shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the curl!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love all the curls!

I''ve recently embraced my own after years of straightening techniques. I still straighten occasionally, but for the most part, I''m curly. DH loves it.

hairdoooss1.jpg

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 11:15:07 AM
Author: Sha
K...I''ve never posted a pic of me on PS before, but I''ll be brave...
28.gif
This is a pic of me (bridesmaid) and my good friend at her wedding last year. I had just cut my hair short - it''s growing back now.

Sha, you are gorgeous!! I''ve always wondered what you look like...now if I can only find out what island you live on.
2.gif
Anywhere near Belize (where my family is from)?

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 3:41:05 PM
Author: trillionaire
this is the pic that I put in the show your faces thread... we had some nice curlies in there too! Hopefully they come out to play!
36.gif

I don''t normally look like this, I was taking some pics for the boyfriend...
28.gif
I''m very make-upless, ponytail and sweats normally. My friends that saw this picture thought it was Chaka Khan, def not me!
9.gif

but I always wear my curls!!! Love love love them! They are a bit looser here than normal, I put a henna in my hair and it loosened the curls a bit
7.gif
the curls are usually tighter and more corkscrewy, but it was not completely dry in this photo...

I had a relaxer for about 10 years, then cut off all my hair in college, during my first year. It grew back a curly mess, and I have been hooked ever since. After that, a number of my friends have been inspired to stop relaxing and go natural! Even my mom and sister! My mom''s hair was way overprocessed and falling out. She stopped relaxing and it is so thick, curly, beautiful and health again! I am so proud of her!
I LOVE THIS!!!
36.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
I love all the curlies. It''s so nice to see everyone embracing their curls. I love seeing the little ones with curls too :)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, ladies!
36.gif
I love curls! There''s something so romantic Rennaissance-y and mermaidy about them!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my new curly do, just got it cut last night and it is a lot shorter than I am used to! Apologies for the crappy self portrait but you can see my boy Simon in the background so not all bad :) I fought my hair for years, but finally embraced it in high school and am so glad I did!

DSC00696.jpg

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
And for comparison, two weeks ago at a friend''s bachelorette party.

stephboltlong.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Thanks cello, china, and InLuv, for your comments! Shucks, you guys make a gal feel pretty OK about showing her pic online...
1.gif
cello, my hair was straightened when I was a teenager, but I cut it off just before going to University. It's been natural ever since.

InLuv, no....nowhere near Belize..
1.gif
28.gif
19.gif
I'd love to visit there someday though! I didn't know your family was from there.

waxinglyrical, your daughters are GORGEOUS!! Your oldest girl has your lips to a T! What pretty, pretty girls they all are.
30.gif

Stephbolt, your new short cut is really cute! I like it. somethingshiny - no need for straighteniing there! Your curls are lovely.

Everybody's curls are really pretty!!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Hey Ladies! Lovely heads of hair here!

My hair can be coily, or wavy, depending on whether I use shampoo or not.

For most of the summer I "Co-wash" and do some variation of the CG method.

curlyps2.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Sabine, thank you! You look beautiful, girly! And I have to add that you have quite a handsome hubby too
1.gif

Cello, thanks
9.gif
Yes, that''s my hubby in the pic with me. I won''t mind at all if my kids look just like him. I think he''s so handsome
5.gif

It''s so fun seeing everyone''s curly heads. Mustang, Sha, CDT, Alli, Waxing, trillionaire, Somethingshiny, Steph, and Sparkly, everyone is gorgeous
36.gif
Isn''t it interesting how everyone''s curls are different? People always say to me, oh that girl has curls just like you, and I look and say, No they''re similar but totally different! hehe, we know our curls all to well.

That is very interesting about the no-shampoo method. I''ve never done that, but I wash at most everyother day. I use OUIDAD products now, the Curl Quencher line. I really love the curl quencher gel. I mix it with conditioner when applying. And when the hair is dry, if it''s cruchy I just run my hands over it and it becomes super soft but still holds my hair for the next 2 days. Love it!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Steph, I like the cut. It''s really cute :)

SparklyLibra, I love your curls. They are beautiful.

Sunkist, I love Ouidad to pieces. If I wasn''t CG, I''d totally go back to Ouidad. I used to love some spray that they had, what''s it called? Botanical Spray or something? It smells soooo good :)

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:17:25 AM
Author: cellososweet
Steph, I like the cut. It''s really cute :)

SparklyLibra, I love your curls. They are beautiful.

