shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me Videos of your AVCs?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
A plea for information, if any of you are kind enough to indulge me.

I was set on a radiant but after finding AVCs through the forum I've kinda fallen in love with those too...
Unfortunately living overseas I would be buying sight unseen which is terrifying (I'd lose the 20% customs duty + fees if I returned it).

I've obsessively searched out loads of AVC threads on here and looked at all the August Vintage videos on Youtube and Instagram. I've noticed that ?John seems to hold the diamonds quite still in his videos, so you just get the view from the top of the diamonds. Which are of course lovely and bright and all, but what I'm really wanting is an idea of how the facets look/interact and how the fire looks when the diamonds are moving. Also interested in more 'far away' views rather than the super close ups you can get on the website.

Would anybody who owns an AVC willing to shoot a video of their diamond moving?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not mine;

Google August Vintage diamond on YouTube you will find a mile of videos from actual owners of them, Jon standing next to windows with the stones moving them around, there are a number of them on there.

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful!

AVCs and radiants are so different but I love both. How to choose?!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful!

AVCs and radiants are so different but I love both. How to choose?!

I wish you could somehow compare both to be sure, but I’m so partial to the AVC. They just have such a pastel glow and sparkle! I wish you the best in choosing.

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
I wish you could somehow compare both to be sure, but I’m so partial to the AVC. They just have such a pastel glow and sparkle! I wish you the best in choosing.
Thank you!
Yes, it's killing me that I can't see the AVCs in person. I plan to have this diamond forever and a few months ago I would NEVER have considered choosing one over the internet without seeing it first! But now...
I am trying to justify it by reminding myself that so many radiants are poorly cut, and the AVCs are all great. I will be looking at around 0.75 carat, so not large - and I feel like an AVC will be more sparkly at that size. But that might just be my imagination! I also think I could go down a couple of colour grades with the AVC and thus manage to afford it?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results