shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your ceiling sparklies! Chandeliers of course

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg Are you an interior designer? You really don’t have to answer. I’m just curious because you certainly have a knack.
I used to love going to the Summit, NJ Holiday House tours. I’ve been to many different ones since we moved...but nothing compared to the ones they had. I’ll be going to one locally next month..but I will probably be disappointed. They’re usually antique houses that are decorated in the primitive style. I have an antique house in Maryland..and have many antique things there..but mix it up....

Wow, what a compliment! Thank you! I am not an interior designer in the trade. I have been offered jobs before but I really just like decor in my own home and helping friends. Arrangement is my passion! I am constantly changing up the mix! I began collecting art and antiques at age 7 :eek2:. My friends were always puzzled when I would get an "old lady" piece of furniture for my birthday. I never did the plastic toy stuff, lol. I appreciate art immensely and love the historical aspect of antiques. I was born an old soul. I still can't figure out why I prefer MRBs to OECs considering I love all things old! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a compliment! Thank you! I am not an interior designer in the trade. I have been offered jobs before but I really just like decor in my own home and helping friends. Arrangement is my passion! I am constantly changing up the mix! I began collecting art and antiques at age 7 :eek2:. My friends were always puzzled when I would get an "old lady" piece of furniture for my birthday. I never did the plastic toy stuff, lol. I appreciate art immensely and love the historical aspect of antiques. I was born an old soul. I still can't figure out why I prefer MRBs to OECs considering I love all things old! :lol:
I want to get rid of most of my furniture in Pa..and redecorate.. but I can’t because we will be moving to Va to be near our son and his family when my husband retires. I also have to think about resale so I can't add wallpaper in the powder room which I’m dying to do. I love wallpaper in certain areas of the house....like the dining room but can’t do that either. I take good care of my furniture so the couches are dated and still look good even though I don’t like the style anymore. I have no idea what that other house will be like so I can’t really buy any furniture..My husband is taking his time retiring..sigh..I’m just going to do a refresh to change things up a little. First thing on my list are new area rugs for the entry, dining room, and living room.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love chandeliers because it sparkles like crazy but how on earth do you clean those up 20 feet high?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love chandeliers because it sparkles like crazy but how on earth do you clean those up 20 feet high?
They can be installed with a lift so you can lower the chandelier...Someone in this thread said she had one for her hallway chandelier.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

For us, only way is to hire a service . I try to get them cleaned every 6 months. We installed those 30 year bulbs too.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Living vicariously in this thread. Shopping for lighting fixtures is the best! I have a very small house though. Only 3 fixtures and I only like one. I tend to modern style. I like to change too often though.:lol-2:

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Living vicariously in this thread. Shopping for lighting fixtures is the best! I have a very small house though. Only 3 fixtures and I only like one. I tend to modern style. I like to change too often though.:lol-2:

Ah..... there should be a small house thread! =)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the chandelier in my kitchen.
E6FD9D24-A141-4333-8CEB-40A59DDBFBA3.jpeg
I put crystal knobs on the kitchen island. The rest of them are polished nickel.
37BC67F7-B16D-4A94-914C-6ACE6D1B476D.jpeg

The antique chest has pressed glass knobs that look like crystal. I replace knobs any time I can with crystal or glass knobs. I love everything sparkly that looks like diamonds or crystal..
F369ABA7-220B-48C1-8EC8-A4D0F22C84B2.jpeg
34080D07-060A-4F8E-ABF9-5B75E64E8C92.jpeg

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0E15123F-77C6-4CF1-A6CC-9542FF830624.jpeg
Timely thread! We just replaced the crappy living room fixtures with these. Still need one for the dining room, thanks for all the inspiration photos!

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Oh gals I just KNEW there were sparkly crystaly things all over your homes! Even the non crystal types are lovely, thank you for sharing your houses' jewelry.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Your home and your lighting is absolutely gorgeous. LOVE everything you have shared. Beautiful.:love:

Thank you @Mamabean. I know it is not everyone's aesthetic but I do enjoy vintage lighting (and vintage/antique everything in fact). Most of our lights are french art deco and all original. We collected them gradually over the years from our favorite antique place. If we ever sell our home there is no way I am leaving these or including them in the sale. Though these just don't match our beach home aesthetic but then again we are not going to sell our NYC home and keep the beach house. If we sell NYC home we are going to sell our beach house too and move somewhere else. Of course this is TMI but (as usual) I am just thinking out loud.:lol:

I just remembered we have a vintage light fixture in the dining room at the beach house. The light fixture is from my very first apartment in NYC (it was in the master bedroom there) and I liked it so we took it when we bought our current apartment. It is blue and of course I love all things blue. Greg does not care for it but I insisted it go into the beach house dining room as the one that was there was awful. We are planning on replacing it eventually but I have not been motivated to start shopping for a new one mainly because I like it. LOL. Here is my only photo of it.

diningroombeachhouse.jpg

In the spirit of this thread take a look at this Swarovski chandelier. Wow.

chandelier.jpg

If anyone is interested in purchasing it here is the link. :halo:

https://www.lightingselection.com/m...qIkxaAukxHWQxNFohSk-O-FdUCZaNCcRoCG5cQAvD_BwE
Thank you @missy! I want a furniture refresh but I can’t do that until we move to Virginia.
I love all your fixtures! The brick wall in your beach house is amazing! Love it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy! I want a furniture refresh but I can’t do that until we move to Virginia.
I love all your fixtures! The brick wall in your beach house is amazing! Love it!

