shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me those yellow gold 80's and 90's pieces

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
During the 80's I was still very young and didn't own much jewelry of my own. Nevertheless, I have the following pieces, which are: 1. A very thick yellow gold necklace that belonged to my mom and which she gave to me as a gift a few years ago, a yellow gold chain and eye pendant which were a gift from my brother and a yellow gold ring with a tiny ruby, which was given to me by my godmother on the day of my baptism. I'm wearing proudly all of them!
Here are the photos: IMG_20190829_214637.jpg IMG_20190829_214649.jpg
I love that thick YG necklace, I am consistently on the look out for a piece like that myself!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: AV_

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I had a little fun yesterday and brought out my gold, so first are some channel set diamond hoops gifted to my mom from dad and she gave to me because they were too heavy for her. Her loss my gain! 20190828_165358.jpg
I think they were from the 80s most likely.
Next I have my bracelet stack from yesterday. 20190828_092502.jpg
From left to right...pink sapphire diamond bracelet, looks to be total 90s but I bought it in 2014 lol from the jewelry factory!!! Certainly pre PS. I overpaid but it was my divorce gift to myself. Next is my new Costco 1ct bolo bracelet i LOVE it and wear everyday! And last is a very comfortable gold bracelet gifted to me by my parents in the 90s, they brought it back to me from Italy.

The earrings are nice. Yes, that squarish channel set was the thing. I like the tailored look. That pink sapphire bracelet is a coveted late 80's 90's look. They still work though, all the bracelets are beautiful. I am really excited to see the chunky gold pieces coming back. An aside - oh that Costco bracelet! It's beautiful. The Italian bracelet is timeless. Thanks for sharing the pictures on the thread.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
During the 80's I was still very young and didn't own much jewelry of my own. Nevertheless, I have the following pieces, which are: 1. A very thick yellow gold necklace that belonged to my mom and which she gave to me as a gift a few years ago, a yellow gold chain and eye pendant which were a gift from my brother and a yellow gold ring with a tiny ruby, which was given to me by my godmother on the day of my baptism. I'm wearing proudly all of them!
Here are the photos: IMG_20190829_214637.jpg IMG_20190829_214649.jpg

Oh Natylad, you have such lovely pieces. That heavy gold necklace is beautiful, and beautiful on your neck. Absolutely elegant. The eye pendant is enamel? That is really cool. It's sweet you still wear your godmother's ring <3. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
80's rings!
The shrimp ring is my favorite. I bought it in 1984.
IMG_20190829_213610764.jpg

Yes, yes, shrimp rings....now that was an iconic look back in the day. It still looks great. I like the whole set of them. You nailed the look in this handful of rings. They are all beautiful. The look was definitely heavier and much more substantial. When gold skyrocketed a few years ago, I wonder how many of these heavy rings were scrapped for gold weight.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19
I'm surprised that the pink sapphire bracelet is not authentic 80's. That X and O motif was all the rage. I think the design credit goes to Paloma Picasso, who first did the X and O jewelry line for Tiffany's that was a major fashion trend. She also did the scribble and swish pins that we all loved.
th
th
CPdok10_11_V3_z.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh you must start rotating everyone again
what is that orangy one ?
i love that shape
The orangy thing is a red andesine, with cloudy channel set diamonds.
Looking back, it was not a good choice, but I loved the trillion shape.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several years ago I bought these J-hoops on ebay. They are approx 10 pt OECs. This pic is super old and my photography wasn't good enough to get them really in focus so they look pretty blah here but they are adorable, and very bright and sparkly on the ear. Not bad at all for the price. I'd love small chunky hoops with ideal-cut melee but I can never bring myself to spend money on diamonds rather than colored stones, so instead I've got these.

j-pair.jpg

I also have this gold dome ring that belonged to my great-aunt.

IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg

I also have a few costume jewelry pieces. My aunt recently gave me a vintage Dior necklace that is gold plated with a fake emerald and CZs... it's very retro. I linked to a pic (not mine) rather than uploading since it's not a real piece. But it IS designer.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Several years ago I bought these J-hoops on ebay. They are approx 10 pt OECs. This pic is super old and my photography wasn't good enough to get them really in focus so they look pretty blah here but they are adorable, and very bright and sparkly on the ear. Not bad at all for the price. I'd love small chunky hoops with ideal-cut melee but I can never bring myself to spend money on diamonds rather than colored stones, so instead I've got these.

j-pair.jpg

I also have this gold dome ring that belonged to my great-aunt.

IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg

I also have a few costume jewelry pieces. My aunt recently gave me a vintage Dior necklace that is gold plated with a fake emerald and CZs... it's very retro. I linked to a pic (not mine) rather than uploading since it's not a real piece. But it IS designer.

