shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have a number of pieces. Unfortunately, I don''t have electronic photos of most of them! I''ll post what I have and I''ll see if I can get decent photos of anything else.

The piece, Dehea, is currently on loan to DeCordova Museum in the Boston area [they had a professional take this photo]. I have lent Dehea out to other museums in the past. I got it and another painting by the same artist [Rick Harlow] back in 1986. Rick has spent many years in the Amazon and has done some amazing work reminiscent of the jungle. Dehea is 9''wide x6''tall:

dehea smaller.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-I wish the picture was bigger! What gorgeous colors! I was going to whistle, but don''t know how to type it..fweet fweew! haha

Haven, the ketubah is beautiful! A marriage contract..is that like your vows, or..? Please excuse the ignorance here!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, DiamanteBlu, that piece is amazing. Wow.

Packrat--The ketubah is a Jewish marriage contract. It is basically our vows to each other, and we signed it together right before the actual wedding ceremony. The last line is my favorite ever, and I often think about it when I''m thinking about my DH: "May we live each day as the first, the last, and the only day we will have with each other."

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I am trying to post a photo of the bigger piece but I keep getting an error saying "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."

Let''s see if Red and White Flowers by Roy Fairchild will load.

Nope, no go on the upload. Is anybody else having trouble?
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:11:50 PM
Author: Haven
Oh, DiamanteBlu, that piece is amazing. Wow.

Packrat--The ketubah is a Jewish marriage contract. It is basically our vows to each other, and we signed it together right before the actual wedding ceremony. The last line is my favorite ever, and I often think about it when I''m thinking about my DH: ''May we live each day as the first, the last, and the only day we will have with each other.''

Haven, that''s a beautiful quote (I posted one similar in your thread about favorite sentiments) and it''s such a lovely tradition, and wonderful way to remember your wedding, forever! Is it written in Hebrew?

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 8:54:44 PM
Portia and Amandine--Wow. Your pieces are phenomenal. I especially love your stories behind the pieces.

Portia--That yarn piece is incredible. I think I''d stare at it every single day.

Amandine--I love that image. What are your other favorite paintings or photographs? I''m just curious because this piece is so stunning, I''d love to see what else strikes you.

I''ll see how many I can find pictures of, as we don''t have any originals up. Although, I do love the art from this Etsy artist:
Patty Baker

Due to my degree in theatrical designs and love of period pieces, most of what I love tends to fall along those lines. I also love bright, colorful landscapes like Patty''s.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
DiamanteBlu, I am getting the same message when I try to upload a picture.
40.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 9:54:25 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I have a number of pieces. Unfortunately, I don''t have electronic photos of most of them! I''ll post what I have and I''ll see if I can get decent photos of anything else.

The piece, Dehea, is currently on loan to DeCordova Museum in the Boston area [they had a professional take this photo]. I have lent Dehea out to other museums in the past. I got it and another painting by the same artist [Rick Harlow] back in 1986. Rick has spent many years in the Amazon and has done some amazing work reminiscent of the jungle. Dehea is 9''wide x6''tall:
I think this is one of the most amazing pieces I have ever seen. I love the how the colors seem to melt into each other. I wish I was closer and could see it in person.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 4:07:19 PM
Author: portia
Next is a Huichol indian yarn painting we bought in Mexico. It''s supposedly by famed shaman/artist Jose Benitez Sanchez, but we''d have to have that verified. We really like it regardless of who the artist is. The Huichol indians are known for this type of art... it''s yarn pressed into beeswax and it tells a story. The story is written in spanish on the back. We still need to get it translated and also need to do a bit of maintenance on it. The frame on the back is causing the board to warp so we need to remove the extra pieces of wood.
Wow this is amazing Portia, I love all the details. I love your hubby''s photography too!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Yea, its working now! Anyway, this is a piece by Alfred Stieglitz (he was married to Georgia O''Keefe) called "Spring Showers". I have this as a print, waiting to be framed. We are waiting on framing a number of these till we buy a house, so we can better match everything.

stieglitz_spring_showers.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Another waiting to be framed...Gustav Klimt''s "Lady with a Hat and Boa"

klimt29.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Alfred Munch''s "Young Girl on a Jetty"

isi-y717.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
John Waterhouse (love him!) "Miranda the Tempest"

