shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your complete pearl collection

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided to clean the pearls, and hoping posting all the goodies I have will help me realize I have enough and resist temptation to acquire more.

Also would love to see everyone’s collection photos and read comments on how pieces are chosen!

05C09C4E-30C7-4CF2-B5B0-CF7442DEF31D.jpeg So far I’ve mostly just been collecting types and sizes of akoyas and Tahitians haha. Right now going for mostly necklaces of different lengths and styles.

5BF2EC94-31A0-4839-A252-C8F5D5F60094.jpeg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are mine,

6377B176-6CD8-40C5-B266-4BAA00678260.jpeg
Started off with the Freshadama white strand then went from there! Most worn are the earrings, followed by the pendants. Purchases from PP, Wen, Kojima. You’d think I wouldn’t need any more but have just bought some of Wen‘s latest batch of rainbow Edisons (which sold out superfast) to make a stretchy bracelet.

CMN

Shiny_Rock
8EBCF6F8-723F-4709-8DF3-3EED78189963.jpeg

From left to right:

Multi-colour Tahitians - this is the first strand I have purchased for myself, about three years ago

Purple freshwaters - the second strand I have purchased for myself and my most recent one. It was purchased just after Covid started - I was feeling that the world was going crazy and needed a pick me up

Akoyas - I am pretty sure the next strand are Akoyas - they were my grandmas

Small baroque south sea - these were purchased for my year 10 formal (not sure if there is a US equivalent of that, something like a middLe school prom?)

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Here are mine,

6377B176-6CD8-40C5-B266-4BAA00678260.jpeg
Started off with the Freshadama white strand then went from there! Most worn are the earrings, followed by the pendants. Purchases from PP, Wen, Kojima. You’d think I wouldn’t need any more but have just bought some of Wen‘s latest batch of rainbow Edisons (which sold out superfast) to make a stretchy bracelet.

Fabulous !
And can't wait to see the Edisons

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
8EBCF6F8-723F-4709-8DF3-3EED78189963.jpeg

From left to right:

Multi-colour Tahitians - this is the first strand I have purchased for myself, about three years ago

Purple freshwaters - the second strand I have purchased for myself and my most recent one. It was purchased just after Covid started - I was feeling that the world was going crazy and needed a pick me up

Akoyas - I am pretty sure the next strand are Akoyas - they were my grandmas

Small baroque south sea - these were purchased for my year 10 formal (not sure if there is a US equivalent of that, something like a middLe school prom?)

:appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl:

Reactions: CMN

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll start with freshwaters. I added a second pic of the whites because I forgot a couple strands in the collection picture. There a a few saltwater pearls mixed in the strands, but not many. My apologies for the poor lighting- I hope to gather some nice pics of my collection in the spring.
IMG_7673.jpg
IMG_8128.jpg IMG_8130.jpg

mommylawyer

Shiny_Rock
I'll start with freshwaters. I added a second pic of the whites because I forgot a couple strands in the collection picture. There a a few saltwater pearls mixed in the strands, but not many. My apologies for the poor lighting- I hope to gather some nice pics of my collection in the spring.
IMG_7673.jpg

I love that you have so many!! I am like this with rings.

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
IMG_7673.jpg

Wow !:appl:
I wonder if they miss their buddies ?

Do you ever just have the urge to just play with them ? Like run your fingers through them ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I am loving this thread! Here is my humble collection. 59D86528-7616-4EA4-80E9-0EDB321E6D28.jpeg

You know i don't know a single person in face to face life who has anything but white pearls
ive seen maybe a Tahitian ring or eaeings down the mall and years ago i saw a paua pearl ring i still dream about
And before Christmas i saw a pink strand in a jewlers window but ive never seen them on anybody
the other night on the news i saw a broadcaster wearing Tahitians but im not sure she was local - it might have been an overseas news item

But you ladies rock the colours !
Im so inspired by everyone !

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_7673.jpg
Gasp!!
I just want to ROLL AROUND in all those pearls, like a crazy woman.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Jewels Of The Week: February 2021
    Jewels Of The Week: February 2021
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.