Distracts,
I love the earrings. The "chunky bar" between the diamonds is definitely that 80's and 90's vibe. I think they are very pretty and I would imagine look great on the ear. Your aunt's ring pretty, do you wear it?
The "v" shaped look of that necklace is pretty definitive to the late 80's. Neat stuff, thanks for sharing.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distracts,
I love the earrings. The "chunky bar" between the diamonds is definitely that 80's and 90's vibe. I think they are very pretty and I would imagine look great on the ear. Your aunt's ring pretty, do you wear it?
The "v" shaped look of that necklace is pretty definitive to the late 80's. Neat stuff, thanks for sharing.

I haven’t worn the ring much lately but I need to! I forget how much I like it on until I try it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My ‘90s era original e-ring.

72C2C667-FDCD-43FB-9C0D-26B2CDB8EEC9.jpeg D1759274-E80E-4354-95D7-B70D5B1F0CE9.jpeg

Interestingly, I found this on the BGD site recently. A sure sign that what’s old is new again.

30BBDC15-919A-4B5A-8E6E-D0DFF42E820B.jpeg

What comes around goes around. I like your original ring!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
14k Italian gold, not worn for 20 years but will wear it this weekend with a purple top to my late aunt's memorial lunch.

20190901_184139.jpg

1.47 F-VS1 fat marquise with 2.32 ctw Princess cuts. Ring doesn't fit anymore.

MQ 1.47 F-VS1.jpg

A bracelet from my late mother. Don't know the diamond specs.

20190901_184716.jpg

My 3.01 F-SI1 pear ering that I still wear (along with my CBIs)

small P7110661c.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
14k Italian gold, not worn for 20 years but will wear it this weekend with a purple top to my late aunt's memorial lunch.

20190901_184139.jpg

MQ 1.47 F-VS1.jpg

20190901_184716.jpg

small P7110661c.jpg

Thank you for posting these. I am sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. The necklace is beautiful and timeless. I am glad you'll wear it.
The chubby marquis is great. I am not usually a fan of the cut, but I like this one. The setting is very 80's, but I like it. A very nice piece. A shame it no longer fits.
The tennis bracelet was a huge hit back in the day. I remember saving up for one. Nowhere as lovely s yours. I see where you got your great taste in jewelry. The pear engagement ring is stunning. I like the setting with it very much. You have such a nice collection of vintage gold and diamonds.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

20190901_184139.jpg

MQ 1.47 F-VS1.jpg

20190901_184716.jpg

small P7110661c.jpg
that unworn ring is a beauty
will it fit your pinky or perhaps resized
sorry to hear about your aunty
i hope you all give her a great send off

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the v ring @Austina I had one of those but sadly cz not diamonds so wasn’t worth keeping. I am thinking that looks quite current and very jealous of your lovely long finger nails too!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @meely, the diamonds in the wishbone aren’t too bad, the other, well, polished grit :lol:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that thick YG necklace, I am consistently on the look out for a piece like that myself!

Thank you so much! I really love it myself and wear it very often! There are many jewelry stores in Greece which carry such thick gold necklaces made of yellow gold, even today, and also I have seen many similar ones in the Middle East but I guess they are not at all popular in North America and this is why you're having such a hard time finding one. Maybe you should try to research on Ebay! I've seen some interesting older pieces in yellow gold on Ebay in the past! Good luck!:wavey:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Natylad, you have such lovely pieces. That heavy gold necklace is beautiful, and beautiful on your neck. Absolutely elegant. The eye pendant is enamel? That is really cool. It's sweet you still wear your godmother's ring <3. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Thank you so much for the sweet words!!!
The other day i found photos of me on the first grade of elementary school, proudly wearing the ring! Some pieces have so much sentimental value !!!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20190901_184139.jpg

MQ 1.47 F-VS1.jpg

20190901_184716.jpg

small P7110661c.jpg
Is the marquise your original?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the marquise your original?

No, I have a smaller marquise .75 E-I1 (yes I-1) that was my very first diamond, now in a pendant that hasn't been worn since my wedding day to husband #2 (#1 had an affair and dumped me for a married woman who was a family friend).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
despite not being personally comfortable with the 80s or 90s being refered to as vintage i am enjoying this thread very much
its making me happy
thanks to all your lovelly pictures

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly sold all my really dated yg pieces years ago. What I kept was a classic round engraved locket and bangle bracelet (gifts from my special aunt) which I really should make myself wear! I have a yg princess Diana sapphire ring (with a pretty dark sapphire!) that was probably bought in the late 70's or early 80's. My younger daughter really wants the sapphire ring, so I am glad I kept that! I may have kept a couple of others. Will try to get a picture later.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with @Daisys and Diamonds that referring to my wedding ring as ahem! vintage! is pushing the envelope. :lol:
Pulled these out of my jewelry box:
My mother's 20th anniversary charm. She wore this honker on a bracelet :eek2:
HEAVY 18k earrings with teeny diamonds...Love these and wear them occasionally.
18k and Lapis earrings straight out of Dynasty
Gold ball things
Ugly onyx and gold ring...what was I thinking? :lol-2:
20191004_073206.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results