shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I did, quite a few times. The first time I asked two times about the time frame, I did not get the answer. And when I was told it would be ready in 2 days, and nothing from them for another 10 days. I paid 4 days later, and it took them a week to ship it. My delay in payment was due to the fact that my mail was stolen. I was pretty worried and it took me these 4 days to solve it. It took them a week to ship it after I paid, still waiting. I was hoping I will get them by the end of November (mailed on October 19th).

koolchicken

Shiny_Rock
Not good. Right now I'd put blame on the postal service. I just got my earrings yesterday and it was not without issue. DanielM was great. They were a bit slower than usual with emails, but it was the week or so before Christmas. With full time jobs, a jewelry business, and two small kids… I can't imagine they've had time to eat and sleep, much less respond to emails.

I know the post office has been slammed right now (not making excuses for them). But perhaps the next email to DanielM would be to find out if they got insurance on your package. I know mine had tracking, I can't imagine they would send a package without it.

My post man didn't bother to show up at all on the 24th or the 26th. He updated the tracking for my DanielM package saying he left notice when really he was off somewhere sleeping in his truck. I called the post office and they said with no physical notice there was nothing they could do. They checked to see if my package was there and of course it wasn't because it was still on this yahoo's truck. So I was told it was missing. Needless to say I started freaking out. When he finally showed up he was cramming dozens of packages into the boxes while a few angry looking onlookers stared him down. I went over and told him I ratted him out, it was fun to watch him stutter while he apologized (I'm moving so I don't care anymore). He did have my stuff, this isn't the first time he's done this, and it won't be the last.

Point is, mail rarely goes missing for good. Someone, somewhere knows where your stuff is. But you're probably going to need to do some leg work to find it. In my case I've had so many problems I've actually had to threaten to get the police involved (yes, it's been that bad). So get your tracking number, maybe even print off tracking info page showing when it stopped moving. Be polite, but make it clear you're not leaving without talking to someone in charge. If it was sent out in mid October it should have arrived by now. Even if there was some sort of gross error and it went package services instead of priority.

One last suggestion, this is only if the tracking has never updated. Ask DanielM if they perhaps misplaced the item. It is possible it's still sitting in their out box. With so many projects due to the holiday there's a very good chance it just got lost in the shuffle. Maybe it's still in with their "pending payments" stuff? No matter what I really hope your stuff turns up soon. This waiting must be agony at this stage.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't think alice87's gripe is with the USPS 'cause it seems Oct. 19 is when she mailed the check to Daniel M; Daniel M. finally e-mailed her pics of the finished piece(s) on December 19, but apparently did not mail the package until the day before yesterday, Dec. 26 ... but maybe I'm misunderstood the chronology?

koolchicken

Shiny_Rock
Oooooh, I somehow missed that. I read it as she asked them to make something, they did, they shipped it, now months have gone by with no package. I didn't realize October 19 was the start date so to speak. In that case it does seem like things are taking a long time.

I contacted them around the same time asking them to make me studs (simple stock setting I supplied the stones all they had to do is set them). They did usually take a day or two to respond to messages but always got back to me. I sent the stones out in the first few days of the month, they had them by the 7th and created the listing. They finished them and I paid on the 19th, they sent them out the next day. I just got them in the mail yesterday. So it does sound odd, they obviously went to the post office during that period. Perhaps it just got lost in the shuffle? I doubt they put alice87 off on purpose. I seems like bad luck all around, hopefully she gets her stuff soon. :((

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I did get my stuff right before New Year, I think it was rushed when it was made (with all kinds of delay my order had :wink2: ). Because I did like the work before I decided I will give it a try. Half of my order was ok, and another half I mailed back to fix. I am seriously hoping it would be soon enough when I finally have it back. I do like DanielM work very much. It took me a while to get over the disappointment, but I hope it will all work out :saint:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my simple little rhodolite ring :) I'm going to have to get it resized - for some reason when I get sized, it gives me one size, but then the rings turn out to be a little big. Have this issue with my e-ring too (unless I'm dehydrated with puffy fingers, then it's too tight)

U-Prong in Argentium Silver (picture is a little tilted, but is the best I've managed to capture the color of the stone. apologies for crappy cell phone pics. I really need to set up something better, but I'm lazy)

dmring.jpg

I'm working on drawings for what I want for my demantoid, and I think I may go with them to do that too.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty sapphire pendant - I love the blue!

Nice rhodolite ring too. It looks really bright and open in that setting.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I made a thread on this and another Etsy item, but I wanted to add my Daniel M bracelet re-do here, too. Dan and Caren took a bangle bracelet I had that wasn't "working" and made it into a cuff that is much easier to wear and allows the diamond feature to stay on top. The center diamond is a tiny, sweet one that was in my grandmother's engagement ring, and I wanted to be able to wear it often. Dan kept the halo piece from the old bracelet and also added some cuffs with diamonds to the new bracelet. Can't say enough good things about Dan and Caren! [ETA: I didn't realize this thread is in CS -- hope it's ok that I added a non-CS piece!]