Sunkist, I love Ouidad to pieces. If I wasn''t CG, I''d totally go back to Ouidad. I used to love some spray that they had, what''s it called? Botanical Spray or something? It smells soooo good :)
Thanks cello! You have got me totally intrigued by the no-poo method. I usually wash every 2-3 days right now, but I''m really considering giving it up now that I''ve read more about it.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Cello, thanks Sunkist! Everyone''s curls are beautiful!!! I love being a curly girl, the versatility is wonderful!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Everybody''s curls are lovely! I''m so jealous of how tight and beautiful your curls are.
I tried to find a different picture of my hair, but this shows the curl the best. I don''t usually wear my hair down, most of the time it''s in a bun. It''s gotten so long that it just takes forever to get enough product in it for it not to be huge.

I''m working my ways toward no poo, but I''m waiting until I use up all of my shampoo. I''m also working towards no silicones or sulfates, but it''s taking awhile. It''s so hard trying to find products that work well.

I''m considering cutting my hair, but I''m scared! I really love the length, but I can''t stand how long it takes to get it to look nice. Does anybody have any advice on how what length I should go to? I''ll get a picture of my hair from when it was shorter.

Summer08009967462.JPG

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
So this is from when my hair was shorter, BF thinks this is a good length for me. I apologize for my face. Since My hair is up so often, I have few pictures of my hair down. I do remember it being easier to take care of my hair when it was shorter, but length is so nice!

BF named the file too...

2007_0623michellegoingcrazy0008_edited.JPG

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
pinkstars - i think ur hair will loook great short...i suggest giving it a try
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oupealgirl,

It was just a tad past my bra line, but I got it cut today. Now it brushes my shoulders.

Sha,

Such a pretty face! You have the *best* cheekbones!! I love cheeks. Super cuteness. And I remember way back on the other thread you said you weren''t cute. What lies!!
1.gif

Love the variation in curls presented here. Very cool. My hair stylist has stick straight hair but her sister has ringlets, so funny how genes play out. She always gets a kick out of it when she cuts my hair because even cutting just an inch or two adds so much more curl to my hair. It''s insane what a difference taking a little weight off makes for me. I''m jealous of the ladies who have LONG hair and curls. I get wavy bushiness when I grow it longer than about the braline. It takes a LOT of work to get the curl and keep it all day (frizzes as the day wears on).

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Pinkstars, I really like the length of your short cut! It's still long enough to give it weight but it doesn't take as long to syle. That's kind of the length mine is at now.

I think a lot of us Curlies like to keep the poof down as much as possible cause we think big equals frizz, but if you take a look back to Cello's "poof" it's gorgeous!
1.gif
Don't be afraid of the poof! (as long as we can still keep the frizzies in check
2.gif
) I have to tell myself this all the time.

My hubby loves it when my hair is big. Do your SO's love your hair big???

ETA: Fisher, I went back to TTC thread but no new pic there either
6.gif
Wanna share the new cut ???
31.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 5:51:57 PM
Author: pinkstars
Everybody's curls are lovely! I'm so jealous of how tight and beautiful your curls are.

I tried to find a different picture of my hair, but this shows the curl the best. I don't usually wear my hair down, most of the time it's in a bun. It's gotten so long that it just takes forever to get enough product in it for it not to be huge.

I'm working my ways toward no poo, but I'm waiting until I use up all of my shampoo. I'm also working towards no silicones or sulfates, but it's taking awhile. It's so hard trying to find products that work well.

I'm considering cutting my hair, but I'm scared! I really love the length, but I can't stand how long it takes to get it to look nice. Does anybody have any advice on how what length I should go to? I'll get a picture of my hair from when it was shorter.

I also used up most of my poo before trying CG. It's always good to keep a sulfate or clarifying poo on hand though, in the event you inadvertently use a not so CG friendly product, go swimming, go heavy on the products, etc.

I also try to avoid products where the second ingredient is mineral oil or petroleum. They just seal moisture OUT of your hair. They trick you by giving your hair "slip", and you THINK it's moisturized but it's not... Enter frizzies *here*... You run back to the product for more "slip", and the cycle continues.

Here is a list of Good & Bad Silicones.

