shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your casually styled pearls

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting old and grey, therefore I traded in style for eccentricity. Less stress, and you don't have to worry about it. Kinda kidding, kinda not. I do love pearls though!

I wear tin cups. (Fresh water and semi precious stones along with Tahitian keshi and pearl tin cup)
20201214_100844.jpg

South sea tin cup

20201215_122144.jpg

I also have a lovely Kamoka drop I wear on a wire.

20201215_124705.jpg

Lastly, I love, LOVE Tahitian pearls. I like ringed, colorful imperfect Tahitians.
The single strand is a highly lustrous but petite Tokki strand. They have all sorts of funky extra bumps.

20201215_121932.jpg

I have two other ringed pearl strands that I stack to go out.
20201215_124535.jpg

You have nice skin!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to see more of how you ladies style your white pearls. They can be so formal but they also like to come out and play.

IMG_7167.jpg

IMG_7155.jpg
IMG_7160.jpg

That dragon fly looks like she could be both casual and glammed up - very pretty indeed

i have some white fresh water pearls from the mall jewler (i know- i know - i could have got something awsome from PP if i had ever even heard of them a few years back)
Anyway they are a bit tight so they are on the restringing list
i have 3 daisy charms to go into the necklase
course im a spacer short (how ????) and the jewler doesn't seem to do them anymore and now i think i want to do a few more daisies 16082571068311755046802.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are very pretty @Daisys and Diamonds. I love the charms too. Can you use a necklace extender to lengthen the pearls so you can wear them?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are very pretty @Daisys and Diamonds. I love the charms too. Can you use a necklace extender to lengthen the pearls so you can wear them?

:mrgreen2: ive been just thinking of that
i was thinking of a few extra pears from PP because i have 4 pearl necklase that are all a bit tight
But i think by the time the daises go in it should be find especially if i find 4 more that look similar

Do i even need the spacers?
The lady ive found to knot them also makes silver jewlery so i just assumed she would have a way to make the pearl not rub aganist the charm which has a larger hole ?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:mrgreen2: ive been just thinking of that
i was thinking of a few extra pears from PP because i have 4 pearl necklase that are all a bit tight
But i think by the time the daises go in it should be find especially if i find 4 more that look similar

Do i even need the spacers?
The lady ive found to knot them also makes silver jewlery so i just assumed she would have a way to make the pearl not rub aganist the charm which has a larger hole ?

I’ve always wondered how charms work on pearl strands without scratching the pearls?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve always wondered how charms work on pearl strands without scratching the pearls?

Me too
i was kind of hoping you would know
Someone is bound to know

i actually brought a diamond bead charm for mum's pearls (they are the perfect size but only because they need restrung and the silk is stretched) but i don't want to scratch her ones
I also have two saphire ones ....or are they emerald ? but im going to test the waters with the daisys on the cheaper pearls first

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if you could obtain clear silicone bead bumpers in the appropriate size to protect your pearls? I think it would depend on how large the hole of the charm is.

download (2).jpg

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
619A0853-3D80-4A54-A886-2F7DEC842A1D.jpeg These are my casually styled pearl earrings. I can wear them with just t-shirts, jeans or even shorts.
Will show a couple of necklaces soon.

- 10.2mm WSS
- 11.2mm GSS (studs)
- 11ish mm GSS, extras from a necklace

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
My 2 strands of long necklaces, in silver links, Tahitians SS, Akoya blue & keshi (can’t recall those are SS or Akoya).
I wear one strand at a time, long for casual, double roll for fancier look. I know they look similar.......just because I couldn’t decide which strand & they was another customer eyeing with her impatient face.....so you all know the rest :mad: E9DD90C4-A963-4DB6-8083-486984DED91B.jpeg 7B2D5638-B854-4C0C-BADA-9119C0CC135B.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 2 strands of long necklaces, in silver links, Tahitians SS, Akoya blue & keshi (can’t recall those are SS or Akoya).
I wear one strand at a time, long for casual, double roll for fancier look. I know they look similar.......just because I couldn’t decide which strand & they was another customer eyeing with her impatient face.....so you all know the rest :mad: E9DD90C4-A963-4DB6-8083-486984DED91B.jpeg 7B2D5638-B854-4C0C-BADA-9119C0CC135B.jpeg

I just love them
No need to justify here why you needed to buy both

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't worn my blue akoya bracelet in a while (you know, last on first off but with no where to go in between). So today I decided to stack them with my fitness watch while ironing :D (But joking aside, I think the watch and pearls might actually go together!)
IMG_20210102_121912804.jpg IMG_20210102_122306548.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mentioned before that I had bought some lovely strands of pearls from an Etsy vendor but she sold me one poor quality strand. I usually throw ugly pearls in the trash but decided to use these ugly pearls to make a costume necklace with bronze/red glass beads and some black FW pearls. Pretty sure most people will think the pearls are beads but it is a fun necklace.

