shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your bracelet stacks..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stones in the tennis bracelet will not come into contact with the MRB in the bangle due to the way they are set. Therefore, I would say the risk of scratching is negligible.

DK :))

Thank you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
64170CE2-7A9E-4FCE-9D47-91B906EE664A.jpeg
Onyx has been quite durable for daily wear.

@LLJsmom I would think the onyx would scratch...What about the milgrain? If it doesn’t then I have nothing to worry about..with my solitaire bangle..

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I would think the onyx would scratch...What about the milgrain? If it doesn’t then I have nothing to worry about..with my solitaire bangle..

You mean the diamonds may scratch the onyx? It may. I haven't louped the onyx. With the naked eye, I don't see any scratches though. Do you mean the beads on the 5 motif getting scratched? Yeah, that could happen too. Of course the beads are too small for me to notice any scratching, unless I loupe the beads, which I would never do. There isn't enough WG surface area for me to be able to "see" any scratching. And I don't wear it this way for months at a time. I may get bored after a week or two and change it up. If over time, the onyx and WG seem worn, scratched to the extent that it bothers me, I'll just send it in to VCA to replace the motifs as needed and ask them to repolish the WG, or replate it. Likely, if that were to happen, it would take years, I mean 8-10 years. And I would definitely rather enjoy them for that time, wear them the way I want to wear them and repair later. This is different from my Love cuff, where scratches are so visible to the eye. I don't like wearing that piece with anything other than pieces that don't overlap it, like my Hermes leather cuffs.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You mean the diamonds may scratch the onyx? It may. I haven't louped the onyx. With the naked eye, I don't see any scratches though. Do you mean the beads on the 5 motif getting scratched? Yeah, that could happen too. Of course the beads are too small for me to notice any scratching, unless I loupe the beads, which I would never do. There isn't enough WG surface area for me to be able to "see" any scratching. And I don't wear it this way for months at a time. I may get bored after a week or two and change it up. If over time, the onyx and WG seem worn, scratched to the extent that it bothers me, I'll just send it in to VCA to replace the motifs as needed and ask them to repolish the WG, or replate it. Likely, if that were to happen, it would take years, I mean 8-10 years. And I would definitely rather enjoy them for that time, wear them the way I want to wear them and repair later. This is different from my Love cuff, where scratches are so visible to the eye. I don't like wearing that piece with anything other than pieces that don't overlap it, like my Hermes leather cuffs.

Yes..I was thinking the milgrain beads could wear down..and the diamonds could scratch the onyx. If you don’t wear it every day I think it would be fine. I could live with eight to ten years. The Love cuff would make me nervous about scratching though. I see some photos of that happening to people.
I’m a little worried about my diamond getting scratched in my new bezel bangle. I think it should be fine.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade I know this is an old thread..but I just reset my cushion diamond into a solitaire bangle. I should be getting it in a few days...I’m wondering if it’s safe to stack bracelets like DBTY and bezel diamond bracelets with the bangle..It’s been a while since you got your ACA bangle. Did stacking scratch the bangle? Do you feel it’s safe for the chain to fall over the diamonds? You know when you get something new you worry about the first scratch. Thanks!

There’s scratching to the metal of the bangle that I chalk up to the wear and tear, same as you’d see on well worn wedding bands. The stones are all fine though!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
There’s scratching to the metal of the bangle that I chalk up to the wear and tear, same as you’d see on well worn wedding bands. The stones are all fine though!

Thank you! I think the bezel would also protect the diamond....I don’t mind the metal scratching. It gets a patina after a while which is fine with me..

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love this. I’m so jealous of your wg onyx combo. This is perfection.

Thank you Missie1. I really love it too. It's my second favorite bracelet. Don't regret paying the premium for a second.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T those look lovely - are the bangles new additions?

Thank you! And yes - my bracelet addiction knows no bounds & I clearly need intervention.

They arrived today after a long transit from the US (6 weeks - the seller & I were both about to give up & lodge a claim) & are open cuffs. One is sterling silver & one solid 14ct yellow gold, each 1.5mm wide. Might get her to make me some more........... :Up_to_something:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! And yes - my bracelet addiction knows no bounds & I clearly need intervention.

They arrived today after a long transit from the US (6 weeks - the seller & I were both about to give up & lodge a claim) & are open cuffs. One is sterling silver & one solid 14ct yellow gold, each 1.5mm wide. Might get her to make me some more........... :Up_to_something:

I'm nurturing a bit of a bracelet/ bangle obsession too. Its good to find a fellow obsessive :lol:

Although I'm tempted to wear bling on every finger, (for a maximum sparkle hit) I suspect its not a good look and I have restricted myself to adorning just my wedding finger and a right hand ring at any one time. But a curated stack of multiple bracelets/ bangles..... who could argue with that??? :D

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm nurturing a bit of a bracelet/ bangle obsession too. Its good to find a fellow obsessive :lol:

Although I'm tempted to wear bling on every finger, (for a maximum sparkle hit) I suspect its not a good look and I have restricted myself to adorning just my wedding finger and a right hand ring at any one time. But a curated stack of multiple bracelets/ bangles..... who could argue with that??? :D

This is EXACTLY me. I always wear my wedding rings & occasionally a RHR on my ring finger. Studs, pendant & watch - check. But I hate to feel over dressed with jewellery & look like Dame Edna Everidge, so that's where I stop.

But heaps of well put together bracelets on my watch wrist is just, well, it's just me. I am never without.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new additions! May I ask where you found them?

Thank you! They were from Lotus Stone on Etsy & Kristen was absolutely lovely to work with. She has many treasures in many sizes & widths etc. Well worth a look!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this Messika butterfly bracelet for a great price on eBay so went ahead and purchased it. I’m still trying to decide on the best stacked look but this is how I wore her today. 27B6DF6F-9723-4DED-80C4-A56A69F3E1EB.jpeg 882A00A4-2342-4D01-B83F-E6D014DD0B94.jpeg E91DC6A9-72F5-4C9F-825B-6DA4C284AF79.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kayla17 that is both beautiful and adorable! I love the additional DBTY stones!

I saw this Messika butterfly bracelet for a great price on eBay so went ahead and purchased it. I’m still trying to decide on the best stacked look but this is how I wore her today. 27B6DF6F-9723-4DED-80C4-A56A69F3E1EB.jpeg 882A00A4-2342-4D01-B83F-E6D014DD0B94.jpeg E91DC6A9-72F5-4C9F-825B-6DA4C284AF79.jpeg

I mean, sometimes some things are just meant to be :D

Minx7891

Rough_Rock
Oh I love those hammered bracelets! Where did you find those?

Thank you! The middle cuff bracelet is from David Smallcombe. It’s 14k rose gold filled. So not solid gold. But the quality is amazing!! The bracelet that’s closest to my elbow is solid 14k rose gold. It’s from an Etsy shop called Lovethebugs. The best gold price I have found anywhere! It’s 4mm wide and 2mm thick.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
15A3CC48-8DC2-4AF8-9417-3206B9616E17.jpeg
My new 4.4ct G SI1/2 diamond wg bangle with my 40th bday diamond and wg bangle. Enjoying the sparkle while waiting for my dog to take care of business.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results