Here is the result:

_17909.jpg

_17910.jpg

_17911.jpg

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that bracelet is absolutely beautiful!

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Ally66|1399647105|3669040 said:
I made a thread on this and another Etsy item, but I wanted to add my Daniel M bracelet re-do here, too. Dan and Caren took a bangle bracelet I had that wasn't "working" and made it into a cuff that is much easier to wear and allows the diamond feature to stay on top. The center diamond is a tiny, sweet one that was in my grandmother's engagement ring, and I wanted to be able to wear it often. Dan kept the halo piece from the old bracelet and also added some cuffs with diamonds to the new bracelet. Can't say enough good things about Dan and Caren! [ETA: I didn't realize this thread is in CS -- hope it's ok that I added a non-CS piece!]

Here is the result:

Oh WOW Ally - you've given me a great idea, thank you! Your bracelet is just lovely what a perfect way to re-purpose something to make it what you'll enjoy! :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, some really nice pieces here. I think I'm the only one who's had a bad experience with him. I asked him to make a pair of 6-prong studs for my AVR's and have them set low. He set them really high instead, and when I said some thing he redid them. When I got them the prongs stuck up 1/16" over the stones in a couple places and looked terrible. I never wore them even once, and am getting the stone set into something else.

E2.jpg

E4.jpg

GOG_AVR-finished2.jpg

GOG_AVR-finished.jpg

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Deskjockey and JBK! JBK, I hope the inspiration is a great jumping-off point for you! :appl: So many possibilities...

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone been in contact with Daniel M in the last few weeks? He is doing a project for me, but has not retiurned my last two emails; it has been several months now that I have been trying to contact him.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
distracts|1404343364|3705547 said:
CaraMish|1404336812|3705482 said:
Has anyone been in contact with Daniel M in the last few weeks? He is doing a project for me, but has not retiurned my last two emails; it has been several months now that I have been trying to contact him.

Cara, there was a thread on this recently - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whats-going-on-with-danielm.203426/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whats-going-on-with-danielm.203426/[/URL]

Thank you very much; I had a feeling I wasn't the only one.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to see a handshot on your hand - its rightful new home :praise:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks can't wait to get it! Will post a picture when it arrives!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Apologies for the delay! Finally got around to posting some photos! Lighting isnt amazing, I love the lavender/blue colour distinction that really shows in the sun.

_24027.jpg

_24030.jpg

_24031.jpg

_24032.jpg

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
ricezo that's beautiful! Any more details on the sapphire? I really love that bi-color... :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you VirginiaZee! It's a 1.5ct sapphire from Ceylon, heat treatment only. It's a mix of light lavender and blue. I initially wanted more of a white/blue mix but I really like the lavender now!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of shots in natural light! Sorry I can't help myself, I love it so much! The colours really vary according to light, sometimes it looks really soft, light purple and other times the colours appear a lot sharper.

photo_927.jpg

photo_928.jpg

photo_929.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful ricezo!!!

Ok, I have to ask, what is your nail color? I love it!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks FrekeChild! I'm loving gray nails at the moment, It's shellac but I can't remember the name of the colour sorry!

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
just out of curiosity,

is Daniel M's work comparable to the usual recommended PS vendors for setting diamond rings?

or is he the PS go-to person for setting gemstones?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ricezo - I hadn't seen a flat gray before, but I found one from Essie - Cocktail Bling. I might have to snap it up. Hah!

dawnxcui|1415903667|3782742 said:
just out of curiosity,

is Daniel M's work comparable to the usual recommended PS vendors for setting diamond rings?

or is he the PS go-to person for setting gemstones?
Daniel M is a jeweler who works for a big name store on the East Coast, and DanielMJewelry is his little etsy store he runs with his wife. He has had a lot of satisfied customers (including myself) but recently has been experiencing some pretty serious hiccups due to a health issue in the family. I find his quality to be very nice, and he is budget friendly. I've been using David Klass for more custom settings lately just due to timing issues, but I hope to use DM again in the future. 8)

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! It's been a while that anybody has posted new jewelry from Daniel M. I've got my RHR (Trellis setting) and the dbty -bracelet recently, both are in 18k wg and all the stones are old cuts recycled from old rings. Size of the diamonds varies in dbty from approx.0.2 to 0.30 and in the ring (if i'm correct) it is approx. 0.2-0.25-0.5. I planed on wearing them everyday and i'm very pleased with the result :)

icm_58.jpg

img_7933.jpg

img_7934.jpg

img_7936.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, Roi! Great everyday pieces and they look great together. :bigsmile:

I especially like the substantial look of the DBTY bracelet and the spacing of the stations. Do you happen to know how far apart the stations are, and/or what the total length is?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results