IMG_7476.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to wear a single large pearl as a slider pendant on a wire chain on a casual basis.

One end of the chain is screwed on so that the wire can pass though the holes.

I have to be careful not to drop the end when it is loose as it is tiny and difficult to find.

I have 3 pearls to wear as slider pendants so far, and a carved Tahitian is on its way to me from Wen Pearls.

The largest one is a metallic soufflé from PP, the other 2 are inexpensive ones from Wen Pearls: a CFWP flame ball and an "Eddison".

20210102_164424.jpg 20210102_164708.jpg

How I would wear them with a flannel shirt in the colder months:

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look great together!
Hehe I made an anklet with some of my leftover tiny akoya and added a cz berricle asscher
FE7033A5-2A5A-4ACD-BECE-925C944DEB71.jpeg

We need an ankle shot !
I dont think ive seen a single ankle shot ever since ive been here in PS

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like to wear a single large pearl as a slider pendant on a wire chain on a casual basis.

One end of the chain is screwed on so that the wire can pass though the holes.

I have to be careful not to drop the end when it is loose as it is tiny and difficult to find.

I have 3 pearls to wear as slider pendants so far, and a carved Tahitian is on its way to me from Wen Pearls.

The largest one is a metallic soufflé from PP, the other 2 are inexpensive ones from Wen Pearls: a CFWP flame ball and an "Eddison".

20210102_164424.jpg 20210102_164708.jpg

How I would wear them with a flannel shirt in the colder months:

20210101_123718.jpg

DK :))

So glad you posted this here
i love my flannel

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mentioned before that I had bought some lovely strands of pearls from an Etsy vendor but she sold me one poor quality strand. I usually throw ugly pearls in the trash but decided to use these ugly pearls to make a costume necklace with bronze/red glass beads and some black FW pearls. Pretty sure most people will think the pearls are beads but it is a fun necklace.

IMG_7476.jpg

Good for you !
They look tonns of fun
and the oyster/ mussel 's hard work was put to good use
(plus your $$$ and shipping wern't wasted )

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't worn my blue akoya bracelet in a while (you know, last on first off but with no where to go in between). So today I decided to stack them with my fitness watch while ironing :D (But joking aside, I think the watch and pearls might actually go together!)
IMG_20210102_121912804.jpg IMG_20210102_122306548.jpg

I love these
i love this thread !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder if you could obtain clear silicone bead bumpers in the appropriate size to protect your pearls? I think it would depend on how large the hole of the charm is.

download (2).jpg

Thank you
ive never heard of these

you good people are a,wealth of info
i should write some of these tips down

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* Long necklace with Akoya & 18k WG links.
* CD4134AC-2D69-4D32-9922-C9D5C80E6322.jpeg 084600CE-FBD3-48EC-9FBD-1BD7E6FC289A.jpeg Short one with Akoya baroques, Keshi (Akoya & SS) in 18k WG.

These look so cool! Are the links glued or threaded or otherwise attached to the pearls?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can see so many beautiful pearls in this thread. Unfortunately, I have no picture of mine, but they look exactly like the ones from MakingTheGrade’s post. I usually wear them with my favorite embroidered t-shirt.
Last year, I ordered some same-day custom t-shirts from a local embroidery company, and I still wear them almost every day because they feel so good on my skin. I sleep in them and wear them as underwear sometimes. I am glad that I've found this company on the internet. They make nice embroideries, and you can order your custom ones. They look much better than prints and make the t-shirt look so special.

I feel I've been click-baited. I got all excited seeing this thread reappear, then... Not fair!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im.going off on a bit of a tangent but i didn't want to start a new thread for one small question to dear @yssie

plus this is a great thread and needs woken up again

so what im wearing isnt a pearl :lol-2:

but just wait a mo ...
so ive taken to wearing the shorter chain to train myself back into wearing a shorter necklace - because i love pearl chokers (the 80s were a great time to be alive!)
a put this pendent on for some colour
it came in the little 'box of bits & pieces' ... im getting to my pearl related question
20220706_130919.jpg

so remember the lovelly pistachio you very kindly gave me ?
Well I'm inspired to wear it this way

So im shopping for findings for an assortment of unfinished projects and i was wondering would this fit it
.....and do you think i could fit it myself ?
although the lady who is going to be knotting my jet necklace does work in pearls ... and silver ?
im kind of loath to take it to the jewlers

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results