Type of Silicones:

Not water soluble (Will buildup in hair)
1. Cetearyl methicone
2. Cetyl dimethicone
3. Cyclopentasiloxane
4. Dimethicone
5. Dimethiconol
6. Stearyl dimethicone
7. Trimethylsilylamodimethicone

Slightly soluble (May cause buildup in hair but some have found will still wash out with cowash)
1. Amodimethicone
2. Cyclomethicone
3. Bis-Aminopropryl Dimethicone
4. Behenoxy dimethicone
5. Stearoxy dimethicone

Water Soluble (Will not buildup)
1. Dimethicone copolyol
2. Hydrolyzed wheat protein hydroxypropyl polysiloxane
3. Lauryl methicone copolyol
4. Silicones with PEG listed before it

9.gif
Hope that helps my curly sistas out
35.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkstars! Your hair is gorgeous. I think just above the shoulder would look great on you!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 9:26:41 PM
Author: sunkist
Pinkstars, I really like the length of your short cut! It''s still long enough to give it weight but it doesn''t take as long to syle. That''s kind of the length mine is at now.

I think a lot of us Curlies like to keep the poof down as much as possible cause we think big equals frizz, but if you take a look back to Cello''s ''poof'' it''s gorgeous!
1.gif
Don''t be afraid of the poof! (as long as we can still keep the frizzies in check
2.gif
) I have to tell myself this all the time.

My hubby loves it when my hair is big. Do your SO''s love your hair big???

ETA: Fisher, I went back to TTC thread but no new pic there either
6.gif
Wanna share the new cut ???
31.gif
Sunkist, it looks just like it did in the short pictures, maybe an inch longer... touches my shoulders rather than being just a smidge above them. I think there''s a little more (or less, not sure how that works) layering in the back so I have less of a "ball" look in the back.

Paul''s still adjusting to it. He always hates when I cut it short... but with the prenatals, it does grow FAST, so he can''t be too upset.
20.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Steph,

You totally remind me of the girl in "Princess Diaries" in the picture with the longer hair. So cuteness!!
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
SL~ Thanks for the breakdown! I''ve been thinking that lately my hair is more frizzy than it was when I was first letting it go curly (which is why I posted a pic from several months ago) I was thinking I needed to cut it, and at a few inches past my shoulders, it''s something I don''t want to do. I just grabbed one of my go-to products for when I''m in a hurry and I''ve realized it has 3 of the non-soluble and 1 of the semi-soluble ingredients in it. So, now I''m gonna grab a clarifying shampoo instead of a cut. THANKS!!!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I heart curly hair, as a kid I always wanted to have hair like Mariah Carey-even had my mother perm my hair to try & achieve it.
6.gif

I dont have curly hair but my daughter got it!. Her hair is similar to Sunkist''s in the length & the color-which I love!
30.gif

I don''t follow the CG routine for my daughter I do the complete opposite, I think. I shampoo her scalp every other day, condition only her length. I mix a tiny drop silicone serum (Love cones, some types work better for certain hair) & TresEmme Mega Gel (Pink/black tube) & apply it to her towl dried length only. Once a week I use a clarifying shampoo. I follow the same routine even though I''m not curly. Our hair is never weighed down & looks great.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkstars, I love the shorter look! I think it would be easier to manage as well.

On the "poof" topic. My husband likes it big and so do I. The bigger the better! It''s hard though because my hair isn''t naturally as big as it is when styled. By putting the products in with my head upside down and putting it in a t-shirt to airdry upside down, it creates some volume. Then when it''s bone-dry, I flip my head upside down, put my fingers in the roots and tousle until it''s big :)

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
towl
20.gif
=towel

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Wanted to post (I think I''d read about it here??) that Sunsilk cream/gel duo is WONDERFUL! Helps keep the frizz down, groups curls together and doesn''t make CRUNCHY hair. I love it. And it smells good, too! Your hands don''t feel all sticky while you''re putting it in, and seriously two pumps is all I need and I have a *ton* of hair!

Just thought I''d post for a little FYI for the curlies out there...
9.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Can''t remember if I posted in the last curly thread or not. This is a pic is a couple years old, but it shows the curl pretty good.

decem2005.jpg

joflier

Ideal_Rock
And a more recent one. The hair is a little crunchier in this photo!

CIMG9049.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results