carat
color
clarity

Show me your ceiling sparklies! Chandeliers of course

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are mine. I love me some chandies!
Your house would be perfect if it had a resident Matata and her 4 savannah cats charmingly draped over your furniture pretending the house was theirs. Well...I'd be draped over your furniture; the cats would be literally swinging on the chandeliers.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your house would be perfect if it had a resident Matata and her 4 savannah cats charmingly draped over your furniture pretending the house was theirs. Well...I'd be draped over your furniture; the cats would be literally swinging on the chandeliers.

Lol, welcome to visit anytime! Poor kitties would have to fight with dogs for furniture rights though! I betcha the kitties would win...:lol-2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Our light fixtures are very contemporary in style. Not to everyone's taste I know, but we like them. :))

Entry chandelier
Entry Chandelier.jpg

Dining room chandelier
Dining Chandelier.jpg

Breakfast nook lights, this is where we dine 99% of the time.
Dining Nook Lights (2).jpg

Attachments

• Dining Nook Lights.jpg
    Dining Nook Lights.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 18

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:
I have a crystal chandelier and in my new brothel, I just outfit it with some blingy sconces and vanity lights.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the pics. If it was up to me, my house would have a crystal chandelier in every room as I need maximum sparkle coverage. DH is of another view, so we only have 4 - LR, DR, MBr and foyer. Foyer fixture is a smaller size of MBr one.
IMG_20190410_205546.jpg IMG_20190410_205905.jpg IMG_20190410_205718.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is ours in the front of the house. We have one of those lifts that bring it up and down for changing lightbulbs and cleaning. It’s by Shonbeck and I have a similar one for my dining room but I’ve never gotten around to putting it up. I’ve just kept the one that came with the house when we purchased it. 1C9A012B-921A-4C36-A243-5C9535201B74.jpeg 6D61D54E-699A-4544-81B7-B9CAEB118D0D.jpeg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my chandelier from my house in NY. I don’t have a good picture of it and found this in my camera roll on Fb.
3D5709B3-4368-466A-B1D1-7F3455D44822.png

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is ours in the front of the house. We have one of those lifts that bring it up and down for changing lightbulbs and cleaning. It’s by Shonbeck and I have a similar one for my dining room but I’ve never gotten around to putting it up. I’ve just kept the one that came with the house when we purchased it. 1C9A012B-921A-4C36-A243-5C9535201B74.jpeg 6D61D54E-699A-4544-81B7-B9CAEB118D0D.jpeg

It's by Schonbeck and you've never put it up??? Oh my goodness! Lol, I would love to have that!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
p1150222_0.jpg
I brought two Schonbeks from my Mom’s house and installed one in my farmhouse kitchen.
Every sunny morning the room is filled with rainbows. I never tire of sitting in a room full of rainbows. Sorry I don’t have a better photo but I’m away and this is all I have.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
p1150222_0.jpg
I brought two Schonbeks from my Mom’s house and installed one in my farmhouse kitchen.
Every sunny morning the room is filled with rainbows. I never tire of sitting in a room full of rainbows. Sorry I don’t have a better photo but I’m away and this is all I have.

I love seeing a sparkly chandelier in a rustic feeling room. The mixture is glorious!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's by Schonbeck and you've never put it up??? Oh my goodness! Lol, I would love to have that!
Yes! I put it up for my first house in NY and then when we moved I put it up in my second house. Then we moved to this house and we negotiated with the sellers to keep the dining room chandelier. It’s a brass chandelier and my Shonbeck one is silver so it would actually match more with the entrance one, but it has so many crystals it’s seriously a pain to put it together. I would need a map. Maybe one day we will.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing. Love it all.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! I put it up for my first house in NY and then when we moved I put it up in my second house. Then we moved to this house and we negotiated with the sellers to keep the dining room chandelier. It’s a brass chandelier and my Shonbeck one is silver so it would actually match more with the entrance one, but it has so many crystals it’s seriously a pain to put it together. I would need a map. Maybe one day we will.
Mine is also a Schonbeck. I paid the electrician to put it together..It’s not as bad as you think..Just do it! :P2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol, welcome to visit anytime! Poor kitties would have to fight with dogs for furniture rights though! I betcha the kitties would win...:lol-2:
I’m coming too! :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a lousy photo of a chandelier in our library. It's a wee bit small for the ceiling height, but I love it all the same 1554932994584_0_IMAG1153.jpg
I love your ceiling! The room is gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooooh pretty! :love:

@Mamabean Your home and your lighting is absolutely gorgeous. LOVE everything you have shared. Beautiful.:love:

Thank you @Mamabean. I know it is not everyone's aesthetic but I do enjoy vintage lighting (and vintage/antique everything in fact). Most of our lights are french art deco and all original. We collected them gradually over the years from our favorite antique place. If we ever sell our home there is no way I am leaving these or including them in the sale. Though these just don't match our beach home aesthetic but then again we are not going to sell our NYC home and keep the beach house. If we sell NYC home we are going to sell our beach house too and move somewhere else. Of course this is TMI but (as usual) I am just thinking out loud.:lol:

I just remembered we have a vintage light fixture in the dining room at the beach house. The light fixture is from my very first apartment in NYC (it was in the master bedroom there) and I liked it so we took it when we bought our current apartment. It is blue and of course I love all things blue. Greg does not care for it but I insisted it go into the beach house dining room as the one that was there was awful. We are planning on replacing it eventually but I have not been motivated to start shopping for a new one mainly because I like it. LOL. Here is my only photo of it.

diningroombeachhouse.jpg

In the spirit of this thread take a look at this Swarovski chandelier. Wow.

chandelier.jpg

If anyone is interested in purchasing it here is the link. :halo:

https://www.lightingselection.com/m...qIkxaAukxHWQxNFohSk-O-FdUCZaNCcRoCG5cQAvD_BwE

Attachments

• diningroombeachhouse.jpg
    diningroombeachhouse.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 16

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Mamabean. I know it is not everyone's aesthetic but I do enjoy vintage lighting (and vintage/antique everything in fact). Most of our lights are french art deco and all original. We collected them gradually over the years from our favorite antique place. If we ever sell our home there is no way I am leaving these or including them in the sale. Though these just don't match our beach home aesthetic but then again we are not going to sell our NYC home and keep the beach house. If we sell NYC home we are going to sell our beach house too and move somewhere else. Of course this is TMI but (as usual) I am just thinking out loud.:lol:

I just remembered we have a vintage light fixture in the dining room at the beach house. The light fixture is from my very first apartment in NYC (it was in the master bedroom there) and I liked it so we took it when we bought our current apartment. It is blue and of course I love all things blue. Greg does not care for it but I insisted it go into the beach house dining room as the one that was there was awful. We are planning on replacing it eventually but I have not been motivated to start shopping for a new one mainly because I like it. LOL. Here is my only photo of it.

diningroombeachhouse.jpg

In the spirit of this thread take a look at this Swarovski chandelier. Wow.

chandelier.jpg

If anyone is interested in purchasing it here is the link. :halo:

https://www.lightingselection.com/m...qIkxaAukxHWQxNFohSk-O-FdUCZaNCcRoCG5cQAvD_BwE

I love your lighting @missy! So fun that you collect it!

My chandelier shown in the dining room has Swarvoski crystals. It was so much less expensive for the larger one in the entry to choose the regular lead crystals (not Swarvoski). I can't even tell the difference!! So there's a way to save a bit!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your lighting @missy! So fun that you collect it!

My chandelier shown in the dining room has Swarvoski crystals. It was so much less expensive for the larger one in the entry to choose the regular lead crystals (not Swarvoski). I can't even tell the difference!! So there's a way to save a bit!

