shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me you heart shaped gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Love to see any beautifully cut heart shape gems! Does anyone know if Jeff White cuts hearts? I wanted to get a malaya (imperial) garnet from him but he only had roughs that would cut to be about a carat and I think I want something bigger then that.
Thank you

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Oh my!!!! That is gorgeous!!!! When I see rings like that!!! I would love to know what their husbands do for a living!!! hahahha

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Malaia garnet, 9.22 ct. I bought this heart cut garnet in 1986, when a number of malaia garnets came onto the market. This magnificent gem was cut by a world class cutter, who has won many AGTA Cutting Edge awards. I have a number of other stones cut by him. I don''t think heart cuts come any better than this. The gem then was quite expensive, since it was one of a kind. Now, malaias seem to have disappeared from the market, and I have no idea of present value, since gems of this class are no longer available. It is among the top few gems in my collection.

0737malaia1.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 3:24:50 PM
Author: zeolite
Malaia garnet, 9.22 ct. I bought this heart cut garnet in 1986, when a number of malaia garnets came onto the market. This magnificent gem was cut by a world class cutter, who has won many AGTA Cutting Edge awards. I have a number of other stones cut by him. I don''t think heart cuts come any better than this. The gem then was quite expensive, since it was one of a kind. Now, malaias seem to have disappeared from the market, and I have no idea of present value, since gems of this class are no longer available. It is among the top few gems in my collection.

YUM that is spectacular.

LS

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
zeolite, YUMMY! I adore that color, I have been looking for a citrine close to that shade. Gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That garnet is yummy! I have a heart shaped diamond, amethyst and rhodolite and really like them. They are all around 1/2 ct though so smaller than you are looking at.

hrt%20ring.JPG

rhod%20ring.JPG

mc%20ame%20ring.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow diamond is gorgeous!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 3:24:50 PM
Author: zeolite

Gee whiz!!!! that stone is PERFECT!!!! Have you set it or is it loose?? I absolutely adore it!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love heart cuts and Zeolite, please can I have your Spess Garnet?!!!! It screams quality and has just taken my breath away. Loving everybody elses as well. Here are a couple of mine:

This is a 1.02ct natural yellow diamond set in a DBTY necklace made for me by Diamonds by Lauren.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irradiated blue diamond 1.5ct

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzanite 8.15ct

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of sweet Rubies that are waiting to be set:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lastly here''s a colour change garnet. It has the same colour change as an Alexandrite so is green in natural light and amethyst purple in incandescent:

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock

Lasscreative: It is loose, not set.

LovingDiamonds: Thank you. That blue diamond is impressive. Do you know the locality of your c/c garnet?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zeolite - I''m pretty sure it was Bekily, Madagascar but I''d need to look it up to be sure. The colour change is very good with this one and I understand that this colour way is one of the most sought after? I''ve got a number of CCGs and apart from this one, my favourites are ones that are a conker vibrant brown that turn to a bright shiraz red at night - absolutely stunning!

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to say Bekily, but didn't want to put ideas into your head. My blue garnet is from Bekily.

BTW, i looked at that garnet in direct sunlight, with diffuser overhead, and it is still blue, but with some purple overtones. Thanks to Richard M's suggestions, I'm going to re-photograph all 6 c/c gems with direct sunlight and with Excella lamps, in place of the daylight fluorecent that I used before.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds, wow! You have quite a collection! I especially love the blue and yellow diamonds - they are a soft spot for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results