shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Alternate Wedding Sets!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

I thought it would be fun to see everyone elses alternate sets all in one thread! If there already is one, I will have to find it and link it here later. So please indulge me with diamonds, colored stones, etc. I can't wait! Please give stats too if you can. I am ready for the onslaught and I know PSers won't disappoint.

This was inspired by junebug17. I saw that you changed your avatar pic. :wavey: Beautiful set! :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I am ready to contribute to my own thread. All of the main rings have been created after finding PS. The diamond in the YG Erika Winters modified laurel setting was definitely made to be an alternate set when I wanted to wear more color. Goldie is a wedding anniversary/birthday/work milestone ring. The rhodolite garnet was my first CS creation as a right hand ring. The bands are either new or vintage.

img_20150426_101649.jpg

img_20150826_0.jpg

img_20150928_1.jpg

img_20150928_200738.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to show a profile shot too and you can kind of see the french cut rubies.

img_20150928_200750.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Vslover's alternate wedding set

8stonesmall.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Taylorbug!'s 30th wedding gift from hubby that she wears as an alternate. No pic I could find to show the set though.

robin-yellow-sapphire-radiant-3-stone-2.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun!

Sadly I only have one ;(

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Junebug17, I decided to post for you since I realized I could. Hope you don't mind. And please chime in with the specs if you see this thread. Thanks!

img_9458.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1443522627|3933078 said:
Fun!

Sadly I only have one ;(

I know you have other beautiful rings. So you don't occasionally substitute them in?

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Farleysmom's ring that she wears in place of her ER.

lmftranny.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy's second wedding set. The rest of her pics show her current upgrade and her other sets. The last pic has a color shift spinel in place of the original diamond in her first wedding set. That diamond is now in a pendant. Marcy, if you see this and I screwed up summarizing what you said on the other post, please correct me.

mc_wring.jpg

_34683.jpg

mcspinel2.gif

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Briolette obviously has multiple sets. Not sure which one she considers her official one out of these to know the alternate sets..so all the lovelies will be posted.
briolette|1307552750|2940820 said:
Demantoid garnet and diamond in platinum:
IMG_5773.jpg
IMG_5767.jpg
Sapphire and diamond in platinum:

sapphire_handshot2.jpg
sapphireset.jpg

Bi Color Sapphire set in yellow gold. I'm wearing on the right hand:
bicolor_hand.jpg

Diamond in platinum and yellow gold with Art Carved wedding band:
diamond_handshot1.jpg
The reset in platinum with yellow diamonds:
lemondrop.jpg
192_9263.jpg
(I may actually be selling the sapphire set soonish...)

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Poshpepper's alternate set.

_34684.jpg

_34685.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Mrsjacob also has a few sets. Not sure which is the official set to know the alternate sets though...so all will be posted as well.
mrsjacob|1311444431|2975325 said:
I have a few. Usually wear the beaded bands with whichever ring I want to wear that day, but I have other bands too. I like to switch it up.

rings%203.jpg

rings%202.jpg

rings%201.jpg

And I have a yellow set that I wear a lot too:

sapphire%20ring_0.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Gemgirl's second wedding set.

_34686.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Lottie's 30th birthday art deco wedding set.

2011_08_05_3268.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Cflutist's second wedding set... 2.21 F SI1 CBI diamond with matching band.

sm_img_10.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Bastetcat's other sets that are opals with her alternate anniversary WB and stacked with a YG eternity.

opalset.jpg

matchies2.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Star_sparkle's current set because she still has her original set.

_34687.jpg

20130705_0.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a wedding set but I wear this on my left hand ring finger a lot when I don't want to wear my bigger set. It's casual and fun
and I really love how this ring turned out.

upclose_oec_0.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_ said:
Just wanted to show a profile shot too and you can kind of see the french cut rubies.

Lovesvintage.....your rhodolite garnet ring and french cut ruby band are perfection!! Alone and together! Your whole collection is just lovely. :love: :love: :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333 said:
Not a wedding set but I wear this on my left hand ring finger a lot when I don't want to wear my bigger set. It's casual and fun

This is beautiful! I love the yellow gold around the center stone and the design detail.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333 said:

Thank you for adding your beauty tyty333! Is it new? And you designed this ring? I want to find a thread on it if you have one. I have never seen a setting like that for an OEC...beautiful and low profile. I love the mixed metal look of it as well. I used to not like that, but it seems my tastes have changed some...for the better. :)

Thanks JDDN! I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that band fits nicely with it. I did not have that in mind when creating that ring. I love having options. :)

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Wow, some beautiful stuff here everyone! Ill play too. Here are some of my favorites.
img_2220_0.jpg screenshot__15__1.png image_3067.jpg image_3894.jpg photo_242.jpg image_3069.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for playing diamondboy11685! I was hoping that you would because I thought you had mentioned having alternate sets on another thread. You are so lucky to have so many blingy options... all beautiful statement pieces! :)

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
_lovesvintage_|1443568558|3933290 said:
Thanks for playing diamondboy11685! I was hoping that you would because I thought you had mentioned having alternate sets on another thread. You are so lucky to have so many blingy options... all beautiful statement pieces! :)
Thanks so much! I took a bit of a hiatus from PS. Its sad how a few negative Nancy's or Debbie downers can drive people away from these forums. At least I know who to avoid now. My partner says it must be bitterness. Since being back everyone has been fabulous! I think the worst was when I kept being accused of "playing with mommy jewelry" lol. I count my blessings daily and feel very lucky to have a partner that loves to make me smile. Thanks so much for your kind words! I love your pieces too. :wavey: :appl: :dance:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
What kind of diamond is Goldie? My fancy brown is more like a beautiful gold too. Especially against the yellow gold prongs and basket and my band is set in yellow gold. I just recently got into mixing gold's and yellow gold in general. I just couldn't bring myself to set her in white gold with that beautiful golden color. :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1443535995|3933131 said:
I am really loving this piece! :love:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I have an emerald cut spinel halo split shank ring that I got for my grad school graduation present, and I later got a band that matches the width of the split shanks nearly perfectly, so I have worn this as an alternate to my wedding set on occasion. Spinel was cut by Dan Stair, setting is from eBay (jewelryhoo), and the band I got on Diamond Bistro a long time ago.

_34694.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondboy11685|1443606851|3933407 said:
What kind of diamond is Goldie? My fancy brown is more like a beautiful gold too. Especially against the yellow gold prongs and basket and my band is set in yellow gold. I just recently got into mixing gold's and yellow gold in general. I just couldn't bring myself to set her in white gold with that beautiful golden color. :appl:

Hi Diamondboy11685! :wavey: I bought Goldie loose as a GIA W-X OEC from LAD. She did not look that great loose, but was unique enough to make me very curious about her. It is not easy finding an antique diamond of its size and color range so I decided to take a chance and am very thrilled that I did! She is an amazing stone and makes me happy when I wear her, even though she does not have that typical flower pattern. It has been repolished though because it now has a faceted girdle. Setting Goldie in yellow gold has made this diamond look very golden, hence her name. I don't typically name my jewelry, but I thought she deserved one even though it is an obvious name. :)

You made the right choice in setting your fancy brown to help bring out its golden charms. :) You are indeed very lucky to have found a partner like that...one who understands you and your love of bling. Well, I am glad you are back on PS. Can't wait to see what other glorious bling you can share with us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results