shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me those yellow gold 80's and 90's pieces

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, jewelry of a "certain age". Funny how the years bring so many styles of jewelry. Curious if any of you ladies have looked through the jewel box lately and dusted off a few old school chunky yellow gold jewelry pieces?

For the past 10 years, I have avoided a 1-carat Baguette diamond heart-shaped pendant in my jewelry box. It just looked dated and YELLOW gold. You know, no one was doing yellow for so long.

Lately, though, I have started wearing it again. It is either coming back towards fashion, or I am getting senile. Either way it's probably okay.

Do you have any chunky 80's and 90's old pieces you are starting to wear again? Let's see the bling! :)

:love:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say '80s and '90s yellow gold jewelry is coming back in a BIG way. Lots of young 'n hip IG sellers are hawking these vintage pieces! I'm seeing a lot of gold herringbone necklaces, big chunky YG rings, large heavy gold earrings, etc.

I've dusted off a couple of my YG 1980s rings and, while they're of questionable quality (maul jewelry), I find them fun and nostalgic!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
20190827_215208.jpg Sure, I'll share. I know you sisters in their 50's remember these. If you have old bling that you brought back out...let's see!
20190827_215518.jpg

Attachments

• 20190827_215737.jpg
    20190827_215737.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 103

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'd say '80s and '90s yellow gold jewelry is coming back in a BIG way. Lots of young 'n hip IG sellers are hawking these vintage pieces! I'm seeing a lot of gold herringbone necklaces, big chunky YG rings, large heavy gold earrings, etc.

I've dusted off a couple of my YG 1980s rings and, while they're of questionable quality (maul jewelry), I find them fun and nostalgic!

The heart is from JCPenney's yearly diamond sale. It has a trade-up guarantee laying around here somewhere. Back in the day, I did think this was fine stuff too ;-) Those Mauls. But...honestly, it's not terrible for what it is.

Please share yours :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
DA02683B-2F8C-4F16-AEF7-01A23B102F3D.jpeg Definately. I recently chose this preloved 80s setting for my pink sapphire because it’s what I like!
So :P2

Oh yes, yellow gold and baguettes! :) I love the amazing color on the sapphire!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
20190827_215208.jpg Sure, I'll share. I know you sisters in their 50's remember these. If you have old bling that you brought back out...let's see!
20190827_215518.jpg

I love it! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to go through my stuff and make sure I dont get rid of anything. Well, at least keep the sentimental.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread. More pls!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Curious if any of you ladies have looked through the jewel box lately and dusted off a few old school chunky yellow gold jewelry pieces?"
I didn't have to dust mine off. I never stopped wearing them!

"Lately, though, I have started wearing it again. It is either coming back towards fashion, or I am getting senile. Either way it's probably okay."
I'm so glad because it's gorgeous!! And no, you're not senile. It's back in style!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
is 80s and 90s really vintage already ?
ive lost track of time
i finished high school in '89
ive always loved yellow gold and had no idea it went out of fashion

For a while, it seemed impossible to even find yellow gold. It's peeping back out now, and so nice to see it's buttery warm color again. Time FLIES! I was class of 83 :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
"Curious if any of you ladies have looked through the jewel box lately and dusted off a few old school chunky yellow gold jewelry pieces?"
I didn't have to dust mine off. I never stopped wearing them!

"Lately, though, I have started wearing it again. It is either coming back towards fashion, or I am getting senile. Either way it's probably okay."
I'm so glad because it's gorgeous!! And no, you're not senile. It's back in style!

Whew, glad to know I have not finally begun to lose my mind. Thank you :) Please please, bring pictures!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
20190828_132609.jpg 20190828_132413.jpg
Here are a few earrings. I still wear these once in awhile.:razz:

I love them. I forgot about the tri-metal craze, but your earrings brought it all back. Those are really neat. I also like the pretty jeweled earrings. Oh man, I remember wanting tri-gold jewelry so badly! I was too poor, but I was in love with the look. Especially the braided thick necklaces in three colored gold. What a cool memory. I would wear them in a heartbeat
though, I think they're back!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I bought this pre-owned diamond bar bracelet on eBay about 4 months ago. I was told by an appraiser it was most likely from the 80's.
Screenshot_20190429-183030_2.png IMG_20190503_160310875.jpg

Glitter, I love love that bracelet. It is absolutely timeless but does look like an 80's or 90's piece. I still love the heavy braided gold pieces. Thank you for sharing. This is really fun!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them. I forgot about the tri-metal craze, but your earrings brought it all back. Those are really neat. I also like the pretty jeweled earrings. Oh man, I remember wanting tri-gold jewelry so badly! I was too poor, but I was in love with the look. Especially the braided thick necklaces in three colored gold. What a cool memory. I would wear them in a heartbeat
though, I think they're back!

Thank you. I got this necklace with the matching bracelet and ring from my mom and dad for my birthday. I was over the moon happy when I got them. I still love them.
Screenshot_20190828-153134_Photos.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I got this necklace with the matching bracelet and ring from my mom and dad for my birthday. I was over the moon happy when I got them. I still love them.
Screenshot_20190828-153134_Photos.jpg

Oh this is not only awesome, but you KEPT THE BOX. :) I love it! Do you wear it much?

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I do remember all those tri-gold necklaces etc.
My friend had a lovely one, when we were at school, and I always fancied one, but never had one at the time as I could afford a real Gold necklace. Mostly had silver jewellery.
Years later I was given my mothers very thin lightweight tri gold necklace and I have it somewhere! Haven’t ever worn it, as it’s just too ‘thin/light’ for me. It’s certainly not as nice as yours Diamond girl 21, I hope you enjoy wearing it.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I do remember all those tri-gold necklaces etc.
My friend had a lovely one, when we were at school, and I always fancied one, but never had one at the time as I could afford a real Gold necklace. Mostly had silver jewellery.
Years later I was given my mothers very thin lightweight tri gold necklace and I have it somewhere! Haven’t ever worn it, as it’s just too ‘thin/light’ for me. It’s certainly not as nice as yours Diamond girl 21, I hope you enjoy wearing it.
Thank you Hounddog. I definitely still enjoy it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Here are my '80s specials!! :P2
IMG_9866.jpg

This is a fun stroll down memory lane. I remember sapphire rings with the lacy look! Marquis shapes were everywhere! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I had a little fun yesterday and brought out my gold, so first are some channel set diamond hoops gifted to my mom from dad and she gave to me because they were too heavy for her. Her loss my gain! 20190828_165358.jpg
I think they were from the 80s most likely.
Next I have my bracelet stack from yesterday. 20190828_092502.jpg
From left to right...pink sapphire diamond bracelet, looks to be total 90s but I bought it in 2014 lol from the jewelry factory!!! Certainly pre PS. I overpaid but it was my divorce gift to myself. Next is my new Costco 1ct bolo bracelet i LOVE it and wear everyday! And last is a very comfortable gold bracelet gifted to me by my parents in the 90s, they brought it back to me from Italy.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
During the 80's I was still very young and didn't own much jewelry of my own. Nevertheless, I have the following pieces, which are: 1. A very thick yellow gold necklace that belonged to my mom and which she gave to me as a gift a few years ago, a yellow gold chain and eye pendant which were a gift from my brother and a yellow gold ring with a tiny ruby, which was given to me by my godmother on the day of my baptism. I'm wearing proudly all of them!
Here are the photos: IMG_20190829_214637.jpg IMG_20190829_214649.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results