shape
carat
color
clarity

Show and tell Pad thread

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I haven't posted in ages, I was busy babysitting my grandboys .well these two boys are now 18 and 16.
I was looking through colored stones thread and saw a couple of Padparadscha posts .
All that remember me, know my love for them .
I can't remember if I posted pictures, but I remember T-gal and I would always talk about how they change color in different lighting and how they glow from within.

I thought i would post a few pictures of mine. They all are unheated and certified. One I am going to have reset because it sits too high.
15245416948371777584271.png

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good God I should have put hand lotion on.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones, Linda W, thanks for posting that picture.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Leslie. I was fortunate to buy these stones, a few years ago before prices went through the roof.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are lovely! Wow! You are a lucky lady.

And your hand looks fine, especially since I can't zoom in on it! :D

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha ha. Thank you MrsKMB

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What gorgeous stones! The oval is especially beautiful. Your hand looks lovely too :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Those are gorgeous! :love:

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank elle and fox. The oval is the one that I am going to reset .The stone sits up high and I dropped my ring once . I'm afraid eventually the stone will get a big chip.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are really beautiful Linda W! Your hands don’t look dry to me. I always think that about myself though.

You were so lucky to buy them before the prices skyrocketed. Do you wear them often?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Chatoyancy. Right now I wear the smaller one as an alternative wedding ring. It weighs 2.25 carats, but it doesn't look like it because it has a fish belly.

The oval I was wearing on my right hand, but stopped because i had dropped it and don't want to damage the stone . It weighs 3.53 carats, so it's not an everyday ring for me. I want to get it reset with some kind of bezel .

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and so lovely to see “proper ones”. So much of what is currently available to buy, at huge prices too, are really stretching the parameters of what a pad sapphire should look like.
Love them.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful. That's the dreamy color I crave in a pad! I love how bold and big the stones are, yet the color is so delicate. I'd be happy with much smaller pads, which is good, as I would never be able to afford anything close to that size. It's a shame that prices have skyrocketed. Even the smaller ones are crazy.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gorgeous pad collection! Thanks for sharing. I hope you will post a lot more pics.
Do you mind revealing the vendor(s)?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and so lovely to see “proper ones”. So much of what is currently available to buy, at huge prices too, are really stretching the parameters of what a pad sapphire should look like.
Love them.
I totally agree. I don’t even get what people are calling pads these days.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Chatoyancy. Right now I wear the smaller one as an alternative wedding ring. It weighs 2.25 carats, but it doesn't look like it because it has a fish belly.

The oval I was wearing on my right hand, but stopped because i had dropped it and don't want to damage the stone . It weighs 3.53 carats, so it's not an everyday ring for me. I want to get it reset with some kind of bezel .
Corundum is heavy. Yours 2.25 carat pad still looks like a very nice size despite the fish belly. Your 3.53 carat stone is begging you to wear it more often. I’d be happy to help out. I’m supposed to put a winky smiley after that sentence, but the little dudes disappeared on me.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love them.

Love them.
Thank you Bron, I love them too.xx

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bron, thank you I love them too.

Natasha, thank you for our sweet comment. Yes even the smaller ones have gone through the roof.

Chatoyancy, you made me laugh. I will wear it more often, once it is reset. Come on over and try it on.

Acinom, Your collection is beyond gorgeous, I wish I could try on all of your rings. I would sit for hours just looking at them. I tried to post more pictures from my cellphone, but it keeps saying that the file is too big. Any idea on how I can change that.

I bought my smaller pad in 2006 and my larger on in 2010, I purchased them from a company that many don't care for here, but I lucked out with these pads and I have always had a good relationship with them. They are from The Natural Sapphire Company. The price of their pads, were very reasonable a few years back.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Linda, so nice to "see" you again, glad you are doing well!

Your pads are so beautiful, such a gorgeous color! :love:

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Junebug, it is wonderful to see you also . Thank you for your sweet comment.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a side view that I took of my pad. The sunset color shows up well. I love how in different lights, the color shifts. thumbnail.jpeg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ick, the color looks crappy in the picture. Looks better on my cell phone ha.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Linda!! I'm so glad you posted your pads. They are gorgeous beyond belief!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Out of curiosity, I checked out the Natural Sapphire Co. Here's one of their offerings:

Padparadscha Sapphire - Oval 28.85 Ct.
$1,442,500.00
:eek2:

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Linda!! I'm so glad you posted your pads. They are gorgeous beyond belief!

Thank you CATMOM, you of all people know my love for pads. Your collection over the years :love: Love love them.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha ha ha Natasha. Years ago, it was no where near that price. The stones I have, have tripled , or more in price.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Linda W. Your pads are still gorgeous. I can’t believe your grandsons are that old now. That must mean I am older now too. :lol: Do you still go camping?

Marcy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI MARCY, . it's so good to chat with you again. Yes, can you believe they are that old now ? I think when I first joined PS, Ryan was only 6 years old. He graduates high school in June and Drew will be a Senior. Ryan has a car and drives me to Starbucks .Ha
No we don't camp anymore, but we miss it . My health took a nose dive the last 3 years, but doing pretty good now.

What have you been doing and your hubby ? Any new goodies ? I've always loved your collection of rings.
I'll pop in to the health thread in a couple of days and we can catch up

Is Deejay still in the group ? So many have left.. Skippy, T-gal, Decodelighted, etc. Those days were so much fun weren't they ?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you CATMOM, you of all people know my love for pads. Your collection over the years :love: Love love them.

Aww thanks!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results