds.

Oh thanks @voce that's what I thought but then I saw @lulu_ma's gorgeous anniversary ring on his Instagram and was confused.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Oh thanks @voce that's what I thought but then I saw @lulu_ma's gorgeous anniversary ring on his Instagram and was confused.

Did he make her ring? I haven't corresponded with him in quite a while, so it's possible it's the same person and I'm just unaware he has a business called conciergediamonds...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

@HollyC Daniel M in Massachusetts made my ring based on a reproduction of an original Art Deco setting from Estate Diamond Jewelry in NYC (I did have him clean up the design of the original repro).

Concierge Diamonds seems to be affiliated with EDJ as he has reposted a few of their rings...

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Splendid! Beautiful ring and magnificent glowy sapphire! I am dreaming of such a color constantly!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Not my ring. But I asked Jeff White to cut a rubellite for me since tourmaline is my birthstone and I always wanted to have a deep red stone. Both my dog and I had surgeries last fall so the budget was/is tight and I decided to give the stone to my daughter so she can make something beautiful for herself. She contacted Dan M, I am also taking credit for telling her who to contact 8-). Here are her pictures of her beautiful ring. She had said that I can borrow the ring any time but she goes somewhere almost every day and the ring is usually not available :D.
66.jpg 69.jpg 71 (2).jpg 44.jpg 69 (1).jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Daniel M just finished my pendant with my ~5 carat chrysoprase cabochon from Desertrose_gems on IG, and I love it!

I love the glowy, blue-green Marlborough chrysoprase...it is mesmerizing to me. I just got a great new job, so it was my gift to myself!

It's 14k brushed yellow gold, Daniel chose the design on the back

I have peach colored hair right now, so I love it with the green :razz:

IMG-6705.jpg

IMG-6704.jpg
IMG-6709.jpg

EC1D2126-7196-49A9-A03A-2EF7DD955BED.jpeg

Love that color! It reminds me of this glowy picture of the ocean I took off Newport Beach !

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Got this in my hands on Saturday! It exceeds my wildest imaginings and now I’m just kicking myself for choosing to do it with an amethyst instead of something harder!!

33CA3F72-FEAD-4A1D-BA06-5DF3D8DCA45C.jpeg ADA9AB5D-F1AC-4DDD-8175-3D6121E4CBD7.jpeg 9FEA4C86-3C9F-4DA6-ADF0-DF676ECD63F7.jpeg F0CD7E22-65AE-487B-830C-ADD6E4F554AC.jpeg E1F6094F-D09A-42DC-A77F-B80CC4583B1C.jpeg

This is so beautiful! Love the design! Don't kick yourself about the amethyst (I'm fond of them myself!) . You can always have Dan "switch out" the amethyst for another similar sized stone down the road. How about a purple spinel? They are more durable then amethyst and are very sparkly :)

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The color combo and design are magnificent! I agree that the amethyst could be swapped out later on, but it has pretty good protection in that setting, so you may be OK for quite a while. I've seen lots of vintage amethyst rings on Etsy that still look really good :)

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
The color combo and design are magnificent! I agree that the amethyst could be swapped out later on, but it has pretty good protection in that setting, so you may be OK for quite a while. I've seen lots of vintage amethyst rings on Etsy that still look really good :)
This is so beautiful! Love the design! Don't kick yourself about the amethyst (I'm fond of them myself!) . You can always have Dan "switch out" the amethyst for another similar sized stone down the road. How about a purple spinel? They are more durable then amethyst and are very sparkly :)

Thank you both! Honestly without the amethyst I wouldn’t have had the idea to do the ring in the first place, so it’s all good in the end. I don’t really believe in saving my jewelry for special occasions so I’m going to wear it and enjoy it and then deal with replacing it only if it ends up needing it.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Daniel M just finished my pendant with my ~5 carat chrysoprase cabochon from Desertrose_gems on IG, and I love it!
Oh my God the colour of this is stunning. I love it. You must get so may compliments. Reminds me of a beach in the Maldives

This is my Florida ring. The pink sapphire (unmentionable) and blue topaz remind me of happy sunset sails in the Keys.

That Sapphire made my heart skip a beat. This is gorgeous I love the colour combo
Just got my pics from Dan! I expect the colors to be somewhat brighter in real life, and I cannot wait to get this in my hot little hands.