Thanks Joanne! It was truly a joy to collect all our antique furniture and light fixtures for our NYC home and also gut renovate it when we first moved here. I also very much enjoyed redoing our beach home ( we only did a kitchen gut reno but every room was redone is some smaller way there) which is sort of the opposite vibe though eclectic in nature. Haha I almost want to move all over again because it is so much fun house hunting and finding just the right space with just the right view in just the right neighborhood. And I love furniture shopping too. Each piece takes time to find and we never rush it. Despite the stress of shows hunting, moving and making the space our own I enjoy it immensely. DH OTOH not so much. But that is probably because he does most of the (figurative) heavy lifting. :cheeky:

I love Virginia. Where are you moving to in Va? If you prefer not sharing here just email me. Va is on our list of places to consider moving to one day perhaps. I love Northern Va but am open to anywhere (though probably will have to remain on the East Coast depending on a few things).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a truly horrible ‘orange’ pine desk and bedside chest that used to be in DS’s room. I rubbed it down, under coated it, then sprayed it with a stone finish paint. Then I changed the pine nobs for these lovely cut glass ones.

E13D6F35-6F1A-4233-AD86-B2CACF4A603C.jpeg A277CD0E-F21F-41B9-972A-4E1F47BB5E3B.jpeg 0E823C01-13BA-4064-BB00-779144FE4A70.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Joanne! It was truly a joy to collect all our antique furniture and light fixtures for our NYC home and also gut renovate it when we first moved here. I also very much enjoyed redoing our beach home ( we only did a kitchen gut reno but every room was redone is some smaller way there) which is sort of the opposite vibe though eclectic in nature. Haha I almost want to move all over again because it is so much fun house hunting and finding just the right space with just the right view in just the right neighborhood. And I love furniture shopping too. Each piece takes time to find and we never rush it. Despite the stress of shows hunting, moving and making the space our own I enjoy it immensely. DH OTOH not so much. But that is probably because he does most of the (figurative) heavy lifting. :cheeky:

I love Virginia. Where are you moving to in Va? If you prefer not sharing here just email me. Va is on our list of places to consider moving to one day perhaps. I love Northern Va but am open to anywhere (though probably will have to remain on the East Coast depending on a few things).
I LOVE the fun of looking for a new house and furniture! I also love looking through listings! I’m pretty picky..but I love the search for the perfect house for us....I also have to find a place for D to work...and potential services available for him to work and eventually live. S wants us to live near him so D will be nearby when my husband and I pass. I’m hoping that won’t be for a long time! It’s depressing ...but we have to prepare for that. My son and his family live in Northern Va so we’ll be looking there! I hope my husband retires soon! S and I are very close so it will be nice to be nearby. My daughter-in-law and I are also close..She keeps telling me she can’t wait for us to live close to them. In the meantime I’m working on fixing all the leaks in this house! :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was a truly horrible ‘orange’ pine desk and bedside chest that used to be in DS’s room. I rubbed it down, under coated it, then sprayed it with a stone finish paint. Then I changed the pine nobs for these lovely cut glass ones.

E13D6F35-6F1A-4233-AD86-B2CACF4A603C.jpeg A277CD0E-F21F-41B9-972A-4E1F47BB5E3B.jpeg 0E823C01-13BA-4064-BB00-779144FE4A70.jpeg
Great job @Austina! I love the knobs!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ooooooh I just saw the speckled finish! Pretty!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
934A4AB5-C447-4AB7-872E-8D1EB69A85B5.jpeg
Here’s mine in our upstairs bedroom corner. It reminded me of an eternity band, so of course, I had to have it!

I have the square version, too. We’re going to hang it in a window nook downstairs once our never-ending remodel from hell is finished.

I prefer the traditional, dripping-with-crystal chandeliers, but our house has a more modern vibe, so we went with these so I could still get my bling fix. I’ve already told the husband that our next house has to have more of a New Orleans flavor. I want gas lights and chandeliers everywhere.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
934A4AB5-C447-4AB7-872E-8D1EB69A85B5.jpeg
Here’s mine in our upstairs bedroom corner. It reminded me of an eternity band, so of course, I had to have it!

I have the square version, too. We’re going to hang it in a window nook downstairs once our never-ending remodel from hell is finished.

I prefer the traditional, dripping-with-crystal chandeliers, but our house has a more modern vibe, so we went with these so I could still get my bling fix. I’ve already told the husband that our next house has to have more of a New Orleans flavor. I want gas lights and chandeliers everywhere.
Omg! It does look like an eternity band! I love it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This made me think about how I decorate..I have a bunch of crystal jars in my kitchen next to the coffee pot that hold all the sweetners for coffee. I was making coffee today and noticed that they’re blingy too! The handles on top are all different shapes of crystal and the bodies are cut to sparkle..Too funny..It’s a cloudy day and I took it very early this morning so the pic is a little dim..

5C86CACD-E021-4770-A765-E92728750B54.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results