Thank you! Your home is stunning @ceg :love: Love your aesthetic.

I also love how willing many PSers are to share. I love attending open houses and this is the next best thing. :kiss2:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is also a Schonbeck. I paid the electrician to put it together..It’s not as bad as you think..Just do it! :P2
My husband would never pay an electrician to put it up :(2. He doesn’t want to pay for something he can do himself, yet he won’t put it up bc it’s too complicated, Lol! It was easy enough for us to hang it the first two times, it was all the crystals that made it hard to figure out where they went the second time.
Here is the current one in the dining room left by the previous owners. It sort of matches my furniture so that’s another reason I haven’t changed it.
BBE48DF8-C2BD-4225-B638-0E96774583C3.jpeg
66561E9C-04F2-4C75-BCB6-1F7A38BD7480.jpeg

And here are the ones over my kitchen island-
0C3B0F6F-DEDF-417A-9B7C-1BB643A8E608.jpeg 23AB44EE-6553-449B-B17C-64E73BC33B9A.jpeg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are mine. I love me some chandies!
Breakfast room. The led bulbs photograph very strange. Much softer IRL.
20190410_164235.jpg Dining room
20190410_164118.jpg
Entry, the big sister to the dining room
20190410_164040.jpg Living room, hung a bit high. It's on the list of to dos!
20190410_164002.jpg
Master bath
20190410_163916.jpg

I love all of your lights, but especially the one over the bathtub. It’s just so extra! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband would never pay an electrician to put it up :(2. He doesn’t want to pay for something he can do himself, yet he won’t put it up bc it’s too complicated, Lol! It was easy enough for us to hang it the first two times, it was all the crystals that made it hard to figure out where they went the second time.
Here is the current one in the dining room left by the previous owners. It sort of matches my furniture so that’s another reason I haven’t changed it.
BBE48DF8-C2BD-4225-B638-0E96774583C3.jpeg
66561E9C-04F2-4C75-BCB6-1F7A38BD7480.jpeg

And here are the ones over my kitchen island-
0C3B0F6F-DEDF-417A-9B7C-1BB643A8E608.jpeg 23AB44EE-6553-449B-B17C-64E73BC33B9A.jpeg
I can see why you don’t want to change itvout. It’s gorgeous!
My husband isn’t handy at all..I’m actually the handy one..but that would have been too big of a job for me..

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D501CC4A-D7E0-411B-8034-D849A112BE98.jpeg Beautiful chandeliers! This is the chandelier in the Academy of Music in Philadelphia.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our house is very modern, so we mainly have energy saving LED recessed lighting. In my dining room I have ‘Medusa’, I love it, although I’m sure a lot of people will think it’s hideous :lol:

609ABB38-BD0D-45E8-B1A2-35DF55E8C64F.jpeg

Attachments

• A6D363DD-430D-4E27-9F31-1B2D8F5275CE.jpeg
    A6D363DD-430D-4E27-9F31-1B2D8F5275CE.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 53

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our house is very modern, so we mainly have energy saving LED recessed lighting. In my dining room I have ‘Medusa’, I love it, although I’m sure a lot of people will think it’s hideous :lol:

609ABB38-BD0D-45E8-B1A2-35DF55E8C64F.jpeg
I laughed when I read Medusa! I love unique lighting! I would like to see it with the lights on!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Your home is stunning @ceg :love: Love your aesthetic.

I also love how willing many PSers are to share. I love attending open houses and this is the next best thing. :kiss2:
@ceg Are you an interior designer? You really don’t have to answer. I’m just curious because you certainly have a knack.
I used to love going to the Summit, NJ Holiday House tours. I’ve been to many different ones since we moved...but nothing compared to the ones they had. I’ll be going to one locally next month..but I will probably be disappointed. They’re usually antique houses that are decorated in the primitive style. I have an antique house in Maryland..and have many antique things there..but mix it up....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results