The detail on this is incredible. Most of the items I have had made with Dan have been light on detail. Its amazing what he can do this is gorgeous
Dan just did this nice amethyst pendant for me (6.06 ct from uruguay cut by Jeff Davies)
Love love the colour of this amethyst. I was never a huge amethyst fan but have lately found myself coveting some of the ones Jeff has cut. I am sure I won't be able to resist much longer

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God the colour of this is stunning. I love it. You must get so may compliments. Reminds me of a beach in the Maldives

That Sapphire made my heart skip a beat. This is gorgeous I love the colour combo

The detail on this is incredible. Most of the items I have had made with Dan have been light on detail. Its amazing what he can do this is gorgeous

Love love the colour of this amethyst. I was never a huge amethyst fan but have lately found myself coveting some of the ones Jeff has cut. I am sure I won't be able to resist much longer

You are so sweet! Honestly, none of my friends give a hoot about jewelry, but I've worn it to nearly every video call I have had with work anyways :tongue:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Dan made me a platinum crown setting for my blue sapphire. I love it.

OMG I can't even look at the setting as my eyes won't move from the colour of that sapphire. Where did you get that fabulous stone :)
Not my ring. But I asked Jeff White to cut a rubellite for me since tourmaline is my birthstone and I always wanted to have a deep red stone

This is beautiful. It has a very vintage old world feel its stunning.

Honestly I have so much to catch up on in here. I have missed so many gorgeous jewels.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
You are so sweet! Honestly, none of my friends give a hoot about jewelry, but I've worn it to nearly every video call I have had with work anyways :tongue:

I sometimes wish I didn't give a hoot about jewellery I am pretty sure this piece could change your friends minds.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Dan has sent the pics of my name and diamond ivy ring. I love it so much I can't wait to see it in person. I dont have small hands so I am hoping its delicate look won't look off my on finger.

Namya Ivy ring 4.jpg Namya Ivy ring 2.jpg Namya Ivy ring 1.jpg Nayma ivy ring.jpg

He also did a pendant which is a 16th birthday gift for my daughter. We did a Mother Daughter trip to Sri Lanka and she chose the stone from a gem merchant in Kandy. I am sure I could have gotten it done or even purchased something in store cheaper but it has meaning for us both and I love that she has her own Dan M piece.

Evie Pendant.jpg Evie pendant 2.jpg Evie pendant 1.jpg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I had Dan make this for my sister for her upcoming birthday. A sisters " toi y moi" . (Her birthstone is ruby, mine is emerald).
She loves two tone and rose gold, opals and rosecuts. I was worried this was too much going on in one ring, but it is just beautiful on the hand. Emeralds, rubies, a rosecut grey spinel and a semi-black/grey base Coober Pedy opal in rose gold and silver.
20210706_204938.jpg 20210706_180727.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. I love everyone’s projects above and they look wonderful but I’m still getting almost no comms from Dan. I got an email basically blaming Etsy for no response for almost 3 months and a promise of CADS then silence again… :rolleyes: I’ve paid a deposit and honestly I’m a bit miffed. At the point where I’m almost ready to give up and demand stones & money back!:wall:

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Sigh. I love everyone’s projects above and they look wonderful but I’m still getting almost no comms from Dan. I got an email basically blaming Etsy for no response for almost 3 months and a promise of CADS then silence again… :rolleyes: I’ve paid a deposit and honestly I’m a bit miffed. At the point where I’m almost ready to give up and demand stones & money back!:wall:

Sorry to hear. I have been in the exact same boat as you are. Do you think you can continue being patient? He will get it done eventually. Once it's done then you can decide whether the longer timeframe is worth it for next time. Mine took maybe 4-5 months, and I was given a few questionable reasons for the delays too. I hope he realises that it's far better to be upfront and say he's backlogged with projects than have customers question his integrity. I would still use him again, but not if in a rush.
I hope you get some updates on your project soon!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@GliderPoss I've been waiting since February for a pendant from him. I paid the deposit in January, sent four stones, and he finished all but this one project. In late February he said he was "wrapping it up" and he says that every month when I ask about it. :wall: I even gave him an out if he didn't want to do it, but since he said he was about done with the drawing, I sent another stone for him to make another pendant. That was in early March, and I only hear something if I message him.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@GliderPoss I've been waiting since February for a pendant from him. I paid the deposit in January, sent four stones, and he finished all but this one project. In late February he said he was "wrapping it up" and he says that every month when I ask about it. :wall: I even gave him an out if he didn't want to do it, but since he said he was about done with the drawing, I sent another stone for him to make another pendant. That was in early March, and I only hear something if I message him.

This is so bizarre that some things are fast and others not. He just finished up something for me and it was about a month, but it was a simple solitaire stone. Are the designs more complicated??? or do stones need to be sourced? Those are the only reasons for why I would think it would take so long. All so very strange and I am sorry that this is happening.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mreader My one pendant is more complicated, although it's really just a puffy heart with scrollwork. I asked several times if it was too much. The other one is a simple halo. We haven't even discussed what stones I want, if any. I'm on the fence about a diamond halo or a simple gold bezel.

I don't get it, either. My previous three projects were completed very quickly! :confused: I messaged him earlier today for an update. I have a few more projects I'd love for him to do, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results