shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the damage to your ring from a shared prong wband.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
My FI does not believe me when I told him that there is an issue with a shared prong wband wearing away at the ering. I told him that I would need to get a spacer or wear the wband on my right hand but he does not like either of those looks but he really wants to get the shared prong. The shared prong is both of our favorites. Not that I really want convincing, but I think both of us need a reality check. The more pics the better!. Thanks.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Show me the damage to your ring from a shared prong wban

I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them!

You might also run a search on PS, I have seen many others in the past. Lovestreet has some particularly compelling evidence.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You could solder your engagement ring and wedding band together to prevent them from rubbing against each other.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock

Dreamer, I can't wait for the pics.

Kindred, Thanks for the idea of soldering the rings. I don't really like the idea of soldering a Tiffany & Co ring though. We paid enough for that ring and don't want to mess with it, hence the worry of the shared prong to begin with.

Anyone else out there with pics? I know I've seen them, I would love for them to be in the one spot.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I know there is one on Leon Mege's website. I can try to find it for you and post it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wonder if the reason I have no damage on my rings from wearing a shared prong eternity WB with my ER because the band on my ER is also a shared prong eternity?

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I wore a shared prong ring set. I don't have pictures but I damaged both rings but not wearing a spacer. I ended up chipping diamonds in my wedding band and bending prongs in my ering. I ended up turning my band into a bezel DBTY bracelet and I had to redo the prongs on my ering. It was a pain. Now I just wear a plain wedding band.

You might not want to mess with your tiffany ring but saturing them is really not a big deal. Tiffanys will even do it for you probably. This is a known problem and I'm sure they are used to doing it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've been bad wearing my shared prong with my ering (both plat). This is about 2 years of damage. I havent been wearing
my ering lately because I dont want any more damage. I'll probably order a spacer in the next month or two.

Edit - My ring is ready to go in for a polish. Its never been polished in 12 years...guess its time!

IMG_7908.JPG

IMG_7906.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results