65785.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
This one is framed, it is by Picasso and I have no idea of the name. I love it because it is the image of how I felt when I was depressed in late college. I really connected with this piece.

picassopic.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Last one! I grew up in St. Joseph, MI, where they have a wonderful juried art fair every July. I purchased this photo of carnivale in Venice there. It has been pretty polarizing with my friends and family, you love it or hate it. It really creeps out my closest friend, but I love it, especially the colors and the masks.

carnivalepic1.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Let's see if I can get Apaporis to post. It is by the same artist as Dehea and is also on loan to DeCordova. I have lent it to other museums including the Boston Museum of Fine Arts [that was pretty cool!]. It is 10'tallx7.5'wide. BTW, both Apaporis and Dehea are oil on canvas.

apaporis sm.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
This is Red and White Flowers by Roy Fairchild. I own #82 in the series and have it framed with an ecru mat and a gold leaf frame. This is not my photo. I''ll see if I can get a decent photo and I''ll post that later.

Fairchild red and white flowers_opt.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread. I have quite a bit of original stuff, none by anyone of note though. And then I have a couple charcoals. I''ll post a couple but I have a couple of nudes that I won''t post because I don''t know if someone might be offended, even though they are cartoonish.

ETA... I took a couple more pics than this but until I get my cord this teaser will have to do. This is a canvas by Nina Kuriloff. It''s the center of a calla lily. I believe that it''s 11 x 4

calla in orange..jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
hmmmm I don''t think that worked... trying again!

calla in orange2.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 1:19:59 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
This is Red and White Flowers by Roy Fairchild. I own #82 in the series and have it framed with an ecru mat and a gold leaf frame. This is not my photo. I''ll see if I can get a decent photo and I''ll post that later.

BTW, this is a much smaller piece than the two oils. The serrigraph is 32" x 40".

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 11:20:58 AM
Author: Amandine
Yea, its working now! Anyway, this is a piece by Alfred Stieglitz (he was married to Georgia O''Keefe) called ''Spring Showers''. I have this as a print, waiting to be framed. We are waiting on framing a number of these till we buy a house, so we can better match everything.
I really like this.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy, your friend is very talented - that is a nice reproduction of O''Keeffe''s Blue River. I actually have that hanging in my home as well!
I''ll have to take some shots tonight of our stuff. I''m fortunate to live a train ride away from NYC and love to by street art.

Georgia_O_Keeffe_Blue_River.jpg

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I have a print of O''Keeffe''s Black Iris III in our bedroom

black_iris_iii.jpg

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Great pieces everyone!!!
36.gif

Haven I love the portrait of the woman. I don''t care if it is ''fake,'' it is very mysterious and sensual. And Portia, I love your collection as well!

I might just have to take a few pics myself later tonight
31.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 11:20:58 AM
Yea, its working now! Anyway, this is a piece by Alfred Stieglitz (he was married to Georgia O''Keefe) called ''Spring Showers''. I have this as a print, waiting to be framed. We are waiting on framing a number of these till we buy a house, so we can better match everything.

I looove this one!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 11:22:52 AM
Another waiting to be framed...Gustav Klimt''s ''Lady with a Hat and Boa''
I like this!!!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:22:46 PM
Author: PaulaW
Skippy, your friend is very talented - that is a nice reproduction of O'Keeffe's Blue River. I actually have that hanging in my home as well!
I'll have to take some shots tonight of our stuff. I'm fortunate to live a train ride away from NYC and love to by street art.
Thank you Paula, you are right!! We both love O'Keeffe's blue river and had talked about it both being our favorite and she surprised me with it!
12.gif
I will let her know. You have great tasted. hehe Oh you lucky, seeing all the street art
35.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 10:14:59 PM
This is one of my favorite pieces, thus far. We created it with DH''s niece and nephew, they''re 10 and 7. Swimmer--This is the one that I found the perfect frame for.
It''s oil pastels on a canvas, we had so much fun creating it. The colors are really deep and beautiful in person, but I''m just not skilled enough with the camera to get them to translate to film.

This is hanging up in our dining room:

oh Haven, this is wonderful!!! i adore it, not just because it was made by you and children close to you, but also because it is interesting to look at.

i am enjoying seeing everyone''s pieces!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results