shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the: Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sdm

Rough_Rock
I finally ordered my diamond earrings, after spending a lot of time researching the stones and settings I wanted. THANKS to many of you who responded to questions I had. Without Pricescope I don''t think I would be as happy as I am with the earrings I chose.
I purchased my earrings from Good Old Gold, after lots of research of various companies. The staff at GOG, Jonathan, Marie, Christen, were wonderful to work with and answered all my many emails.
This is what I got:

.334 round, hearts & arrows, triple ideal, color: G, clarity: SI1, Holloway Cut Adviser: 1.5

.341 round, hearts & arrows, triple ideal, color: G, clarity: SI1, Holloway Cut Adviser: 1.4

The earrings are white gold in a martini setting, with the friction push backs. I knew I didn''t want the backs that screwed on, as when I tried some on in a store, I could not always get the threaded back through the hole in my ear. The martini setting was a definite. I debated on white gold or platinum, but chose gold.
My biggest dilemma was what total carat weight to get. I didn''t want tiny diamonds, but I also didn''t want the earrings to enter the room before I did
emteeth.gif
. I''m 5''3", with small ears. After emailing Jonathan, and reading all the great threads on Pricescope about earrings, I felt pretty confident that even with the smaller size I chose, the cut of the diamonds would make up for not getting a larger carat weight. The .675 cttw, for me, as turned out to be all that I wanted, and more.
I have a co-worker who keeps asking me if I cleaned my diamonds again. They are kept very clean, but the key to all the sparkle she is seeing is the cut. I sat in my car in the parking lot one afternoon, with the sun shining in, and I kept turning my head as I saw the prisms of color from the diamonds show up on my face. Another time I was in an elevator at work, and the ceiling was mirrored glass with recessed lighting. My earrings really reflected that light as I kept looking at the ceiling and turning my head ( I was alone in the elevator)!

It sure was fun doing all the research. I miss it! Now I''ll just keep reading about what everyone else out there is looking for.

SMBr675GSI1 studs.jpg

sdm

Rough_Rock
Here''s the side view.

sdm

Rough_Rock
Trying again with the side view.

SMBr675GSI1 studs_sv.jpg.jpg

sdm

Rough_Rock
The pictures I posted are courtesy of Good Old Gold. Maybe for Christmas I''ll get a digital camera and can take more pictures
emwink.gif

suzannecallison

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/31/2004 6:47:39 PM
Author: sdm
The pictures I posted are courtesy of Good Old Gold. Maybe for Christmas I''ll get a digital camera and can take more pictures
emwink.gif

Or, maybe for Christmas you can get a matching pendant
31.gif
31.gif

The earrings are gorgeous! Be sure to wear you hair up!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Perfect diamond studs!
30.gif
9.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
ooooohhhh! I''m so jealous!!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congrats SDM! They look beautiful. Enjoy wearing them!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Love em. Get that camera for Christmas and give us an ear shot!
31.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHH! They are exactly what I WANT for Christmas!!! I love the martini setting! Gonna have to be sure to "browse" this thread later on tonight when the dear fiance is watching Monday Night Football... start planting the seeds for a good xmas present idea.

Thanks, and enjoy yours, they are stunning, and I think a perfect size.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooooooooooo
30.gif
Those are beautiful! Can''t wait to see shots of you wearing them
1.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
love the earrings. I am in need of some studs. I am curious, how is the experience with buying the stones yourself vs. getting the set in a store.

Can''t wait to see the pics on.
9.gif

sdm

Rough_Rock
I debated whether to have the stones sent to me, then find a jeweler to set them, or have it done all at one time. After reading so many positive comments about GOG, and after spending HOURS looking at the GOG web site, I decided to have it all done at one location. GOG was great to work with on the setting. After I had read other posts about the martini setting, I wanted to be sure that the culet didn''t sit so low as to touch my ear (someone posted that could happen). I told GOG what I wanted, and they delivered! I''m glad I had it all done at once, especially since I received exactly what I asked for.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Those are awesome!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results